Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SFox1993 said:

I presume he has already been mentioned but id try and get Patrick Roberts on loan , i know the SPL is seen as not as good as English football by some but the lad looks to have real talent.I would be very surprised to see him anywhere near the Man City bench so might be worth a punt.

Reckon the attraction with Celtic would be Champions League - if he did well then it opens up many possibilities for the lad. Looks a good player

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Reckon the attraction with Celtic would be Champions League - if he did well then it opens up many possibilities for the lad. Looks a good player

He's already won the Champions League back to back with Derby on my Football Manager game.

Scored two in the final against Barcelona as well.

I say sign him up :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Quite possibly , i guess i just think itd be better for him to prove himself in the english game albeit not the top flight

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Nigel didn't finish any higher than 10th - In the last 4 seasons we've gone 3rd, 8th, 6th, 9th - Not sure how you make Clough's team our best in 10 years

Picking up talent from the lower leagues is fine if you want to aim for 10th - If you want to aim for 1st you need genuine, proven quality at this level or above - Which we currently have - We don't need someone to come in and be our 4th choice winger - We need someone who will come in and be the best winger in the whole league, never mind just our squad

If both performed for us how they have been doing for the past 2 seasons I am pretty sure they would be 1st choice not 4th. Just because someone plays in the lower leagues doesn't mean they can't shine in a better team, would probably Excel further with better players around them. N Nigel managed to create a good team whilst getting rid of Deadwood on a shoe string, like managing with your hands tied. My point was spending loads on players doesn't always mean success, just look at Huddersfield last year they had the same budget as Rotherham.

Why arent we a club who Gamble's on lower league talent, rather than waiting and offering large fees a year later. Both players will probably be picked up cheaply by someone else and then sold to a club like us for £10m after 1 good season.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Jack Colback set to be left out of Newcastle's 25 man squad. 

Not sure what his wages are like (probably ridiculous) but he could be a useful addition in that enforcer role next to Huddlestone.

Tidy and hard working but not that creative.We're crying out for a " Matty James" type in midfield and a pacy,goal scoring winger.Come on Gary,22 days and counting!!?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Surely you'd rather he went out on loan?

If he leaves for good you'll have nothing left to talk about :ph34r:

If he leaves for good then we'll not talk about him ever again. :)

47 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

My point was spending loads on players doesn't always mean success, just look at Huddersfield last year they had the same budget as Rotherham.

Why arent we a club who Gamble's on lower league talent, rather than waiting and offering large fees a year later.

My point is you have a MUCH better chance of getting genuine talent if they've been spotted and trained at a top club - Ince was trained at Liverpool

We need the next Tom Ince - Not the next Michael Jacobs

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

My point is you have a MUCH better chance of getting genuine talent if they've been spotted and trained at a top club - Ince was trained at Liverpool

We need the next Tom Ince - Not the next Michael Jacobs

or maybe kept him...11 million doesn't look much as things stand....

1 minute ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Also a MUCH higher risk due to the MUCH Larger fees 

Risk and reward, hopeless buying a 500k player knowing that he's gonna be a 500k player- cause he ain't gonna be good enough. We need to pay for 10 million players- and they'll cost that much, some will succeed and some don't, but you ain't gonna get the players without risk.

15 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Risk and reward, hopeless buying a 500k player knowing that he's gonna be a 500k player- cause he ain't gonna be good enough. We need to pay for 10 million players- and they'll cost that much, some will succeed and some don't, but you ain't gonna get the players without risk.

Martin?

Carson?

Bryson?

Christie (now sold for over £2 million)?

Forsyth?

Curtis Davies?

15 hours ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Also a MUCH higher risk due to the MUCH Larger fees 

Okay then - You think it's more of a risk - Out of the players we signed under Clough - How many are playing in a top 6 championship side or in the Premier League?

Since 14/15 when we started spending big on players the only real 'miss' we've had is Camara (who know on Blackman yet) and even he would probably have got into most mid-table championship sides (QPR wanted him I think)

Just from 12/13 alone we can go with Jacobs, O'Connor, Sammon and Freeman - Who were perfectly good enough to finish 10th - But nowhere near good enough to challenge for promotion

You stay in the championship and finish mid-table if you like - I want to see us in the Premier League - And for that we need to risk serious money trying to find serious players

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

Rowett said plenty of bids in let's hope we can get some done 

Plenty of time then. Transfer close on 31st August 2017 23.00pm. 

58 minutes ago, Topram said:

Wonder who the bids are in for 

Romario. :D

Tom Lawrence hopefully. Nicholson did say that there is two players that have not been mentioned? 

Archived