Ipswich Town v Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win tonight, and a clean sheet, sets us up for Newcastle nicely  now, thinking we will get a 1 1 draw, so nice to see Bryson back in form, that's 3 games now that he has been back to his best, and Ince scored another cracking goal tonight, Mac really does get the best out of him.

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Quick edit to that particular tune gives us something like the following...

We don’t need no Yanic Wildshut,
We don’t need no Jordan Rhodes,
No Henri Lansbury in our midfield,
Hey, Pearson, leave our team alone….

We don’t need no Yanic Wildshut,
We don’t need no Jordan Rhodes,
No Henri Lansbury in our midfield,
Hey, Pearson, leave Mar-tin alone...

What an immense night out. Actually went home feeling disappointed not to have scored five. 

Met countless fellow Rams fans from Suffolk, had nine pints, a curry, witnessed Camara's best game for us and am looking forward to going to work this morning! 

Top result, arguably about as perfect as an away and performance as you're likely to see.

Mac continually talks about starting quickly, setting the tone etc well tonight we absolutely blew them away. 

Ipswich look poor, but make no mistake the first 20 minutes created that panic. Other than Lawrence, no-one wanted to ball due to our high pressing (led by Bryson who was relentless and Ince who didn't stop). 

Special praise for Camara who had his full back on toast and got more and more confident. I was concerned when Russell wasn't on the team sheet but Camara has arguably earnt the shirt now. 

Also to the supporters, consistent individual chants for players and boy they responded, proper support when Ipswich had a spell.  Loved the pumped up Alex Pearce at the end, loving it.

I have no idea how it wasn't 0-5, but let's not dwell on that! 

Just seen the highlights, that was some goal by Ince- and that's not even counting the ball before it! Absolutely quality performance against an admittedly weak Ipswich side, but we made sure we didn't slip up and got a win where I'm frankly never confident of doing so at Portman road. Gotta add just the impact SM has had on Ince, he was involved in pretty much every move on those highlights in one way or another, it's not just the goals it's the general play with others as well, he's become a real talisman under mcclaren- Cannot believe that the ostrich left him on the bench!

7 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Was talking about the Golden wonder ( will hughes ) mr sideways pass not Martin.

I don't think I can dignify that with a response as it must be wummery, but I can't ignore it so I'll say this. If you really think Hughes is over rated and a sideways passer you know nothing about modern day football...

19 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Was talking about the Golden wonder ( will hughes ) mr sideways pass not Martin.

The blonde lad who's second only to Ince in chances created? The lad who got an assist in our last game who when he went off we completely caved in midfield?

The lad that came on against Leeds and did more in the first 10 minutes than any midfielder in 90? 

Didn't he score against Reading the other day and also win the ball for Ince's goal? And in another charge forward get their player sent off?

The fella who passes sideways about 18% of his passes? 

You know when he's spinning through challenges and turning defence into attack, is that when the "notts" in NottsRammy is engaged.

More haters on this forum than ever before.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I don't think I can dignify that with a response as it must be wummery, but I can't ignore it so I'll say this. If you really think Hughes is over rated and a sideways passer you know nothing about modern day football...

Hughes was stunning against foxes in the cup , he is real quality ,,,,, noticed Mac said of ince something along the lines of him being premiership player with us or without us? Hoping ince is not playing out of his skin to earn a move because Martin has been pulled back into the fold ?    Enough conspiracy theory Derby implode nagging worries for now on a very good night for us ,,,,,, there is a squad at Derby that if Mac can organise and fire up are easily capable of play offs and in them who knows ,,,,,, I'm gonna focus on that 

Archived