Chris Bairds 12 month option.

Coneheadjohn

Baird's 12 month option  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. Amazing. DCFC trying to bore us to death with these mediocre temp-in-form player resigning announcements. So he's on a good little run here and he's a loyal worker bee sort of bloke but another year, really? I know he has haters galore but I prefer Christie in spite of his current bad form - 24/7 365 days a year.

We are fast becoming the elephants graveyard team of the championship.

Change and Youth please, Rowett !!!!!!!!! 

Watch his performances fall of a cliff now his deal is sorted.

Meh, thought we'd go for a more youthful team but have re-signed both of our high paid ageing players, don't get me wrong they have done OK this year but this is hardly  a revoultion and if there is I don't see who will leave without having to pay a portion of their wages.

Can you got promoted with Baird starting at RB in 2018, I wait to be surprised.

1 minute ago, CumbrianRam said:

He is a good pro who will always give his all, he has spent most of his career in the premiership, has also played international football for years, been captain of his national team, and captain at Fulham, can play any position across the back four , and more importantly our manager rates him to do the business on and off the pitch, his contract extension is well deserved. And I will put 100 pound on him, having a positive impact next season.

15 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Meh, thought we'd go for a more youthful team but have re-signed both of our high paid ageing players, don't get me wrong they have done OK this year but this is hardly  a revoultion and if there is I don't see who will leave without having to pay a portion of their wages.

Can you got promoted with Baird starting at RB in 2018, I wait to be surprised.

But you might get promoted with an experienced, vocal, older head who is able to play or come on in a variety of positions; who is a good influence in the dressing room and is a pretty good player at this level who's made 'the pass of the season' for some.

As GR says there are times in every season when you just have to find ways of winning matches and experienced players can help you to do that. 

Yep also happy with Baird staying for another year, very experienced ,can slot in anywhere along the back four and we may find rowett intends to change others in our defence and sees him as a wise old head still capable of doing a job and steadying a few new defenders to be bedded in , let's wait until the full picture unfolds before we make a final decision on the role of Baird for another year,

19 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

Glad Chris baird has got another 12 months. He's  had a decent  season and a good utility player.

In many ways he's the best defender we have. Calm, confident and great awarenesses, anticipation and positioning. 

Archived