Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rample said:

Problem in that scenario is Ince doesn't get properly replaced by a senior player who will contribute near to what he did.

I suspect Russell and whoever we deem has more experience/ fits the system/performs best in training from Vydra, Bennett, Weimann or Blackman starts and Watkins is initially an impact player at best.

I'm kind of pro Watkins if he's seen as good enough by people more familiar than me, but only at a sensible price. £2m max and hefty add ons if he lives up to his potential. A large fee means it isn't a Jacobs or whoever we've had in the past cheap gamble, it's the fee we should be getting a first team improver for.  We're not in a position to overpay for anyone who isn't capable of hitting the ground running this season.

Very true, and it is promising to hear Rowett's comments about a very high quality replacement. But given the absence of Hughes, Ince, Hendrick - and potentially Christie - we'll lack any of the young exciting talent we saw in McClarens first two seasons. 

Bar Lowe - who I hope steps up to be an injury free first team regular next year - there is no substance for the future. No blooded youth players. Watkins and Irvine would add some of that back. 

For the record though, I too would prefer Jota as his replacement. Absolutely quality player.

5 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

Very true, and it is promising to hear Rowett's comments about a very high quality replacement. But given the absence of Hughes, Ince, Hendrick - and potentially Christie - we'll lack any of the young exciting talent we saw in McClarens first two seasons. 

Bar Lowe - who I hope steps up to be an injury free first team regular next year - there is no substance for the future. No blooded youth players. Watkins and Irvine would add some of that back. 

For the record though, I too would prefer Jota as his replacement. Absolutely quality player.

I agree with Jota being absolute quality but the one I'd really like is Tom Lawrence from Leicester who was superb on loan to Ipswich last season.

11 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I agree with Jota being absolute quality but the one I'd really like is Tom Lawrence from Leicester who was superb on loan to Ipswich last season.

"...with the Foxes believed to want at least £10 million for a player who impressed on loan at Ipswich Town last season." Seems a bit pricey for one good season in this league. Maybe at £5m.

If Keogh does go Sverrir Ingason of Granada has a £2.3 million release clause in his contract. Balanced, athletic centre half, senior international for Iceland and only 23 years of age. Only problem is Huddersfield and Leeds are both after him, but he seems happy to play in the Championship. Threat in the air too.

20 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

"...with the Foxes believed to want at least £10 million for a player who impressed on loan at Ipswich Town last season." Seems a bit pricey for one good season in this league. Maybe at £5m.

If Keogh does go Sverrir Ingason of Granada has a £2.3 million release clause in his contract. Balanced, athletic centre half, senior international for Iceland and only 23 years of age. Only problem is Huddersfield and Leeds are both after him, but he seems happy to play in the Championship. Threat in the air too.

£10m for a player at a Premiership club seems par for the course these days unfortunately.Having said that,I think the funds from Hughes and Ince sales should cover it.He's highly rated from what I read and wouldn't even have to move house! If we could get him in I'd be delighted,preferably as a signing,not a loan.As for the other player,he sounds decent but Rowett has already stated he wants to increase his attacking options and they don't come cheap.And the transfer window opens tomorrow!!

Bit of a long shot...

Pozo was tipped to be the next big thing at Man City, he even played at PP against our u21s. His career fell foul to an injury but he's had a good season at Almeria. 

Felix Kroos instead of a Glenn Whelan, he wins the ball and lays it off, and has the ability to grab a midfield by the scruff of its necks. 

Ryan Ledson, previously mentioned on here. Fantastic attitude for wanting first team opportunities, wins the ball, lays it off.

6 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Opened 9th June as already stated, argued and proven many times on this very forum.

Can't trust anything these days!

" When does the transfer window open in England?

Clubs will already have started doing their business and looking ahead to next season, releasing players and making signings. But the 2017 summer window officially opens on July 1.

The 2017 Confederations Cup takes place from June 17-July 2 [with Russia, New Zealand, Portugal, Mexico, Cameroon, Chile, Australia and Germany taking part], but that is the only international tournament taking place, allowing most players to rest up and secure transfers earlier in the off-season.

When does the summer transfer window close?

Deadline Day will take place on August 31, closing at 11pm and talkSPORT will have all the biggest moves covered throughout the day."

7 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Clubs will already have started doing their business and looking ahead to next season, releasing players and making signings. But the 2017 summer window officially opens on July 1.

The 2017 Confederations Cup takes place from June 17-July 2 [with Russia, New Zealand, Portugal, Mexico, Cameroon, Chile, Australia and Germany taking part], but that is the only international tournament taking place, allowing most players to rest up and secure transfers earlier in the off-season.

Deadline Day will take place on August 31, closing at 11pm and talkSPORT will have all the biggest moves covered throughout the day."

There's your problem :lol:

8 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Read the link above that DEL put on mate. How else did we sign Davies and Watford sign Hughes?

Archived