Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

They're nothing a like. Roberts is a fast & tricky winger. 

Always difficult to tell how good players are that play in Scotland. I see Anthony Stokes has just returned to Hibs where he scored goals for fun as well as his time at Celtic. That after 70 appearances in England and the 5 goals....

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

was about to mention him myself but not sure if it's realistic?

You're right, Patrick Roberts is completely unrealistic. He's been targeted by Premier League and Bundesliga teams, as well as Celtic. 

12 hours ago, richinspain said:

I mentioned him a couple of weeks ago, surely we can pip manure to his signing!

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/bolt-waiting-mourinhos-call-join-man-united

Manchester United fan Usain Bolt is dreaming of Jose Mourinho and Old Trafford ahead of his track and field swansong.

Sprint star Usain Bolt is waiting for a call from Jose Mourinho to join his beloved Manchester United before the transfer window shuts.

Bolt is preparing for life after athletics as he gears up for his final meet – the IAAF World Championships in London.

And the 30-year-old Jamaican – an eight-time Olympic gold medallist and avid United fan – is dreaming of Mourinho and Old Trafford ahead of his track and field swansong.

"Everyone knows I'm always talking about [playing] football, I'm waiting on a call from Mourinho," Bolt said.

"I think he's waiting until the last day [of the transfer window]."

The World Championships get underway at the Olympic Stadium in London on Friday.

:ph34r:

Our fans would still moan about him not having enough pace :ph34r:.

7 hours ago, ramsputen said:

Just read D.Gray possibly going to Bournemouth from leicester wonder if we can get Jordan Ibe.

I'd take Ojo over Ibe every day. Ibe has flopped at Bournemouth and you have to be pretty average not to do well there with all the overachieving that goes on. Ibe is the past, Ojo the future, and that's the thoughts of Liverpool too no doubt.

Rare that I make a suggestion but with Lawrence looking increasingly unlikely, and Ollie Watkins already gone elsewhere what about Josh Morris from Scunthorpe?

Plays Left Wing

Can cover Left Back

Is 25 years of age

Scored 20 goals last season

Had 19 assists as well

So that's 39 he's scored or laid on.  We only scored 54 in the league altogether!

Can score from the penalty spot

Ok he's only had one breakthrough season, but he's the same age as Tom Lawrence and that's all the 10m rated man has done.  With Scunthorpe having a new stadium to pay for he shouldn't cost more than a Barker or two.

And finally as I've never seen him play, other than a highlights reel, I'm convinced he's the answer.

7 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Rare that I make a suggestion but with Lawrence looking increasingly unlikely, and Ollie Watkins already gone elsewhere what about Josh Morris from Scunthorpe?

Plays Left Wing

Can cover Left Back

Is 25 years of age

Had 19 assists as well

So that's 39 he's scored or laid on.  We only scored 54 in the league altogether!

Ok he's only had one breakthrough season, but he's the same age as Tom Lawrence and that's all the 10m rated man has done.  With Scunthorpe having a new stadium to pay for he shouldn't cost more than a Barker or two.

And finally as I've never seen him play, other than a highlights reel, I'm convinced he's the answer.

Morris is 26 next month,Lawrence is 23.

Lawrence has proven he can do it in the Championship ,our level.

Rowett has said he'll only sign players he's actually watched,thankfully!If you're " convinced he's the answer" it must have been a silly question!

45 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Morris is 26 next month,Lawrence is 23.

Lawrence has proven he can do it in the Championship ,our level.

Rowett has said he'll only sign players he's actually watched,thankfully!If you're " convinced he's the answer" it must have been a silly question!

Lawrence has proved he can deliver as a big fish in a small pond at Ipswich.  He's not proven he can do it year in year out either.  He's hell of a gamble at £7m+ IMO.  Got to say that Morris would be a gamble too, but not one that put's all are eggs in one basket.

Anyway it's a suggestion thread and Morris was a suggestion.

I'll also remember to add an emoji to emphasize parts of my post that may be tongue in cheek :D

25 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

He's hell of a gamble at £7m+ IMO

I'd be okay with it at £7m - It's if we made him our record signing I'd worry - Vydra had a better track record before he signed for us

Still think we should be looking at Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc - Preston signed Josh Harrop from Man Utd for next to nothing and I think he's going to turn out to be a very shrewd signing

Think there's a much better chance of getting a quality player if you sign them from a quality side - And just because they aren't considered good enough to break into a champions league challenging side doesn't mean they're terrible

7 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Plays Left Wing

Can cover Left Back

Is 25 years of age

Had 19 assists as well

@EastHertsRam may have some very interesting news for you regarding "The Scunny Messi"...

#ITK

Archived