Forum Introductions

davenportram

When I started this thread all those years ago I didn’t think I’d need to reintroduce myself, but here goes

Its me again, former moderator. Been through a lot in the past 18 months. Fell out of love, in love again and now in a kind of Limbo.

Moved back up to Rotherham, moving jobs this summer and trying to get some equilibrium.

Wimt get to many matches, but trying to catch up on what I’ve missed with all things DCFC - even forgot our first game of the season was last night.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, davenportram said:

When I started this thread all those years ago I didn’t think I’d need to reintroduce myself, but here goes

Its me again, former moderator. Been through a lot in the past 18 months. Fell out of love, in love again and now in a kind of Limbo.

Moved back up to Rotherham, moving jobs this summer and trying to get some equilibrium.

Wimt get to many matches, but trying to catch up on what I’ve missed with all things DCFC - even forgot our first game of the season was last night.

Hope you are well dav, funny I was only thinking about you and LR this morning. 

On 04/08/2018 at 13:08, davenportram said:

Welcome back to the nuthouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez forgot the first game of the season. Anyway bad news about moving back to Rotherham.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hear that mate.

I hope you're both ok, never easy.

• 2 months later...

Have only just stumbled across this thread so will take advantage of it, in spite of me browsing DCFCfans on a daily basis and occasionally adding the odd comment.

I'm Ben, 26 and a lifelong Ram. Spent most of my time growing up in Wirksworth (so may well know @McRainy?) and held a season ticket for years before eventually surrendering it upon moving down to Kent for uni (Hence the recent name of KentRam). Spent several years living and working in Kent/London including a long spell as a Special Advisor in parliament before finally moving back up to the shire last year to run a large charity in Sheffield.

This forum is genuinely such a fantastic place. I am incredibly grateful to @David for its quality - a glance at most other clubs' fora and you'll see that very few even come close to comparing with ours. We don't, perhaps, quite know how lucky we are. And when I see, on a daily basis, the array of views, whit, debate and humour it makes me proud to be a Ram. Keep up the good work!

Enough about me, nice to "meet" you all. As you were... COYR

• 2 months later...

Morning all. Needles here, reincarnated as Needless.

Left dcfcfans due to family illness. Never stopped going to games, just used them as a couple of hours escape instead of the all-consuming passion that being a football fan used to be for me. There was a phase when I was getting my anger out at the games, but that was proving toxic to my mental state, so i drew back for a while.

I certainly take it far less seriously now; losing used to ruin my weekend, now it won't ruin my walk back to the car park. I've no time now for the 'hate' for other clubs. Just want to watch a game and have a chat about it with other Rams.

COYR.

38 minutes ago, Needless said:

Morning all. Needles here, reincarnated as Needless.

Left dcfcfans due to family illness. Never stopped going to games, just used them as a couple of hours escape instead of the all-consuming passion that being a football fan used to be for me. There was a phase when I was getting my anger out at the games, but that was proving toxic to my mental state, so i drew back for a while.

I certainly take it far less seriously now; losing used to ruin my weekend, now it won't ruin my walk back to the car park. I've no time now for the 'hate' for other clubs. Just want to watch a game and have a chat about it with other Rams.

COYR.

Welcome back. I agree with what you say, basically that football is only a game, but have to admit I do miss those couple of hours where you can let off steam and go with the herd mentality (up to a reasonable point). It's been a while now since losing meant that I didn't want to speak to anyone and now just get pissed off for a few minutes and then get on with life. Enjoy being a "full fan" again.

• 4 weeks later...

Born on London Road - literally! Watched my first Rams home game at the Baseball Ground against Grimsby in the old Third Division (North), the year we finished top and started a long slog in the Second Division. It's a family thing; my cousin - Phil Waller - played under Tim Ward and a little under Brian Clough. I'm now in New England, where I try to keep up via ESPN Plus and the Derby Telegraph online.

When not watching the Rams I am heavily involved in building a De Havilland Mosquito in the UK (a UK Registered Charity) - anyone got a couple of Rolls-Royce Merlins in their garden shed?!

http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk

COPY Mossie Bites 8.png

5 hours ago, NewEnglandRam said:

Born on London Road - literally! Watched my first Rams home game at the Baseball Ground against Grimsby in the old Third Division (North), the year we finished top and started a long slog in the Second Division. It's a family thing; my cousin - Phil Waller - played under Tim Ward and a little under Brian Clough. I'm now in New England, where I try to keep up via ESPN Plus and the Derby Telegraph online.

When not watching the Rams I am heavily involved in building a De Havilland Mosquito in the UK (a UK Registered Charity) - anyone got a couple of Rolls-Royce Merlins in their garden shed?!

http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk

COPY Mossie Bites 8.png

welcome.

I used to know a New England Ram back in the 606 days

Hi, RnWes here. Long time lurker on the forums but never contributed to discussion until yesterday to confirm B4 is indeed legend. 

First game I attended was with my dad at the Baseball ground, I don't remember who we played but Dean Yates nodded in from a corner that day and it was the season of 95/96. I was a glory supporter in my younger days but after my dad kept taking me the games throught the next season I was following The Rams full time.

I've been to lots of games over the years, home and away and I took my oldest son of 4 to his first match against Rotherham this season, great first match for him I must say.

Now I've posted a few times I'll stick around and get involved I guess.

Morning Rams fans!

Lifelong Derby fan here, moved away from the city in 2012 and now living in Stockport.

I was a ST holder for a number of years until I moved away, unfortunately my employers aren’t as forgiving with time off for matches as they once were, but I still travel to as many games as I can.

Happy to be here!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Evenin’ All.

Just signed up to the forum after lurking for a long time. This is my 2nd post, my 1st was on the “instant memories” discussion on the main forum. Been a Ram since 1979/80 season so missed the glory years but that’s not why we do it!!?? Certainly not one to get too depressed over a loss (wife might not agree with that?) and don’t get too carried away with a win so hopefully you’ll find my posts pretty balanced.

Archived