Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I think it has less to do with saving money and more to do with having people you can trust and having someone who "gets" what the club want to do. We have money, so if there was an opportunity to invest further in scouting, we'd do it. We had Rob McKenzie and by all accounts that was disastrous. Jamie Johnson didn't last very long here at all and he was renowned as one of the best young talents in scouting, learned from the best.

Meanwhile, Nigel Clough hired his brother and together they assembled the best squad of players at this club since the turn of the millennium.

Thats debatable, he certainly did very well. I personally would say what george burley did with even more financial restrictions and less time was better. Sadly the foundations laid by burley were not built upon.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Gray was 2 years ago 

Hogan of today from Brentford who has gone to Villa for 12 Million today .

Inflation ! 

Thats a hell of a lot of inflation :)

Just now, curtains said:

Gray was 2 years ago .

Hogan of today from Brentford who has gone to Villa for 12 Million today 

Villa spent over £20 million on McCormack and Kodjia at the start of this season (2 proven top Championship strikers) and they've scored just one goal more than us. But yeah, I like your idea, chuck £7 million at a player who's scored 4 goals in the league this season, that'll definitely guarantee success.

We always miss out because of seeing a player as too expensive or too much of a gamble then someone plays 1 million more and laughs at us come the end of the season , and you can't use vydra as an example of this because he weren't attracting offers from several clubs like the ones we've missed

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

We always miss out because of seeing a player as too expensive or too much of a gamble then someone plays 1 million more and laughs at us come the end of the season , and you can't use vydra as an example of this because he weren't attracting offers from several clubs like the ones we've missed

We gambled on Blackman by outbidding Sheff Wednesday, how has that worked out so far? Villa gambled on McCormack and we saw him as too expensive, how did that work out for them?

There's hundreds of examples of teams gambling on players and it paying off, but there's also hundreds of examples of teams such as ourselves gambling on someone and it not working out. 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

We gambled on Blackman by outbidding Sheff Wednesday, how has that worked out so far? Villa gambled on McCormack and we saw him as too expensive, how did that work out for them?

There's hundreds of examples of teams gambling on players and it paying off, but there's also hundreds of examples of teams such as ourselves gambling on someone and it not working out. 

How long have we been stuck in the Championship?

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Top 6 no chance now. 

Step away from the razor blades, sit back and just enjoy the ride. If we get top 6 after the start to the season we had it will be a very good season. If we mias out then we miss out.

I am glad we aren't bending over and dropping our trousers to everyone when they tell us how much they want. I rather us miss out on expensive players that aren't much better, if at all, than what we have already.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Blackman was 3m i'm talking big money signings , and the reason McCormack isn't working is the rest of the players around him because it's not like anyone is consistently scoring in the villa side even with there stupid spending , I'm not saying they all pay off but I'm saying every player we've been outbid on in the last 2-3 years has gone on to haunt us in some way 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Gray had scored lots of goals at every level he's played at whereas Wildschut's top scoring season in his whole career was 7 goals.

When you watch a footballer and you have experience you just know if they are any good or not. 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Think you talk the most sense on this whole board mate. Very reasoned every time, keep it up mate

Archived