camara has to start surely

kyle mccabe

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I'm still waiting to see is Camara's lightning speed I've been told he has, not seen him skin an opposing defender for pace yet. My lasting image of Camara is always of him sat on his arse legs out stretched pulling up his socks and shaking his head after being put there by the opposition defender who has just dispossessed him of the ball far too easily

Just so incredibly static. Seems scared of running behind a defender. Would be a defenders dream to play against....even if he takes you on, he'll mess around with the ball so much you have time to get back into position.

Anya please, and what a delightful cross for Ince.

13 hours ago, 1of4 said:

What I'm still waiting to see is Camara's lightning speed I've been told he has, not seen him skin an opposing defender for pace yet. My lasting image of Camara is always of him sat on his arse legs out stretched pulling up his socks and shaking his head after being put there by the opposition defender who has just dispossessed him of the ball far too easily

So far out of his depth he needs a deep sea divers suit. One of the worst players to wear a derby shirt.

3 hours ago, TelTheRam said:

It seems that the best choice between anya, razza and Russell is one that isn't playing.

This.

I like Razza, he has it in him to stir the crowd because he has the ability to make things happen, cutting in from wide areas or being busy and worrying their fullbacks. Especially when he's brought on in place of a lacklustre Russell performance.

Trouble is with consistency, as is the case for all our wingers (bar Ince with his current form) and to be fair, the problem with most championship wingers. I still want to see him given 6 starts in the side, see if he can start hitting form regularly and lift us the way he did at Leicester. I never thought Ince had it in him to find that consistency and figured he'd play out a career of being hot and cold, but so far he's proving me wrong. Ince is proof it is possible, some players just need time... 

Camara is the best player we have coming off the bench. He has made an impact in a few games, which has led to him starting, which has then led to him being put on the bench again. 

He's valuable to us off the bench. It's horses for courses, so let's use him at what he's good at.

Anya and Russell are more rounded footballers. 

It was noticeable how the 'Camara' chant was seldom heard after the first couple of minutes or so.. which probably say's a lot about his performance, although it could also have been the way the game was panning out with that disastrous first half...

I said after Leicester that if Camara is the new fans favourite ( or folk hero as I described it) then the Derby fans deserve better.. I still think that.

I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong of course...

He didn't hide yesterday but made some awful decisions. That said, no one had a great game, we were very disjointed. 

My gut feeling is to start him but dependent on who his opposite number is. If his likely right back opponent is a cool customer.. Then leave him on the bench for impact. 

20 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

It was noticeable how the 'Camara' chant was seldom heard after the first couple of minutes or so.. which probably say's a lot about his performance,

I noticed the same thing - but what the hell is that chant? It went on for ages in the first 5 minutes but at no point could I work out what the tune was. Neither could anyone around me

Our luck with overseas signing since the turn of the Millennium has been pretty bad to be honest, aside from Rasiak and Idiakez.

Doyle, Albentosa, Camara, Sterjovski, Zadkovich, Villa, Feilhaber,  Kaźmierczak...

Simon Hunt was the man at spotting talent abroad, now we've Mo friggin' Camara?

14 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Our luck with overseas signing since the turn of the Millennium has been pretty bad to be honest, aside from Rasiak and Idiakez.

Doyle, Albentosa, Camara, Sterjovski, Zadkovich, Villa, Feilhaber,  Kaźmierczak...

Morgen Bisgaard and Marco Reich weren't too bad, but it has been slim pickings since the turn of the millennium.

21 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Lupoli seemed pretty decent, although that was just when I started getting into football, so that might be rose-tinted glasses on my part.

Bueno and Mascarell were decent. No surprise to see them go onto bigger and better things. 

Archived