Forum Introductions

davenportram

Hi all. Long time forum absentee after becoming really disillusioned with football for a few years. I was Rample on the old Telegraph/NEP forum, official board anorak and highest poster before they revamped it. I tried other forums after its demise but nothing felt like home. I've been registered and lurked on this one for ages for news and views before I finally decided to start involved again. Well done to whoever set it up and the mods who've built both a good site and community.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rample said:

Hi all. Long time forum absentee after becoming really disillusioned with football for a few years. I was Rample on the old Telegraph/NEP forum, official board anorak and highest poster before they revamped it. I tried other forums after its demise but nothing felt like home. I've been registered and lurked on this one for ages for news and views before I finally decided to start involved again. Well done to whoever set it up and the mods who've built both a good site and community.

Cheers glad you like it, I'll pass on your regards to David and the other plebs. ??

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 13:20, @São Paulo Ram said:

Hi all, I used to use the DET forum under the name Forever_A_Ram back in the day when I lived in Matlock and was a season ticket holder. Now I live out in São Paulo so have to follow the Rams from afar. Hoping that joining this forum reconnects me a little bit because I am starting to miss going to games a lot!

@Bilbo responded : I remember the DET Forum well, but don't remember you being a Mod on there, all the other MODs were pretty cool, wasn't there someone called Stranu (sic) and Arturo?

For Stranu read Struan........

16 hours ago, Dordogne_Ram said:

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 13:20, @São Paulo Ram said:

Hi all, I used to use the DET forum under the name Forever_A_Ram back in the day when I lived in Matlock and was a season ticket holder. Now I live out in São Paulo so have to follow the Rams from afar. Hoping that joining this forum reconnects me a little bit because I am starting to miss going to games a lot!

@Bilbo responded : I remember the DET Forum well, but don't remember you being a Mod on there, all the other MODs were pretty cool, wasn't there someone called Stranu (sic) and Arturo?

For Stranu read Struan........

I wasnt a MOD on there, just used it!

20 hours ago, Rample said:

Rample...did you create and run that fantasy league type thing? I remember taking charge of Newcastle and signing Podolski and Barton.

I've just realised that despite being on 766 posts, I've never introduced myself.

I am admira (from the Austrian Football Team 'Admira Wacker'. I have no affiliation with them at all, just liked the name).

Born, bred and still living in Ipswich but been a Rams fan for 40 years (because we were good and I was young and impressionable). I have lots of tattoos, love the music of Frank Turner, am more left wing then Lenin, have a penchant for Brussels Sprouts, have had a season ticket for 6 seasons in all, laugh at Family Guy and am normally found on the forum positing nerdy stats. My wife thinks I am on the spectrum bless her but what's wrong with having spreadsheets for everything I say?

I dislike Donald Trump, Thatcher, UKIP, Simon Cowell, Jeremy Clarkson, .goat's cheese, metal coat hangers, The Daily Mail, cushions and seeing stickers on the bottom of women's shoes.

That's me. Hello.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Sam,

New to the forum which I thought I'd join seeing as I'm a listener of the podcast and I love talking / reading about derby. 

Born and bread in Swanwick Derbyshire! Mortified when they let Gary teale wear number 27. 

Thanks. 

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to the forum too. Born in Derby, lived in Pear Tree (near to the BBG!), moved away when I went to college in the 70s, now live in Staffordshire with a load of Stokies around me (used to live in South Staffs near to a load of Villa and Wolves fans). Been a season ticket holder for 25 Years or so. Work around the UK, believe we should stay in EU. I like 70s music from prog to new wave, Especially American new wave. Also, Talking Heads, Cure and New Order, but still like some modern stuff like Field Music, Dutch Uncles, Foals and Boxed In.

Seen Derby win league twice, in the European Cup in 1972-3 and 75, 5 times at Wembley Including the Charity Shield v West Ham, 3 very different play of finals and the Anglo-Italian Cup final v Cremonese, plus loads of away games in the third division for the two seasons in the 80s. 

Always reasonably optimistic about DCFC prospects, and looking forward to the Pearson era; believe he will be good for us, and will mobilise and motivate the team. Could be a fascinating battle this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I used to be a member on here years ago but can't remember what my old name was. I fell away from the forum during the clough era, and have been meaning to sign back up for the last 2 years but never getting round to it.

I have played football with a few members from on here a while ago, (again I can't remember there names, Rynny may of been one?) I think Boycie might remember me as he sometimes weighs his scrap metal in with me. 

Ive had a season ticket for about 15 years altogether, with a 3 year gap when I was at uni. I like lots of other things too

2 hours ago, MrOrdinary said:

Hey,

I used to be a member on here years ago but can't remember what my old name was. I fell away from the forum during the clough era, and have been meaning to sign back up for the last 2 years but never getting round to it.

I have played football with a few members from on here a while ago, (again I can't remember there names, Rynny may of been one?) I think Boycie might remember me as he sometimes weighs his scrap metal in with me. 

Ive had a season ticket for about 15 years altogether, with a 3 year gap when I was at uni. I like lots of other things too

Ah @BARRman!! Hucknall played and @Alex W had a couple of games.

Welcome back.

3 hours ago, MrOrdinary said:

Ah yes that's me! I honestly couldn't remember my old name. Good to be back!

Would this be Barrman? Was that it? If you were the big fella who was a far better defender than me, it's you! (Though I'm still claiming a lack of match fitness on that one, I was slightly heavily anaemic and didn't know!)

36 minutes ago, Alex W said:

Would this be Barrman? Was that it? If you were the big fella who was a far better defender than me, it's you! (Though I'm still claiming a lack of match fitness on that one, I was slightly heavily anaemic and didn't know!)

Ha yes that's me! I honestly can't remember I think I was barman. It's been too long for me to remember that

19 hours ago, MrOrdinary said:

Ha yes that's me! I honestly can't remember I think I was barman. It's been too long for me to remember that

Blimey, now there's a blast from the past!

Expect a post count bump as I'll merge your old account in

Archived