Chris Bairds 12 month option.

Coneheadjohn

Baird's 12 month option  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, JG400 said:

"

Rowett also said he wants to keep Chris Baird at Derby County next season.

"I have had a conversation with him and my opinion is we should activate the clause," Rowett said.

"He is exactly the type of player we want around in the group.

"He has shown that not only is he very versatile, he is also trustworthy in the way he plays the game.

"Just as importantly, his character is right for what we are looking for moving forward."

This worries me , Chris Baird is a Safe player , I don't think he is an aggressive , high tempo player , but the element I don't like about him is his tendency to throw his arms in the air looking for someone to blame when it goes wrong , never a good sign in the office but even worse on a football pitch 

Personally I think we need two new right backs , A wisdom type player and a promising understudy 

Totally disagree , if we can take a positive from this season Chris Baird is it ! Total turn around in fortunes. If it's a fancy attacking full back your wanting , then I'm sorry your not going to get it under Rowett, honest hard working professionals is what you will get and Baird certainly falls under that category.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Totally disagree , if we can take a positive from this season Chris Baird is it ! Total turn around in fortunes. If it's a fancy attacking full back your wanting , then I'm sorry your not going to get it under Rowett, honest hard working professionals is what you will get and Baird certainly falls under that category.

But that's my point I don't think he is honest , when push comes to shove he wants someone else to blame including the east Stand :ph34r:

So pleased for Baird, been our best right back this season by a country mile, also think Ince plays better when Baird is in the team, so glad he shut the boo boys up in the east stand, I for one would love to say a few choice words to some of the idiots as well.

13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

From the limited amount I've seen,he seems to be comfortably the best crosser of a ball in the squad.

Just now, ramblur said:

From the limited amount I've seen,he seems comfortably to be the best crosser of a ball in the squad.

Unfortunately that doesn't say a lot about his crossing ability. Could still be anything between terrible to awesome and still be our best.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If Baird has been just OK what has Christie been? Baird has been sound and decent in attack.

Disappointing.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Unfortunately that doesn't say a lot about his crossing ability. Could still be anything between terrible to awesome and still be our best.

Again,I've not seen a lot, but I have seen him put in several dangerous crosses.

Good news. We made a mistake letting Eustace go one season too early and we were worse off for it in my opinion. I'm glad we're not making the same mistake again. Just having him in the squad for his experience alone is worth it and he's proved this season he's still got something to offer.

37 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Good news. We made a mistake letting Eustace go one season too early and we were worse off for it in my opinion. I'm glad we're not making the same mistake again. Just having him in the squad for his experience alone is worth it and he's proved this season he's still got something to offer.

Eustace hasn't played since, couldn't get fit again 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I'm slightly disappointed that we are not being more ambitious.

baird has been ok. Nothing more.

at 35 we really should be looking for younger better options.

Very sensible move as he is a perfect sub for all the defensive positions allowing more wriggle room elsewhere 

21 minutes ago, New Gold Dream said:

He is far too old. We need a younger player such as Wisdom. This is a step backward and we could save on his enormous wages by getting Wisdom for about £2-3 Million from Liverpool.

I'm sure that Wisdom would be paid more at Liverpool than Baird is at Derby.

47 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Very sensible move as he is a perfect sub for all the defensive positions allowing more wriggle room elsewhere 

4 years too late

44 minutes ago, New Gold Dream said:

He is far too old. We need a younger player such as Wisdom. This is a step backward and we could save on his enormous wages by getting Wisdom for about £2-3 Million from Liverpool.

He might be in the twighlight of his playing career. But he is a true professional who stuck at it despite the acrimonious attention he got from some of the so called faithful.  However he has been one of the few shining lights among some pretty dull bulbs this year. I say good for him

Archived