Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

The goal came fom a corner that shouldn't have been given. Brereton dived to try to win a penalty, fouling Baird at the same time. The ball came out and someone shot and Carson turned it behind, but it should have been a booking, a Derby freekick and the last kick of the game.

But as ever shocking defending from the final set piece.

This is what the season is for. It was a great second half and we battered them. We can't go up this season so in many ways it doesn't really matter, so long as we learn from it. Rowett sees another example of our terrible last-minute set-piece defending weakness so has more time to put it right for next season. I was really heartened overall by the match, even though it's a terribly disappointing finish.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I had a tenner to use up my Bet365 account (set up only to watch game) on us to win when we were 0-1 at 11/2 and as the seconds counted down I was quids in and could tell 365 to do one with their live streaming promise which didn't exist on my iPad at least... What a happy day it was promising to be  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ck- said:

Well you can't blame the goal on that - it was 2 minutes earlier. Bad defending again at corner. 

Agreed.

Was disappointing, a bit meh on the rest of the season now but hey 2nd half much better on the whole, we didn't lose and last Friday I thought we could.

So G.R has something to build on and that's all I was hoping for today, can at least hold our heads high and laugh at their relegation battle whilst hopefully stringing a few better performances, particularly at home.

Always look on the bright side :)

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Much better second half. Had enough chances to put the game to bed. The substitutions made us worse. Gave them the initiative to push forward.

Agree apart from the Butterfield substitution, before he was brought on we were starting to get overrun in midfield again and he shored that up and provided better distribution from midfield. 

I'm in a bad mood now. Keyboard took the brunt of it. Went flying across the lounge and burst into pieces. Fuming. Sick of conceding in 90+ minutes. 

Hopefully Rowett's defensive background will give us the ability to see a game out. And defend well through games. 

Being objective 

forest are really crap

we are really crap at crosses 

if Ince had been on target today we win by a mile.

carson - poor really 

Baird - steady 

Keogh - ok

pearce - not good again, nearly scored though 

olson - rubbish first half slightly better in the second half

johnson  - steady

bryson - needed his energy

vydra - scored but anonymous 

russell - one decent effort and a great cross for our first

ince - should have scored today

nugent - lots of work and a goal

subs, butterfield and Bennett, interesting to see.

We looked so comfortable, that's the frustrating thing. They didn't even look like scoring. TBH I thought second half we were very good. We let ourselves down but all in all I thought it had more positives than negatives for the first game under rowett. 

Also why are people moaning about Bennett coming on? Nugent and vydra were shattered. Their equaliser had nothing to do with Bennett coming on. Russell should of kept the ball in the corner and instead he crosses it to no one. 

Looking forward to the team growing under rowett. After that, honestly think forest are in big trouble. 

At least the players showcased everything they are about. Jeckle and Hyde team who struggle to hold onto a lead.

Preston and Forest are not world beaters we should be doing better. Pearce just isnt quite there for me Keogh looks solid though i have no idea where people get this 'consistent' Carson from, i must be watching the wrong keeper.

Just now, Sparkle said:

Being objective 

forest are really crap

we are really crap at crosses 

if Ince had been on target today we win by a mile.

carson - poor really 

Pearce - steady 

Keogh - ok

pearce - not good again, nearly scored though 

olson - rubbish first half slightly better in the second half

johnson  - steady

bryson - needed his energy

vydra - scored but anonymous 

russell - one decent effort and a great cross for our first

ince - should have scored today

nugent - lots of work and a goal

subs, butterfield and Bennett, interesting to see.

Should this have said Baird?

On a positive I thought nugent was good. He actually manages to get off the ground and head the ball unlike bent. And vydra I thought looked useful. Some good movement and good balls. Tired later in the game. Please keep playing them. Both scored good goals today. 

It's really really disappointing but not to be expected. You could just tell something was going to happen. I'm not sure what it is that makes us unable to see games out. That goal is the difference between Forest being in and out of the bottom three too, so frustrating.

The only possible benefit I can pick out of the way the game ended is that our flaws aren't being papered over. It would be typical for us to play out of our skin in the remainder of the season and make it appear that changes are not needed, only to implode again next year. The difference of 2 points at this stage of the season isn't going to make an awful lot of difference, but it's just heartbreaking that we couldn't hold on for literally 15 more seconds.

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

Is it because I am watching the game from Spain,the bet365 is a Spanish version,sorry for any inconvenience caused

There's a heap full of legal stuff that prevents live UK streaming from what I've read  but I should have sussed it from your name Malaga:lol: . No problems mate, for the most part it was quite exciting really watching the virtual stuff on their website. 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Cisse said:

We need to get a players who can defend a corner. Those are costing us a play off place.

Considering we had the 3rd best defensive record before today and something like the 17th best goal scored in the league I would suggest the reason we aren't in the play offs is not to do with our defence

Archived