Forum Introductions

davenportram

Hi everyone. I'm a long time reader of the forum so thought i'd finally sign-up and give posting a go rather than just being a voyeur.

I was born in Derby but moved to London (deepest Chelsea territory) when i was five. To make sure i grew up a Derby fan my dad bought the whole family season tickets and drove the 5hr round trip every other Saturday - hero, i know! I'm 25 now and still make the trip whenever i can. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, MK said:

Hi everyone. I'm a long time reader of the forum so thought i'd finally sign-up and give posting a go rather than just being a voyeur.

I was born in Derby but moved to London (deepest Chelsea territory) when i was five. To make sure i grew up a Derby fan my dad bought the whole family season tickets and drove the 5hr round trip every other Saturday - hero, i know! I'm 25 now and still make the trip whenever i can. 

get on some of the posts in Rams Talk then, give your opinions on the legends flag. Get involved.

Welcome BTW

On 3 November 2015 11:55:37, Zag zig said:

Cheers,

Accounts, FFP not really that Finance suppose I should have been more specific but some might kinda yawn, bit like myself looking at accounts. Think more along the lines of stock and commodity trading. Started out on forums such as the old H.P.C forum before frequenting sites like ADVFN, Stockhouse, Aussie stock boards and a fair few non mainstream P.M sites.

Did say you might yawn! Regardless, came here for more light hearted stuff, though I did spot the finance thread and though trying not to, I know I'm going to bite :lol:

Welcome..... needless to say any hot stocks and shares or commodity tips would be very welcome ;)

On 6 November 2015 at 14:08:44, MK said:

Welcome. I too was born in the motherland but now live in London. There's a London supporters club if you're interested

Hi there, i am Rampage, born in Carlisle but moved to Derby aged eighteen and lived there for sixteen years. Became a Derby County supporter at the start of Brian Clough's reign. I have had DCFC season tickets with both of my sons and I now live in North Notts,to which I moved for occupational reasons. Derby County through and through but I still look out for Carlisle United's scores. I watched Carlisle play in four different divisions including the First Division (Premiership as was).COYR

On 15 November 2015 23:13:04, Rampage said:

Hi there, i am Rampage, born in Carlisle but moved to Derby aged eighteen and lived there for sixteen years. Became a Derby County supporter at the start of Brian Clough's reign. I have had DCFC season tickets with both of my sons and I now live in North Notts,to which I moved for occupational reasons. Derby County through and through but I still look out for Carlisle United's scores. I watched Carlisle play in four different divisions including the First Division (Premiership as was).COYR

Derby V Carlisle , First Division 26 April 1975 - historical day for both clubs. I'm guessing you were there ?

Great posts throughout the site by the way

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2015, 6:33:49, ValeRam said:

Derby V Carlisle , First Division 26 April 1975 - historical day for both clubs. I'm guessing you were there ?

Great posts throughout the site by the way

Thanks mate. Your posts are top quality. Yes ValeRam and Carlisle were top of Division One after three games in their one and only season in the top flight.! They were the smallest City to make it to the top league at that time and may still be.

I came down to an away game from Carlisle when Willie Carlin took the pee at the corner flag for what seemed like the last ten minutes. Carlisle won 1-0. i think that was the game that got Willie a contract at Derby.Great day for DCFC and a proud year for Carlisle United.This year, Carlisle are the team in Div 2 with most goals FOR and AGAINST.

Hi lads,

Long time lurker so decided to get signed up today and get involved. Don't get to the games as much as I'd like to these days with having to work down the big smoke but get to a few a year when I can.

Season going well for us so far, hopefully it continues. :) 

2 hours ago, RamboDCFC said:

Hi lads,

Long time lurker so decided to get signed up today and get involved. Don't get to the games as much as I'd like to these days with having to work down the big smoke but get to a few a year when I can.

Season going well for us so far, hopefully it continues. :) 

Welcome fella. Just be careful with the positivity!:D

• 4 weeks later...

Used to post on the DCFC mad forums but everytime I try and open the website up on my phone I was told I had to download an app before I could view the "free content". Absolute joke. Not using it again until the money grabbing tossers sort their act out. This website seems far more user friendly, and has more users

So anyway, hi everyone 

9 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Used to post on the DCFC mad forums but everytime I try and open the website up on my phone I was told I had to download an app before I could view the "free content". Absolute joke. Not using it again until the money grabbing tossers sort their act out. This website seems far more user friendly, and has more users

So anyway, hi everyone 

And much more attractive members too. Well, if these lot are anything like me anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

And much more attractive members too. Well, if these lot are anything like me anyway. 

I've ghost read this forum for a years, but never made an account because of the other forum, but it's really annoyed me recently. Not the Mods fault on there, but h and activity on there has fallen and it seems to have grown on here

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I've ghost read this forum for a years, but never made an account because of the other forum, but it's really annoyed me recently. Not the Mods fault on there, but h and activity on there has fallen and it seems to have grown on here

welcome SDSR. Hope you like your stay.

24 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Nice to have you on board SDSR. I like that you join under the cover of darkness. I look forward to you bringing light where normally I am blinded by bullsh!t rumours.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Used to post on here years ago when we had the three amigos at the helm and everybody was a wrist slasher due to quick fire sales. (Dark days) I then posted on SSA for a bit But it seemed to die.

Always had a nosey on here for ages for transfer rumours and Rams updates & hopefully better times ahead for us.

COYR

Archived