Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think spaghetti carbanari is on the wind up.

Yeah I think you're right. 

You do realise that Whelan is decent player and is like Eustace type. Don't see the issues about that and we do need a DM though.

10 minutes ago, Spaghetti Carbonari said:

You do realise he's going to villa ........

Yes I'm aware of that and still a decent player. 

1 hour ago, Spaghetti Carbonari said:

Seeing Che in the hotel tonight all makes sense...

- Rowett connection

- Local ties - Ilkeston Town 

- Replacement for ince and much needed pace

- An investment for Morris, who knows what he could be worth if he starts to fulfill his potential........

where did people see him? cant seem to find anything on this

When I wake up I instantly check to see if any news on transfers and then spend any spare minutes during the working day refreshing for news ....is this normal?..

i remember the good old days when you'd find out about a  transfer by looking at the back page of the newspaper the first page I'd always read...usually the sun on the way to work in the van ....the one I remember vividly is ....DEANO JOINS  RAMS for 1million in bold letters across the sun.....really made my day !!! ?? What an impact signing that was ??

4 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

where did people see him? cant seem to find anything on this

I,ve heard we,ve been linked with him before I didn't,t go to brum away due to work is he any good ??

6 hours ago, Saity said:

I,ve heard we,ve been linked with him before I didn't,t go to brum away due to work is he any good ??

He's one of those "got potential" players. There's obvious ability, in a lacklustre Brum side last season he stuck out as the player actually trying to do something in the opposition half. With young player, stats won't tell the whole story (look at our Will and his goals)

If the price is right he could be a good signing, but I have no idea how Gary is going to move on 3 of our attackers (preferably not anymore starters), as we're already over subscribed.

Seems a bit flat at the minute regarding transfers. We've sold our top scorer from last season and arguably our most exciting player to watch. We've sold our most technically gifted player to come through the academy in years. Potentially sold the best right back in the championship (self proclaimed) and the fastest thing on 2 legs since road runner was on the telly(about as good at football too!). 

So we've got around £15 mil up front if the rumours of Christies touted figure are true.

the defence has been significantly improved with Davies and Wisdom. Strength, power and defensive ability far superior to their predecessors.

i really hope we are looking at younger hungry players like rowett alluded to and from the rumours I think Irvine, che adams and Watkins would tick all the boxes and also have the potential to develop and increase in value. IF we spent less than £12 mil for these three it would equate to £15 mil total outlay. The same as what we spent.

good business?

Not worried. it's nice to not go on a shopping spree and then say.. "Oh wish we brought him" when we rushed to sign someone in the same position for twice as much.

Saying that I hope they get business completed by mid August. Otherwise panic buying will come into play..

With Middlesbrough buying Howson they now have a few midfielders. They will have Howson, Clayton, de Roon, Guedioura, Forshaw and Leadbitter. I think if we are after Glenn Whelan and his wages are too high or he chooses VIlla then Leadbitter would be a good shout.

20 minutes ago, Dannyboz1884 said:

With Middlesbrough buying Howson they now have a few midfielders. They will have Howson, Clayton, de Roon, Guedioura, Forshaw and Leadbitter. I think if we are after Glenn Whelan and his wages are too high or he chooses VIlla then Leadbitter would be a good shout.

I think De Roon is leaving if offers comes in. 

Archived