Pearce 5m

Hughes 15m

Johnson 5m

Bryson 5m

Martin 10m

Russell 5m

Ince erm... 35m.

See? 100m.

Hard to make the numbers add up relatively feasibly but for a bit of fun I had a go.

Carson 6m

Christie 8m

Keogh 10m

Pearce 7m

Lowe 6m

Johnson 7m

Hughes 18m

Bryson 4m

Ince 15m

Russell 7m

Martin 12m

=100m dead on :lol:

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Hard to make the numbers add up relatively feasibly but for a bit of fun I had a go.

Carson 6m

Christie 8m

Keogh 10m

Pearce 7m

Lowe 6m

Johnson 7m

Hughes 18m

Bryson 4m

Ince 15m

Russell 7m

Martin 12m

=100m dead on :lol:

Bloody cheap for Martin!

Thank god we have not spent crazy money this window, absolute shocking some of the fees paid in champ. And to think Newcastle offered £8m for Ince they must have been having a laugh. Wildshut rising to £12m!!!! Hughes and Ince must be worth at least £20m each if thats the going rate

• 3 weeks later...

WIldschut already dubbed Wildshit by the Norwich fans who seem pretty underwhelmed with their new £7 million signing. Bullet dodged, I reckon. Obviously results only don't give us the full picture but Landsbury and Hourihane don't seem to have sparked a major surge up the table for Villa either. Could it be that for once we stood our ground and didn't simply shell out irrespective of price and value?

8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

WIldschut already dubbed Wildshit by the Norwich fans who seem pretty underwhelmed with their new £7 million signing. Bullet dodged, I reckon. Obviously results only don't give us the full picture but Landsbury and Hourihane don't seem to have sparked a major surge up the table for Villa either. Could it be that for once we stood our ground and didn't simply shell out irrespective of price and value?

Just goes to show that alot of our experts who judge a player on one match they watch on Sky, and say our recruitment team is sh1te, sometimes get it wrong.

At least Bogle scored 2 goals to keep them chirping for a while...

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

Funny you should say that ,had a day out at the Burton game yesterday and someone close to the club [Derby] said as much .Apparently we would only go so far with bids for Lansbury ,Wildschut and another whose name escapes me [had been drinking].

Allegedly SM told Mel that they were over priced and to let them go ,good shout if true. £25m was the figure quoted as the amount to spend .

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

Think it also demonstrates how January signings very rarely make a real difference.

It's hard to genuinely improve your team in a chaotic month half-way through the season, and it's even harder to do it without paying over the odds.

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Funny you should say that ,had a day out at the Burton game yesterday and someone close to the club [Derby] said as much .Apparently we would only go so far with bids for Lansbury ,Wildschut and another whose name escapes me [had been drinking].

Allegedly SM told Mel that they were over priced and to let them go ,good shout if true. £25m was the figure quoted as the amount to spend .

25 million to spend? That's some transfer budget if true.

Archived