Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

22 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I was rather hoping for news of a surprising new transfer story in the papers today but not so.

Shame. The Twitter Boys will be getting out of bed in the next couple of hours though. No doubt they will have some exciting news :whistle:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need something, we are in big trouble if we 'go with what we have got' until the end of August. 

Defensively we look sound, our central midfield options look good, especially with the tank that is Huddlestone and we have an embarrassment of riches with Martin/Nugent/Vydra, but it counts for sod all without anyone on the wings, the same issue for the last couple of seasons.

I can see August following a similar pattern than last August in terms of results at the minute.

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We need something, we are in big trouble if we 'go with what we have got' until the end of August. 

Defensively we look sound, our central midfield options look good, especially with the tank that is Huddlestone and we have an embarrassment of riches with Martin/Nugent/Vydra, but it counts for sod all without anyone on the wings, the same issue for the last couple of seasons.

I can see August following a similar pattern than last August in terms of results at the minute.

I think you contradicted yourself a bit there? Anyway we are very decent currently with a month to go for any transfers and as for last seasons transfer window it put the nail in our seasons coffin which Pearson had hand carved 

54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I actually think a creative midfielder with some pace and energy to play alongside Hudders and Bradders is probably more of a priority for me......

This, couldn't agree more. A winger required but the midfield isn't good enough. Hudds, Johnson and Thorne are fine, the others not so.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I actually think a creative midfielder with some pace and energy to play alongside Hudders and Bradders is probably more of a priority for me......

Yes your probably right wouldn't mind both mate 

Don't know if it's been mentioned already on here, could we look at Sam Clucas at Hull? Good player, winger which is what we need, also very versatile and can play about 5 or 6 different positions to a decent standard.

Knowing Hull he probably has a 5 pound buy out clause 

6 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned already on here, could we look at Sam Clucas at Hull? Good player, winger which is what we need, also very versatile and can play about 5 or 6 different positions to a decent standard.

Thought he had signed for someone else, or someone had put a bid in for him, prem team I think...

26 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Good call. He could give us a boost of energy and aid our promotion push that Clucas fella. ;)

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Steady on there! A bit too dramatic methinks.

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

Steady on there! A bit too dramatic methinks.

Upon reading it back you are correct, far to dramatic.

As we stand we are miles ahead of any team that took to the field since we were relegated back in the early 00's.

The only issue is this division is now far more competitive. 

At least 1 quality winger is needed to give us a chance of top 6, imo.

54 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Upon reading it back you are correct, far to dramatic.

As we stand we are miles ahead of any team that took to the field since we were relegated back in the early 00's.

The only issue is this division is now far more competitive. 

At least 1 quality winger is needed to give us a chance of top 6, imo.

Totally agree! I think we need a quick,tricky winger and a tad more creativity from midfield .Russell and Weimann are both triers but not "natural" wingers and,like many others,I think Butterfield and Bryson aren't the answer in midfield.I'm not going to rubbish Butterfield ,as there's plenty of others who'll do that ,but I just don't understand where the former Huddersfield player of the year's gone?! I think there'll definitely be some more incomings before the end of August but the suspense is keeping us all going ?

20 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

preston fan reckons they've been linked with Alex Pearce, didn't know where to put it?

I'd sell him ASAP but I think Preston fan is fishing, also we'd have no centre back as cover though. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Andre Wisdom and possibly Big Tom. Although Id be reluctant to move either from their current positions. 

Maybe Baird cover for CB then Hanson or Anya cover for RB? 

Archived