Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish people would stop going on about the transfer window, it doesn't matter when it opens. Clubs can sign players whenever they like during the off season. The deal just becomes official on 1st July. It's. it like the January transfer window where players join mid season. Even mid season you can announce a signing but it won't be come official nor can said player play until the window opens. I don't get the emphasis on the window opening in the summer. Didn't stop us signing Davies, Wisdom, didn't stop Hughes going. 

I feel like Johnny Williams could perhaps be a good signing to play in the middle of the park / provide some creativity. A couple of my mates support Ipswich and really rated him, he's still quite a young player at 23 so there's a lot of time for him to improve and it's about time he left crystal palace and found a club to establish himself at. He would also be available for relatively cheap. I appreciate he isn't a big name signing but whenever I've seen him play he has looked very busy and fairly dangerous, could fit as a young and hungry player.

I would prefer to go in for a player like Harrison Reed or Isaac Hayden instead of someone like Glenn Whelan or Joe Ledley as I think they can play a very similar role as alongside George Thorne or as a back up to him. They would also justify what I would assume as being a small investment over the course of the next few years. Reed seems like an outcast at Southampton and doubt Hayden will be needed at Newcastle after inevitable investment.

Definitely need a couple of high class wingers, especially with Ince leaving. Think there's very little chance of us signing Jota as in the past he's come out and said he wouldn't move to another championship club. I'd sign a big name player like a Jota or a Sako to play on one wing and then either sign a young player such as Marcus Maddison or a loan signing such as Onumah from Spurs or Ojo from Liverpool to provide similar raw excitement to what we got when Ibe was on loan to provide strong competition for places and push our current wingers. 

1 hour ago, Barry Chuckle said:

I feel like Johnny Williams could perhaps be a good signing to play in the middle of the park / provide some creativity. A couple of my mates support Ipswich and really rated him, he's still quite a young player at 23 so there's a lot of time for him to improve and it's about time he left crystal palace and found a club to establish himself at. He would also be available for relatively cheap. I appreciate he isn't a big name signing but whenever I've seen him play he has looked very busy and fairly dangerous, could fit as a young and hungry player.

I would prefer to go in for a player like Harrison Reed or Isaac Hayden instead of someone like Glenn Whelan or Joe Ledley as I think they can play a very similar role as alongside George Thorne or as a back up to him. They would also justify what I would assume as being a small investment over the course of the next few years. Reed seems like an outcast at Southampton and doubt Hayden will be needed at Newcastle after inevitable investment.

Definitely need a couple of high class wingers, especially with Ince leaving. Think there's very little chance of us signing Jota as in the past he's come out and said he wouldn't move to another championship club. I'd sign a big name player like a Jota or a Sako to play on one wing and then either sign a young player such as Marcus Maddison or a loan signing such as Onumah from Spurs or Ojo from Liverpool to provide similar raw excitement to what we got when Ibe was on loan to provide strong competition for places and push our current wingers. 

2 prem clubs were in for Jota and the fee was in the region of 15 mill.....forget about Jota coming to us, it aint gonna happen....

49 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

2 prem clubs were in for Jota and the fee was in the region of 15 mill.....forget about Jota coming to us, it aint gonna happen....

When was that though?

Pretty sure we were going to get £15m for Hughes 2 years ago so things change

2 hours ago, Barry Chuckle said:

Onoumah from Spurs is a good shout, looked quality and really strong for England u20s.would be good next to Thorne imo 

35 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No relatively recently, about a month ago...

Doesn't he only have a year left on his contract? No way anybody would pay anywhere near £15million. Can't even see it being near 10 million

I can only assume that Jota's one year extension, was similar to Will's recent extension. Two-pronged: To keep them with the club a little longer, but not standing in their way should a Premiership/lucrative offer come their way. And should such an offer materialise the respective clubs would be well rewarded in terms of transfer fee. A la Will's reduced (in the eyes of many) final fee, it's difficult to call Jota's valuation and whether he's only looking for a Premiership exit. 

I hope that an upper better funded and wage-paying Championship club like ourselves may be the best option all round as the egg-timer empties.... IMO he's the most influential midfielder in our division. Not confident of getting him, or even if he's on our radar, but I'd love to think he's our stellar replacement. Pleeeeease..... 

5 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I reckon he's having people on with that. 

That's what I thought so hence sharing this pic. I know he's a DM and the guy said central attacking midfielder though lol. :lol: so will see anyway. 

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Highly rated at saints would be a good pull. Starting to look a little bloated at CM again though especially if we're planning on pushing some youth through, one more to be sold possibly? 

Bloated? Thorne, butters, johno and Bryson. There the only ones I'd class as first teamers. Thornes coming off the back of 15 months out. I don't look at the other three and think wow what a great midfield. Seriously need another midfielder if not 2. A proper DM and a CAM needed imo

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Bloated? Thorne, butters, johno and Bryson. There the only ones I'd class as first teamers. Thornes coming off the back of 15 months out. I don't look at the other three and think wow what a great midfield. Seriously need another midfielder if not 2. A proper DM and a CAM needed imo

Good points, either one of our younger ones need to step up or we bring a younger one in

Archived