Forum Introductions

davenportram

On 20 December 2017 at 18:30, BucksRam said:

Cool birthday present. I was there for that game too funnily enough, in the Rous Stand. And I too had learned the art of the bent over subtle fist pump and whispered "Get in!"  :thumbsup:

Taken out of context that could be something quite sexual. ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone,

I have been an occasional lurker over the past couple years, but have been visiting and reading much more frequently over the last couple months.   I have made a couple posts on the Derby County subreddit, but this is my first post here. I though it would be a good time to introduce myself, because I recently booked my first trip to see the Rams at Pride Park!  I will be coming through for the Leeds match and can't freakin wait!  I most likely will be traveling alone so I will be looking for new friends to grab a pint with.

A little about what brought me to the Rams.  I am American and have been a supporter for a few years now.  I first gained an interest in Derby County through pure coincidence because I was born and raised in a city called Derby over here in America.  When I found a team in Derby, England I decided to start following, kind of casually at first.  But this was spring 2014, casually quickly turned rabid, and I was glued to the screen for the playoff final.  The emotions I felt after that one sealed my new identity and I knew this team was the right fit.  Today, I am a RamsTV subscriber and rarely miss a match.  I'll definitely be tuned in tomorrow and will try to pop in the game thread.  

3 minutes ago, TKWhy said:

Hey everyone,

I have been an occasional lurker over the past couple years, but have been visiting and reading much more frequently over the last couple months.   I have made a couple posts on the Derby County subreddit, but this is my first post here. I though it would be a good time to introduce myself, because I recently booked my first trip to see the Rams at Pride Park!  I will be coming through for the Leeds match and can't freakin wait!  I most likely will be traveling alone so I will be looking for new friends to grab a pint with.

A little about what brought me to the Rams.  I am American and have been a supporter for a few years now.  I first gained an interest in Derby County through pure coincidence because I was born and raised in a city called Derby over here in America.  When I found a team in Derby, England I decided to start following, kind of casually at first.  But this was spring 2014, casually quickly turned rabid, and I was glued to the screen for the playoff final.  The emotions I felt after that one sealed my new identity and I knew this team was the right fit.  Today, I am a RamsTV subscriber and rarely miss a match.  I'll definitely be tuned in tomorrow and will try to pop in the game thread.  

Welcome aboard the legendary S.S.DCFC. She's a beautiful boat, but do pack your wetsuit – she has a tendency to take on water from time to time. 

• 3 months later...

I'm Tim originally from Bakewell but spent most of my adult live in Matlock. Moved to Florida in 2006 and whereas I hate the political climate I freakin love the weather.

Attended my first game as a nipper sat between my dads legs in the B Stand in 1969.

Had a season ticket for about 30 years in the B Stand, C Stand, Ossie upper and then PP.

Used to love going to away games. Out the house at the crack of dawn and then back to the Pav in Matlock Bath and Home at 3am  

My old man was good friends with Sam Longson, a few directors and some players and I'll be boring you with some of the stories moving forward.

I've no clue why I picked Bob The Badger as a nickname, I can only presume I was high.

Oh and I'm a raging liberal and loather of Trump.

Favorite  players if all time, Colin Todd, Charlie George, Kevin Hector, Gerry Daly and whoa Bobby.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2018 at 13:22, Lambchop said:

Hi Bob!

We must have lived in Matlock at the same time; it’s a small, er... town.

My entire family hail from the Matlock/Darley Dale/Winster/Tansley area. Thankfully my parents emigrated to the big city shortly before I was born. They wanted a better life for me!

11 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Thankfully my parents emigrated to the big city shortly before I was born. They wanted a better life for me!

That’s why I moved to Wirksworth... because I wanted a better life for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought Id properly introduce myself I have posted a lot on here over the years  I am Barney Fulham fan my other half is a RAM hence  Derby connection but we seldom post on here we mainly post on other social media area under a joint account but that’s our story so good to meet you all properly. 

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:07, StivePesley said:

My entire family hail from the Matlock/Darley Dale/Winster/Tansley area. Thankfully my parents emigrated to the big city shortly before I was born. They wanted a better life for me!

And here's another one.....

• 1 month later...

Thought I had better introduced myself as I broke my duck last night by commenting on some of the England denigration that went on following our defeat to Croatia.

I was born and raised in one of the terraced streets near to BBG and was hooked from a young age. I was a STH for a number of years until circumstances kept me away. I renewed my ST when we moved to PP, both to follow my team, and also as a form of bonding with my young son - it worked and he is hooked and sits next to me in the stadium!

I have resisted the urge to post previously but following the diatribe last night I had to speak out - and I got two likes so I’ll probably do it again!

Off to Notts on Saturday- can’t wait.

Keep the faith!

2 hours ago, Bigfella said:

Thought I had better introduced myself as I broke my duck last night by commenting on some of the England denigration that went on following our defeat to Croatia.

I was born and raised in one of the terraced streets near to BBG and was hooked from a young age. I was a STH for a number of years until circumstances kept me away. I renewed my ST when we moved to PP, both to follow my team, and also as a form of bonding with my young son - it worked and he is hooked and sits next to me in the stadium!

I have resisted the urge to post previously but following the diatribe last night I had to speak out - and I got two likes so I’ll probably do it again!

Off to Notts on Saturday- can’t wait.

Keep the faith!

Where were you born? I was born on Havelock Road in 1963. My dad took me to the BBG around 1966, been hooked ever since.

Ah Shaftesbury Street, immortalised in a chant from my youth.

And if you walk down Shaftesbury Street, you’ll get a jolly good talking to,

Be off with you, you Forest rascals

We are the Derby boys...or something to that effect, the memory isn’t what it was. 

Welcome Bigfella. ? 

Archived