Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Colm said:

This was retweeted by Razza (to piss off the anti-derby fans on here no doubt). ;) Abdoulllll Camaraaaa

As you say he clearly isnt bothered, does it make it right? I dont know you have to make a personal choice on that. Who is anti derby though? Are you saying someone is anti derby just because they disagree with the chant?

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Thorne got injured playing in a totally meaningless game with nothing on the result at all....completely different to the situation last night.

We should have played a full strength side and beat them then moved on to the next round.

If we have to rest players at all (which we shouldn't have to) then do it in the easy games coming up.

Meaningless in what way?

We could have finished higher in the league and gained home advantage and also gathered momentum going into the play offs.

The argument has to be okay your strongest team all the time or there is no argument to be had.

20 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Probably you(?) You've not really done much to argue your case beyond saying his argument is a 'load of *******'. 

It's definitely racist. The degree to which it's racist is arguable, but the fact that it's not as overtly racist as songs from years ago is irrelevant and doesn't make it ok.

So if we've all got to play by your rules, to be called sheep shaggers is far more offensive...

Not that it ever particularly bothered me.

People are far too sensitive these days.

20 hours ago, 86 points said:

That doesn't entirely surprise me pal <_<

I just think your trying to find racism where it don't really exist...

The chant isn't intended to be racist ffs and I certainly wouldn't accuse 5,000 Derby fans trying to support their team as racists..that would be offensive.

And by the way... I just sang the 'Abdul Camara' bit.

8 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

The chant isn't intended to be racist ffs and I certainly wouldn't accuse 5,000 Derby fans trying to support their team as racists..that would be offensive.

So there's obviously an element of doubt in your mind then....:whistle:

9 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

This has been done to death Mark but for what it's worth I'm not entirely sure that most folk had even considered it. I don't think Derby fans are inherently racist. Far from it. I love this club after all. When Leeds fans sing about Saville I don't assume that they are all nonces either though I do feel it's a horrible thing to be chanting. I don't get to attend many games these days and I've never heard it sung - the words just came as a bit of a shock if I'm honest and because of the nature of the debate, tempers flared quickly. It's an emotive subject after all, especially for anyone of mixed race.

9 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

People are far too sensitive these days.

Disregarding racism for a moment.I agree with the above sentence ,an example being

I visited a factory recently through work and the subject was brought up. A coordinator for a work experience student had just left after carrying out the weekly/monthly check and the word BANTER came up ,this was immediately JUMPED on as a word the coordinator didn`t like as banter could lead to bullying .Are we in danger of rearing generations of touchy,mardy,over sensative ,easily offended, people who have a lack of comprehending sarcasm and irony in fact lack a sense of humour unless it is "sledge hammer obvious wit"?

43 minutes ago, 86 points said:

This has been done to death Mark but for what it's worth I'm not entirely sure that most folk had even considered it. I don't think Derby fans are inherently racist. Far from it. I love this club after all. When Leeds fans sing about Saville I don't assume that they are all nonces either though I do feel it's a horrible thing to be chanting. I don't get to attend many games these days and I've never heard it sung - the words just came as a bit of a shock if I'm honest and because of the nature of the debate, tempers flared quickly. It's an emotive subject after all, especially for anyone of mixed race.

Says you mentioned me but cant see it anywhere :blink:. Either way no, I dont think anyone considered it racist until you brought it up, we've been singing it for ages not sure why it's suddenly been labelled a racist song. It mentions him driving a vauxhall zafira in callais... i'm not sure how that equates to him being a refugee, as I mentioned earlier the channel crossing to get to england from france is in callais.

Either way he loves the chant and support: ;)

razza.png

The song could easily apply to someone who isn't black. Many of those trying to enter every 8 minutes as the statistics relate, are white, or they would be if they werent so mucky. Abdoul was just one of the lucky ones to get in, and who knew he could run the wing like he does. Marvelous find and I think we should go back and look for more. Perhaps we could find a full back to take the place of Keogh! 

15 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

... Russell really was a useless honky MOFO last night.

He didnt want to play. Dont know why but Ive seen it before in players and his body language matched those that were either out the door or shielding an injury. Strange. 

Banter is fine so long as you find it tolerable at worst. Anything over that and you can run into problems.

All people are different and we should respect that.

I used to hate the banter flying around in factories about women and women employees. I find that sort of stuff is disrespectful to women and gave me an indication as to the calibre of men I was working with. We all comment about women of course but some banter I've been exposed to regularly and been expected to join in with because I'm a 'bloke' was just obscene and sick and bordering on sex pest territory.

Just one example. If I choose to take offence to that and not join in then I suddenly become an oddball to those lot.

Taking offence at seemingly innocuous things IS on the increase and I've no doubt there are lots of people who do so just because it makes them feel superior but it just takes a bit of common sense.

Don't make jokes about sexually attacking women ( believe me I've heard much worse over the years from blokes that class it as banter ) and don't sing songs about refugees at football matches.

They are highly likely to cause offence to more than just your usual folk who get upset over every little thing and the reason is that they are horrible things to chuck about as banter.

Just think a bit that's all. Not everything is fair game and exactly the reason why Frankie Boyle is such a pr#ck.

40 minutes ago, Colm said:

Says you mentioned me but cant see it anywhere :blink:. Either way no, I dont think anyone considered it racist until you brought it up, we've been singing it for ages not sure why it's suddenly been labelled a racist song. It mentions him driving a vauxhall zafira in callais... i'm not sure how that equates to him being a refugee, as I mentioned earlier the channel crossing to get to england from france is in callais.

Either way he loves the chant and support: ;)

razza.png

Colm I shouldn't have called you a racist. It's clear that wasn't your intent. I stand by my thoughts on the chant though. Accept this as an apology please - it's a subject I struggle with for a lot of reasons.

32 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Colm I shouldn't have called you a racist. It's clear that wasn't your intent. I stand by my thoughts on the chant though. Accept this as an apology please - it's a subject I struggle with for a lot of reasons.

That's alright, hadn't even noticed how the chant might look from another perspective! Nothing wrong with a good debate :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Banter is fine so long as you find it tolerable at worst. Anything over that and you can run into problems.

All people are different and we should respect that.

I used to hate the banter flying around in factories about women and women employees. I find that sort of stuff is disrespectful to women and gave me an indication as to the calibre of men I was working with. We all comment about women of course but some banter I've been exposed to regularly and been expected to join in with because I'm a 'bloke' was just obscene and sick and bordering on sex pest territory.

Just one example. If I choose to take offence to that and not join in then I suddenly become an oddball to those lot.

Taking offence at seemingly innocuous things IS on the increase and I've no doubt there are lots of people who do so just because it makes them feel superior but it just takes a bit of common sense.

Don't make jokes about sexually attacking women ( believe me I've heard much worse over the years from blokes that class it as banter ) and don't sing songs about refugees at football matches.

They are highly likely to cause offence to more than just your usual folk who get upset over every little thing and the reason is that they are horrible things to chuck about as banter.

Just think a bit that's all. Not everything is fair game and exactly the reason why Frankie Boyle is such a pr#ck.

Good point Tony but I think what you are referring to is NOT banter at all more like verbal abuse and sexual abuse.I would not expect anyone to put up with that .

It just seems that there are more and more "touchy" people these days men and women who (like I put earlier) fail to grasp sarcasm.

Banter "exchange remarks in a good- humoured teasing way"

Could be out of a Rupert Bear book" come on CHUMS !"

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Ok that's fair enough mate....

Archived