Sign in to follow this  
davenportram

Forum Introductions

On 26/06/2019 at 17:21, Andeeh said:

Evening Rams fans.. 

Long time lurker and finally decided to sign up! 

Season ticket holder and go to as many away games as I can. 

See you all around

Have a good one! 

Come on, what do you think of the new signings?

7 minutes ago, Coolascustard said:

Evenin’ All.

Just signed up to the forum after lurking for a long time. This is my 2nd post, my 1st was on the “instant memories” discussion on the main forum. Been a Ram since 1979/80 season so missed the glory years but that’s not why we do it!!?? Certainly not one to get too depressed over a loss (wife might not agree with that😆) and don’t get too carried away with a win so hopefully you’ll find my posts pretty balanced.

Welcome to the forum, well, welcome to posting I should say. 😀

6 hours ago, Coolascustard said:

Evenin’ All.

Just signed up to the forum after lurking for a long time. This is my 2nd post, my 1st was on the “instant memories” discussion on the main forum. Been a Ram since 1979/80 season so missed the glory years but that’s not why we do it!!?? Certainly not one to get too depressed over a loss (wife might not agree with that😆) and don’t get too carried away with a win so hopefully you’ll find my posts pretty balanced.

Welcome to the forum.

I reckon you were lucky with your timings.  I started on the day we received the top pot in '75, so despite missing the true glory years, I got a glimpse of a trophy, a smattering of lesser-Euro-nights, and a teasing hint of FA Cup glory! 
Of course, we were already on a downward slope, but nobody actually knew it at that stage!  LOL!

On 03/08/2019 at 07:10, Mucker1884 said:

Welcome to the forum.

I reckon you were lucky with your timings.  I started on the day we received the top pot in '75, so despite missing the true glory years, I got a glimpse of a trophy, a smattering of lesser-Euro-nights, and a teasing hint of FA Cup glory! 
Of course, we were already on a downward slope, but nobody actually knew it at that stage!  LOL!

I’d have settled for a glimpse of a trophy.

31 minutes ago, Coolascustard said:

I’d have settled for a glimpse of a trophy.

I meant to say... It was all just a big tease, and my expectations were somewhat raised from the beginning!  Ha, ha!

So I suppose this is where I do the this is who I am bit blah blah blah

So I’m a mid thirties armchair fan who doesn’t go to many games but that isn’t for lack of desire.... Growing up as a kid my dad wasn’t in to football (weird I know) so I was an open book and ready to be influenced. As a 8 year old back then I could very of easily of been supporting the teams over the way but luckily my best friend at the time was a Derby through and through family so that was who I followed and you stick with your choices don’t you! Strange how you can’t make adult decisions for another ten years yet they let you make probably the biggest decision of your life at that age... Anyway that’s how I got to being a Derby fan despite being born in Notts and being more a Notts based kind of guy. Fast forward a few years and more and as I grew up all my friends support the Red dogs / Notts / Insert glory team here so I didn’t get to go to as many games as I’d like. Infact as a teen I went to watch Notts County nearly on a weekly basis selling programs as well, so I do have a little soft spot for them I’m afraid. 

Now as an adult other things get in the way like kids / women / work / etc so again I actually follow Derby more on here and on the TV than being one of the elite “real” fans. I do make an effort to get play off final tickets though however underserved I may be.

started reading this forum the Mac1 era really, the season or two before I was drifting away following but lost the passion a little. Happy to say that has come back from that season and he stuck with me. Feel like I know a few people here even though I’ve never posted until last week, what with darkfruitsram and his alcoholic prefs, where you store crisps, David being in Grimsby that just come to mind. 

Anyway thanks for entertaining me the last few years!!

Oh I’m LEram because I’m from Long Eaton but actually now live in Stanton. 

11 hours ago, LERam said:

...Strange how you can’t make adult decisions for another ten years yet they let you make probably the biggest decision of your life at that age...

Ha Ha!  I like that!  Funny... but so true!  :-)

11 hours ago, LERam said:

... I actually follow Derby more on here and on the TV than being one of the elite “real” fans. I do make an effort to get play off final tickets though however underserved I may be...

Ha ha... Funny... but no so likeable!  ;-)

Oh... welcome, btw.