Ipswich Town v Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Would ideally have liked to respond more recently after game time but have been very busy in my defense.    Point being, the words "Steal, Candy and Baby" should be sufficient enough to summarize yesterdays game if all accounts are accurate.

Now , I'm invariably dependant on other fans of the club to bring back reports and say how it was, for those who aren't able to attend in person, and you can glean a very good understanding even then of what (or more to the point, what didn't) occur for us each passing game.   Derby fans insist it could have been double score and see no reason to dispute.    Bottom line, we're a very ordinary team at best - and at worst -, Hell, we may as well just erect a sign for opposition teams stating "Here's the victory, please help yourselves"

Did you see that garbage in the Cup recently ?    First time in maybe 55, 60 years, since a team from outside the professional leagues of English soccer has overcome one from the second level - and who's the recipient of this new dubious honor ?   Yeah you guessed it, our sorry asses.

I don't know, maybe this league victory came as something of a surprise.   (Stats indicated before start of play our recent record with Derby County was favorable, some may have expected a trend to continue), but due respect to the opposition they went about their business in a determined manner and clearly wanted it more than ourselves.  No defense in stating we're a poor, disorganized team, largely devoid of idea and enterprise (which we are), the best team took it there can be no dispute and without question you can expect more in way of reward by end of season than our own squad of amateurs.    McClaren may have been a questionable re-appointment to some, but appears to be making some progress and you could do worse - far worse - than gamble on someone else's ideas and leadership.

Not much else to say on this issue.    Two clubs traveling at the same speed, but in opposite directions.    Wish you well in your teams endeavors for rest of season.    We got a lot of problems to remedy here at Ipswich, blasting McCarthy out the nearest available exit would be a good start, but the venom within the club runs much deeper than that one individual alone.   Look forward to playing you again at the next opportunity.

(Sorry, was having problems submitting post, apologize if featured twice)

The Tractor Boys will be back - club with a strong regional base and a similar history in many respects to ours. Least you have an FA cup in my lifetime to remember fondly!

Archived