Forum Introductions

davenportram

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/11/2017 at 22:06, 1of4 said:

As a newly fledged southerner does this mean I now have to drink weak beer and wear a coat when I go out in the winter. What else do I need to do to fit in with my fellow southerners?

Spray tan yourself the colour of a baked bean, have sunglasses welded to the top of your head and whatever your age spike your hair up with gel.

In moments of crisis try and think what Danny Dyer would do .....

When making small talk, try and channel your inner James Corden.

And what the hell are you doing here? You should be supporting the 'Gannners' or 'Chelsheea', or maybe 'Wust Ammmmm'. 

On 04/11/2017 at 07:34, WhiteHorseRam said:

Spray tan yourself the colour of a baked bean, have sunglasses welded to the top of your head and whatever your age spike your hair up with gel.

In moments of crisis try and think what Danny Dyer would do .....

When making small talk, try and channel your inner James Corden.

And what the hell are you doing here? You should be supporting the 'Gannners' or 'Chelsheea', or maybe 'Wust Ammmmm'. 

1. Have you seen Mancs on holiday!! Us southerners get sun down ere.. You lot burn at 20oC..

2. Good point.. Default setting guvnor..

3. Small talk? Have you heard us rabbit on at 500 miles an hour. Nothing small about our chatter.

4. Only the tourists support those clubs now.. Chelsea is like Shanghai now.. Coaches go from there to Biscester Outlet every 30 mins.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Been a long time reader now for many many years, used to read the old DET forum a lot but then here so I’ve seen this really grow over the years.

Found myself with a lot more time on my hands now so thought why not take the plunge and contribute for a change.

Ive been a Ram since 1988, and a season ticket holder since 2008. My children are born and bred Rams despite a Forest supporting Mum who also attend games with me.

Anyway pleased to be able to join and get stuck in. Looking forward to lots of great debate!

Chris

On 26/06/2017 at 09:20, BucksRam said:

Rams fan for about 42 years, born and bred in the leafy county of Bucks. Why Derby? My best mate at school asked me who I supported.  I didn't. His family were from Mickleover so Derby it was and I've stuck by them ever since.  

Don't really get to games but follow this forum and everything Derby daily. 

Have had my name of the electronic scoreboard at the Baseball ground. It was aforementioned mate's birthday and his pressie was a VIP package at Derby. Had a tour of the tunnel; trophies and changing room.  Met Colin Addison & Kevin Hector so must have been either 80/81or 81/82 season.

Anyway...that's me. 

Good stuff good stuff. Not born and bred in Bucks, but I did spend most my life living in the Chalfonts. Are you a Wycombe fan too by any chance? 

Edit: Just realised you joined 6 months a go. Better late than never I suppose!

4 hours ago, Ramshankered said:

Good stuff good stuff. Not born and bred in Bucks, but I did spend most my life living in the Chalfonts. Are you a Wycombe fan too by any chance? 

Edit: Just realised you joined 6 months a go. Better late than never I suppose!

Always better late than never ;)

I'm about half hr from Wycombe but no. As it happens I spent a lot of my youth going to Watford as my neighbour was a season ticket holder. Always remember sitting in the Vicarage road end Feb '94 when Gabbiadini scored the winner beating them 4-3. I was the only one to jump up screaming then sit down again very quickly as the whole stand turned to look at me :D

16 hours ago, Codnor Ram said:

Hi Everyone,

Been a long time reader now for many many years, used to read the old DET forum a lot but then here so I’ve seen this really grow over the years.

Found myself with a lot more time on my hands now so thought why not take the plunge and contribute for a change.

Ive been a Ram since 1988, and a season ticket holder since 2008. My children are born and bred Rams despite a Forest supporting Mum who also attend games with me.

Anyway pleased to be able to join and get stuck in. Looking forward to lots of great debate!

Chris

Welcome, I like it when long time lurkers sign up.

As you say, you’ve watched the forum grow, so you’ll know I kinda do everything behind the scenes to make this forum run smoothly.

If you need to know anything, feel free to ask @David he’s head of member enquiries.

He’s sorted a few members out in his time, bless him.

20 hours ago, Codnor Ram said:

Hi Everyone,

Chris

welcome

still think Condor Ram sounds better, what a beast that would be:)

On 18/12/2017 at 20:43, BucksRam said:

Always better late than never ;)

I'm about half hr from Wycombe but no. As it happens I spent a lot of my youth going to Watford as my neighbour was a season ticket holder. Always remember sitting in the Vicarage road end Feb '94 when Gabbiadini scored the winner beating them 4-3. I was the only one to jump up screaming then sit down again very quickly as the whole stand turned to look at me :D

Yup! Been there, got the t-shirt. On my 29th birthday, my dad booked us tickets to see Derby at Watford in McClaren's first run. The only problem was my Dad for some bizarre reason got us seats in the home end.

It was just at the start of the "innocent climb". It was also the day I mastered the "silent celebration".

We won 3-2. I still think I deserve a medal for the lack of emotion I showed when Sammon scored the winner. 

8 hours ago, Ramshankered said:

Yup! Been there, got the t-shirt. On my 29th birthday, my dad booked us tickets to see Derby at Watford in McClaren's first run. The only problem was my Dad for some bizarre reason got us seats in the home end.

It was just at the start of the "innocent climb". It was also the day I mastered the "silent celebration".

We won 3-2. I still think I deserve a medal for the lack of emotion I showed when Sammon scored the winner. 

Cool birthday present. I was there for that game too funnily enough, in the Rous Stand. And I too had learned the art of the bent over subtle fist pump and whispered "Get in!"  :thumbsup:

Archived