Chris Bairds 12 month option.

Coneheadjohn

Baird's 12 month option  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I understand we can keep him for 12 months?

If this is the case can we keep him please.Great professional,good cover in various positions.Surely he deserves it,and it would be good for the squad?

Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Agree 100 %, if he is happy to be squad cover that is i guess. He might want to go somewhere where he can be guaranteed a first team place, i do suspect if we stay free of injuries his game time would be limited.

He has been excellent when called upon this season at right back and now in centre of defence though.

Definately keep him for another year as cover imo. Reads the game really well and is much more intelligent than Christie, sadly his lack of pace means we need a new first choice right back, but it really is only down to his age. An excellent pro who we should keep around

Keep him. Too much fuss is made around young, fast, athletic players nowadays that sometimes the importance of experienced professionals is underestimated.

He's not got the pace or attractiveness a modern day full-back should have, but his experience is invaluable to the side and what he brings to the side isn't something he's going to lose through age in the space of 12 months. We let Eustace go at a certain age and missed him a lot the following season. It can't do any harm to keep Baird, even if he's just a back-up, he wouldn't really complain at this stage of his career. Win-win situation for club and player.

59 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I would pick him over Christie at RB all day long. Gives Ince the freedom to express himself, and not have to concentrate on covering a RB that is running down a blind alley. 

Spot on .

24 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Definitely keep him. He has had a great season. He may not bomb forward but some of his passes for Ince have been brilliant. Great professional hope we take the option for another year

When he does get forward he tends to knock a cross into the right area, can remember at least a couple of goals from his crosses.

He's grown on me as a steady Mr reliable, never mind versatile.

Archived