camara has to start surely

kyle mccabe

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I'm confused.. Camara earned his right to play against Leeds after the WBA game, so did Hanson.. Then along comes Leeds and we have two of the worst players ever to pull on a Derby shirt.

They were the scapegoats that match. It was there turn, always has to be at least one!!

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

They were the scapegoats that match. It was there turn, always has to be at least one!!

Camara in particular was absolutely dreadful that match. He was excellent against Newcastle when he came on, but let's not pretend that he was scapegoated and being dropped after the Leeds game wasn't warranted. That LW position is extremely competitive and is going to keep rotating between Russell and Camara until one of them hits some form.

9 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I'm confused.. Camara earned his right to play against Leeds after the WBA game, so did Hanson.. Then along comes Leeds and we have two of the worst players ever to pull on a Derby shirt.

But the way we played against Leeds was completely the opposite of how we played against West Brom.

Against a West Brom Camara was in their half and was a constant menace.

Against Leeds for some reason the whole team decided to sit deep and somehow hope we will score. Everytime Camara received the ball he was lost in midfield, he should have been receiving the ball mid way through their half.

For me either the tactics against Leeds were all wrong, or the players were not good enough to follow them...not just Camara.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

But the way we played against Leeds was completely the opposite of how we played against West Brom.

Against a West Brom Camara was in their half and was a constant menace.

Against Leeds for some reason the whole team decided to sit deep and somehow hope we will score. Everytime Camara received the ball he was lost in midfield, he should have been receiving the ball mid way through their half.

For me either the tactics against Leeds were all wrong, or the players were not good enough to follow the...not just Camara.

Don't get me wrong, I'd play him every week. I like the kid.

Camara seems to make the best impression when he comes on in matches that we are searching for a goal. His attacking instinct is good and his pace and directness can cause problems. 2 issues - barring West Brom, I have felt he made the best impression coming in off the right wing, ala Ince (as many have said previously) and secondly, when we start the game slowly (aka the last month) Camara ends up running into players trying to get the ball forward or gets found out by not supporting his full back as effectively as others (Russell, Anya etc) 

super sub for now is Camara, I want Mac to make changes earlier, and I would rather he had 25 mins than 5 to make a difference (and get Bent off after 60 mins every game, his legs are gone by then)

What happened with Leeds is that they did there homework. They had 3-4 people around him and he couldn't get past that many people. He'd either lose the ball or have no choice but go backwards. Their was no runners no one offering themselves.

He must start IMO.

Just now, Lincolnshire Ram said:

Head down, no real vision.

Anyone else thinking he may not be good enough for a regular start.

Good impact sub.

I know he is a fans favourite but I find him really frustrating.

LOOK UP !!!!

That might have changed after today!

I think he needs to make more runs without the ball, practice his collecting of the ball more.

He wasn't giving Baird many options when on that side. Also his first touch is mainly away from him resulting in him running to the ball.

But, I like him, he's raw, he's older than many think too. I hope he can assist us and us him.

Carry on Razza!

10 minutes ago, Lincolnshire Ram said:

Head down, no real vision.

Anyone else thinking he may not be good enough for a regular start.

Good impact sub.

I know he is a fans favourite but I find him really frustrating.

LOOK UP !!!!

He's totally clueless and is simply not good enough. Not "raw" as some may say especially at 27, it's just a simple case of not being good enough at this level.... if he's a fans favourite then god help us all

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think he needs to make more runs without the ball, practice his collecting of the ball more.

He wasn't giving Baird many options when on that side. Also his first touch is mainly away from him resulting in him running to the ball.

But, I like him, he's raw, he's older than many think too. I hope he can assist us and us him.

Carry on Razza!

A totally useless addition

Archived