Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Hermanshire said:

His market value is €10 mill or about £8,5 mill.
When Liverpool bought him he was valued the same. 
https://www.transfermarkt.com/lazar-markovic/profil/spieler/144303

I love that site for information but when you look at valuations they are usually way off. They base it on all sorts of things who they play for, Age, Contract length. This is all fine a player has to have a valuation but that doesn't mean that club will sell them for that. Take for instance Kylian Mbappé they have him valued at £29.75m but he's getting linked to Real Madrid for £120m, that is £90m off. Just because Transfermarkt have him valued at that doesn't mean he will go for that. Lazar Markovic will not be sold for £8m no way, it is just what some people behind a computer screen have decided he's worth on a few stats while he has been at Liverpool. I have no doubt they will take a loss on him but it will probably be in the ball park of £5m, so maybe a £15m move to another team.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kylian-mbappe/profil/spieler/342229

Here you go @Hermanshire it's just been on Sky sports transfer centre :). I said around the £15m mark so I was close. Plus Derby or Fiorentina? Hmmm :lol:

MARKOVIC NEARS EXIT

Lazar Markovic has been left out of Liverpool's squad for friendlies in Germany after having talks with Fiorentina.

The Serbia international is surplus to requirements at Anfield and it is understood the 23-year-old has met Fiorentina to discuss a move, but Liverpool are holding out for £16m, according to PA Sport.

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Boro signing Ashley Fletcher for 7m to go with Assombalonga (£15m) and Braithwaite (£9m) - both Bamford and Gestede would give us something different to what we currently have

Bamford is someone I thought about when they signed Assombalonga, may be a lazy connection on my part as a prior loanee. If we could get him at the price they paid he would be good value in today's market.

However I don't think we can justify the need at this time. If we're paying £5m for someone they should be for and to improve the team rather than be an option or another player bought in and played out of position.

I highly doubt Boro would loan him out to a top half club, but loan with a view to a permanent deal next summer when we have a slimmer squad could be a good move if we can loan out Blackman or Vydra and avoid increasing numbers/wages. Both would benefit from extended first team runs and confidence boosts.

Question for the day, would you rather have Bamford or Vydra? (or Gestede, but I think he is less comparable, and offers less versatility at a higher cost)

14 minutes ago, Rample said:

Question for the day, would you rather have Bamford or Vydra? (or Gestede, but I think he is less comparable, and offers less versatility at a higher cost)

Vydra I think - We haven't seen the best of him in a Derby shirt but on his day but I've seen enough glimpses to suggest that he can still play a role for us

I feel that it's unlikely we'll be switching to 4-4-2 anytime soon and for me Vydra fits better into a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 than Bamford does

16 minutes ago, Rample said:

Bamford is someone I thought about when they signed Assombalonga, may be a lazy connection on my part as a prior loanee. If we could get him at the price they paid he would be good value in today's market.

However I don't think we can justify the need at this time. If we're paying £5m for someone they should be for and to improve the team rather than be an option or another player bought in and played out of position.

I highly doubt Boro would loan him out to a top half club, but loan with a view to a permanent deal next summer when we have a slimmer squad could be a good move if we can loan out Blackman or Vydra and avoid increasing numbers/wages. Both would benefit from extended first team runs and confidence boosts.

Vydra ! I really hope we what he's truly capable of this year. 

32 minutes ago, Rample said:

I know. What club would be stupid enough to loan a top striker out to a promotion rival. 

Archived