Ipswich Town v Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I found interesting about last night was the stats. According to Sky we had 42% possession and only 66% pass completion, which on its own is a shocking stat. But by all accounts we completely bossed the game. It's almost like we gave up the ball on purpose so we could press and hit on the counter. Was that not too far off the truth?

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Something I found interesting about last night was the stats. According to Sky we had 42% possession and only 66% pass completion, which on its own is a shocking stat. But by all accounts we completely bossed the game. It's almost like we gave up the ball on purpose so we could press and hit on the counter. Was that not too far off the truth?

I wasn't there so can't comment about last night but its definite that we are playing differently this time under Mac. Far less possession based much more counter attacking and if necessary using an accurate longer ball. Whether that changes with key personnel back (Martin & Thorne) I don't know but its pretty effective at the moment.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Sure you're not referring to his own goal against Leicester? 

Mistakes by one player happen. From the corner until Bents goal was just concentrated awful defending. 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Saw highlights and behind Darren one defender was on the ground and another was appealing.

Did Daz do something naughty?

No idea. Probably not.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Mistakes by one player happen. From the corner until Bents goal was just concentrated awful defending. 

No idea. Probably not.

I know. I was only joking (forgot the smiley face) I don't hold it against Bent. As you say, every player makes at least one mistake per game. You just don't want yours to be high profile. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I know. I was only joking (forgot the smiley face) I don't hold it against Bent. As you say, every player makes at least one mistake per game. You just don't want yours to be high profile. 

I didn't think you were entirely serious, but I had to acknowledge that the OG did showcase some bad defending :p

32 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Darren Bent's goal may showcase some of the worst defending I've seen in a very long time.

Have you seen Brentford's third from last night? Almost as bad from Villa.

Edit: Actually, watching the highlights Villa were awful in defence. Brentford should have scored another 3, easily. 

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Have you seen Brentford's third from last night? Almost as bad from Villa.

TO THE HIGHLIGHTS! 

I don't think that's worse than Ipswich, but still pretty bad.

I enjoyed Lansbury falling over from shirt to shirt contact with Jota, who's not known for his strength. Shame Jota didn't score from it.

Had the pleasure of seeing us outclass Ipswich last night. Way, way, too good for them. Could have had 6, they seldom looked like they might threaten us. 

Whole team superb, with special mentions for Bryson and Ince, but again couldn't see anything from Vydra when he came on that makes me think he's got a future here. Confidence seems shot for one thing, so maybe there's still hope.

Well worth £32.50 a ticket and a tank of petrol. Nice kebab too. Only complaint, Ipswich has the worst pubs in England. Absolute *****. 

12 hours ago, Ellafella said:

We don’t need no Yanic Wildshut,
We don’t need no Jordan Rhodes,
No Henri Lansbury in our midfield,
Hey, Pearson, leave Mar-tin alone...

We don’t need no Yanic Wildshut,
We don’t need no Jordan Rhodes,
No Henri Lansbury in our midfield,
Hey, Macca, bring the wardrobe home...

Archived