Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10:23

ALL'S WELL, FOR NOW?

Huddersfield Town head coach David Wagner has confirmed the club have not received any bids for striker Nahki Wells, but they will listen to any serious offers for the player.

There has been speculation that Reading have made an offer for the Bermuda international, who is into the final year of his contract.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Must be why he was a 1 in 2 man 2 seasons running for Blackburn.

He's a strange one! 33 goals in 66 games for Blackburn,as you say,but 9 goals in 50 for Villa .Perhaps the service at Blackburn was better? I'd rather take Sam Gallagher from Southampton on loan.Real handful against us last season.

Just now, rcarso1 said:

He's a strange one! 33 goals in 66 games for Blackburn,as you say,but 9 goals in 50 for Villa .Perhaps the service at Blackburn was better? I'd rather take Sam Gallagher from Southampton on loan.Real handful against us last season.

A lot of his time with Villa was in the Premier League though so we don't need to worry about that.

Just now, YouRams said:

Go on? A lot of Derby fans wanted us to take a punt on him before he went to Wigan so why not now? Was never going to set the world alight in that team.

Good point to be fair. I'd be happy with him as back up because Nugent isn't the best out and out striker that we have available. Would take him to play infront of Nugent as back up for Martin. 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

Good point to be fair. I'd be happy with him as back up because Nugent isn't the best out and out striker that we have available. Would take him to play infront of Nugent as back up for Martin. 

They were my thoughts struggling to see the funny side :lol:. Martins record was dross before he joined us, I don't get how people are so quick to write players off.

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Go on? A lot of Derby fans wanted us to take a punt on him before he went to Wigan so why not now? Was never going to set the world alight in that team.

A lot of people want us to take a punt on a good many under-talented players just because they seem to think finding the next Jamie Vardy is just a matter of randomly plucking someone from the lower leagues

He looked impeccably average in a poor Wigan side - He would in no way be an improvement on what we already have - And is not in the same calibre of players we've signed so far or have been strongly linked with

If he was even close to good enough to improve us then he wouldn't be at Wigan - And he wouldn't be linked with QPR, Ipswich and Peterborough - He'd be linked with people at the top end of the league

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

A lot of people want us to take a punt on a good many under-talented players just because they seem to think finding the next Jamie Vardy is just a matter of randomly plucking someone from the lower leagues

He looked impeccably average in a poor Wigan side - He would in no way be an improvement on what we already have - And is not in the same calibre of players we've signed so far or have been strongly linked with

If he was even close to good enough to improve us then he wouldn't be at Wigan - And he wouldn't be linked with QPR, Ipswich and Peterborough - He'd be linked with people at the top end of the league

From the little I've seen of him I think he'd be a good addition for bringing off the bench / back up striker, we don't have anybody similar that's strong and can hold a ball up to see out a game, especially if Martin either picks up a knock or is looking a bit leggy. We've seen over the past few seasons what happens if we cant hold the ball up the top end (although we should be stronger at the back this season).

And I think that's slightly disrespectful to the likes of Ipswich who managed to spot Lawrence's potential last season and who Derby fans are now raving about.

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

From the little I've seen of him I think he'd be a good addition for bringing off the bench / back up striker, we don't have anybody similar that's strong and can hold a ball up to see out a game, especially if Martin either picks up a knock or is looking a bit leggy. We've seen over the past few seasons what happens if we cant hold the ball up the top end (although we should be stronger at the back this season).

And I think that's slightly disrespectful to the likes of Ipswich who managed to spot Lawrence's potential last season and who Derby fans are now raving about.

From the games at the end of last season and the pre-season ones I don't think we are going to be relying on hold up play as much - You can as effectively see out a game by whacking it into the corner for Nugent/Russell/Weimann to chase - And harry the defenders - I think it looks like Rowett is working a couple of systems so we can adapt to whoever best suits a match

They took a punt last season on a loanee from the PL - And it paid off - He hadn't been overly impressive before that - And Bogle could well be an improvement for Ipswich - I don't think he would be for us

4 hours ago, YouRams said:

From the little I've seen of him I think he'd be a good addition for bringing off the bench / back up striker

2 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Bogle - providing he's a cheap backup for Martin.

Guys - We (and Rowett) keep talking about giving the u-23s a chance - And the fact that we've already got a squad which is too big

Why would we buy another backup player?

Archived