Forum Introductions

davenportram

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi im Scott 30yo born & raised in south Cheshire (Crewe). My granddad moved here with my dad many years ago from Derby to work on the railway & it is here my dad met my mother & I sprung out. Obviously my dad & grandad raised me to be a ram & we still make the 100 mile round trip every home game to cheer on the boys! up the rams!  

• 2 weeks later...

Just remembered this is here so better properly introduce myself. Derby fan born and bred which based on the last decade of mostly utter **** I've had to witness is probably not a good thing haha. Been a long time reader of the forum since the great times under the tufty on so have finally decided to take the plunge into posting/punning on here- seems to be more the latter at times ?. But here's to better times over the rest of the season and up the Rams!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I've been a Rams fan for 20 odd years and following this forum for a few years too now. Never actually got round to posting but quite like to find out everyone's opinions on what's going on.

I gave up my season ticket this time in order to go to more away games instead, as it can be difficult to get back to Derby. In any case, I prefer to go for a day out to an away game, as it is much more fun regardless of the result (don't think I've seen us win away for about 5 years).

I got my wife into the Rams by taking her to her first ever football game. It was the most boring 0-0 draw vs Barnsley a few years ago. She loved it for some reason.

I've not actually seen us play yet this season so can't comment on any matches so far. From what I've read it's not good but I'm anticipating an improvement by the end of the season. UTR!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, used to use t'other site (think I joined about 8 years ago) but with all the adverts, a few trolls and slowly withering post count I thought it time to try and acclimatise myself with another site. I must say this seems perfect so far. Great layout, works on mobile, easy to navigate and lots of posters! Makes you wonder why the other site went the way it did when at one time it was buzzing.

Anyway, I've seen a few recognisable names already so I'm sure there'll be some that recognise me for my online presence. Offline I'm Alex, 22 from near Alfreton, though I've been away in Liverpool for a few years for uni. Was a season ticket holder from around 5 until the year after I went to uni and realised how much I was spending just coming back for games.

On 16/12/2016 at 11:45, thederbyram said:

Hey guys, used to use t'other site (think I joined about 8 years ago) but with all the adverts, a few trolls and slowly withering post count I thought it time to try and acclimatise myself with another site. I must say this seems perfect so far. Great layout, works on mobile, easy to navigate and lots of posters! Makes you wonder why the other site went the way it did when at one time it was buzzing.

Anyway, I've seen a few recognisable names already so I'm sure there'll be some that recognise me for my online presence. Offline I'm Alex, 22 from near Alfreton, though I've been away in Liverpool for a few years for uni. Was a season ticket holder from around 5 until the year after I went to uni and realised how much I was spending just coming back for games.

Welcome half fan

Hello I'm luke and I'm new to the forum. Please don't shoot me down but I use to be a red dog but my whole family are rams. I got so much stick through the years from family members.

I Woke up today and unwrapped my main Xmas present and I have tickets for the Birmingham game and a new shirt. 

So i be off to the game with new shirt and with my dad. 

Merry Xmas to you all and come on you rams!!!!! 

34 minutes ago, Lukegreen said:

Hello I'm luke and I'm new to the forum. Please don't shoot me down but I use to be a red dog but my whole family are rams. I got so much stick through the years from family members.

I Woke up today and unwrapped my main Xmas present and I have tickets for the Birmingham game and a new shirt. 

So i be off to the game with new shirt and with my dad. 

Merry Xmas to you all and come on you rams!!!!! 

Congratulations on escaping from the dark side, Luke! May the force be with you!

2 hours ago, Sharpe1884 said:

Happy New year to you all, thought I'd join the forum after having been a season ticket holder or ball boy for around 7 years and following the Rams since I was growing up.

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry if someone completely rips your opinion apart just because they don't agree with it. 

I don't post that often. :ph34r: 

3 hours ago, Sharpe1884 said:

Happy New year to you all, thought I'd join the forum after having been a season ticket holder or ball boy for around 7 years and following the Rams since I was growing up.

I used to be a tray boy at the old bbg. Happy new year 

Archived