coneheadjohn

Chris Bairds 12 month option.

Baird's 12 month option   238 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give him the year extension?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

185 posts in this topic

I understand we can keep him for 12 months?

If this is the case can we keep him please.Great professional,good cover in various positions.Surely he deserves it,and it would be good for the squad?

Sorry if this is a duplicate.

jono, metalsheep02, Boss and 17 others like this

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I understand we can keep him for 12 months?

If this is the case can we keep him please.Great professional,good cover in various positions.Surely he deserves it,and it would be good for the squad?

Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Agree 100 %, if he is happy to be squad cover that is i guess. He might want to go somewhere where he can be guaranteed a first team place, i do suspect if we stay free of injuries his game time would be limited.

He has been excellent when called upon this season at right back and now in centre of defence though.

coneheadjohn, jono and dajstrawb like this

Keep him. Too much fuss is made around young, fast, athletic players nowadays that sometimes the importance of experienced professionals is underestimated.

He's not got the pace or attractiveness a modern day full-back should have, but his experience is invaluable to the side and what he brings to the side isn't something he's going to lose through age in the space of 12 months. We let Eustace go at a certain age and missed him a lot the following season. It can't do any harm to keep Baird, even if he's just a back-up, he wouldn't really complain at this stage of his career. Win-win situation for club and player.