Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

1 minute ago, curtains said:

You are kidding right. 

He will hardly play we have been done with this transfer. 

How much was Nugent 

3 Million ! At 31 going on 32. 

Why will he hardly play? Mac rates him and bought him so he will play. Plus he always scores and creates goals in this league. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, curtains said:

You are kidding right. 

He will hardly play we have been done with this transfer. 

How much was Nugent 

3 Million ! At 31 going on 32. 

Bent out of contract soonish, no Martin back til the end of the season, Vydra not having much luck... and Nugent won't play? Gotcha.

Everything is a calculated risk but that is what the club pay their scouts for to reduce that risk.

For every 3 small money risks you may just find 1 gem. Even the 2 who don't make it with us we may be still be able to sell them on for a small profit

We do appear to be risk adverse and nearly always trying to buy the finished article which then obviously cost alot more.

The quality, skills and continuity of our scouting system is vital in providing the manager with all of the tools to do his job effectively

3 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

£7m for wildschut seems too expensive! I'm glad we haven't paid that much for him.  Id agree with the article though we haven't scored enough.... yet....

Remember Andre Gray well now its Yanik Wildschut.

Derby never gamble anymore other than on old hasbeens like Nugent. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/31/do-missed-opportunity-profligate-derby-county-miss-out-on-yanic/

49 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It pays for competent scouts i.e: you could pay your son to do the scouting, or go out and hire one of the best scouts in the game and pay him a decent wage..you could also hire more than one competent scout for example.

I remember when we had Simon Hunt in, now there was a scout!

I think it has less to do with saving money and more to do with having people you can trust and having someone who "gets" what the club want to do. We have money, so if there was an opportunity to invest further in scouting, we'd do it. We had Rob McKenzie and by all accounts that was disastrous. Jamie Johnson didn't last very long here at all and he was renowned as one of the best young talents in scouting, learned from the best.

Meanwhile, Nigel Clough hired his brother and together they assembled the best squad of players at this club since the turn of the millennium.

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

Where will the goals come from now !

Derby are so complacent .

So many regrets with this I hope fans favourite Russell actually starts scoring  .

Fat chance and no chance IMO  

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/31/do-missed-opportunity-profligate-derby-county-miss-out-on-yanic/

Yes what will do now we have not signed a player who has scored 5 goals this season, 17 in 3 season, which includes a year in league 1, for £7m yes 7 million pounds. I mean how will we cope without him? ?

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Remember Andre Gray well now its Yanik Wildschut.

Derby never gamble anymore other than on old hasbeens like Nugent. 

This isn't the 1970s when players hung up their boots at 32, or went and walked about in the lower leagues for a couple of years.  31/32 is nothing today. Plenty of players older than that playing at the highest level.  

I agree with others who've said it too; every transfer is a gamble to one degree or another.  

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Yes what will do now we have not signed a player who has scored 5 goals this season, 17 in 3 season, which includes a year in league 1, for £7m yes 7 million pounds. I mean how will we cope without him? ?

We don't cope anyway we can't score goals. 

Andre Gray scores goals. 

The Dutch lad will you just watch. 

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

This isn't the 1970s when players hung up their boots at 32, or went and walked about in the lower leagues for a couple of years.  31/32 is nothing today. Plenty of players older than that playing at the highest level.  

I agree with others who've said it too; every transfer is a gamble to one degree or another.  

Nugent relies on pace and staying fit .

I await his contributions with interest 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Nugent relies on pace and staying fit .

I await his contributions with interest 

I agree with curtains, we need to be looking at strikers who can score goals while injured and slow.

Andre Grey is another who relies on pace and fitness, one broken leg and he's done.

Archived