Forum Introductions

davenportram

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I couldn't see the option to create a new thread? Thought it might have been because I was a new member. If it's just me being stupid please tell me how and I'll re-post on there. Cheers!

​go into the sub-menu, then somewhere, depending on your screensize, will be a black button to " start new topic" click that and then tinker around, it's self explanatory.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you stick around and join in.

Morning.

Long time lurker .. came across the site about a year ago .. read a post by Boycie which made me laugh out loud and i've regularly sneaked back.

Name deliberately ambiguous! Live just off Sir Brian's road over the border in Nottinghamshire - but also i MAY not actually support DCFC. Perhaps another local team.But did go to BBG a few times with my dad.

Work in adult education ... cultural studies and community courses - always looking for tutors if you fit the bill, for example currentl need someone to teach basic car maintenance to women (!!!!!)

Hobbies and interests: history especially social stuff, green spaces of Derbyshire, huge open spaces of North Norfolk, handmade paper making and i'm a member of an internet cricket club. All of which makes me sound very boring but I hope you'll find i'm  not!

Favourite chocolate bar: hazelnut, favourite snack: twiglets the thing that gives me my Victor Meldrum moment: how long have u got????

Doubt will post much but began to feel i was being rude reading ur posts as a guest - sort of gelt like I was intruding. 

Can't believe I've missed this post by one of my many fans.

if you'd like to send a self addressed envelope to me (with a £5 luncheon voucher) I'd be happy to send you a signed picture of myself to you.

if you don't enclose the £5 voucher, I'll send you 10 pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been an avid reader of the forum for a season or two now, having originally only been aware of another forum, and it's great to finally be a member!  Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the debates, the celebrations, and the speculation :-)

Unfortunately, I live out of area these days and can only make matches every so often so, instead, I end up going to quite a few games as a neutral :-)

Hi all,

I've been an avid reader of the forum for a season or two now, having originally only been aware of another forum, and it's great to finally be a member!  Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the debates, the celebrations, and the speculation :-)

Unfortunately, I live out of area these days and can only make matches every so often so, instead, I end up going to quite a few games as a neutral :-)

​Celebrations ? Anyway welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Chris,

I found this group through Rams Forum on Facebook to set up a Lincolnshire group to help with travel arrangements on match days, although been blocked from forum for doing this? Been a Rams supporter for many years and look forward to promotion, but been especially disappointed this season. Travel to home games mainly but do do the occasional away game.

Welcome Chris.

new members aren't allowed to start new threads until they've been around for a bit.  It stops "sponsor me" type new members and the other sort of things that forums can get used for.

stick around, join in, and then you may even find a few Lincolnshire folk who use the forum too.

(try not to bump old threads up the forum though ;))

Welcome Chris.

new members aren't allowed to start new threads until they've been around for a bit.  It stops "sponsor me" type new members and the other sort of things that forums can get used for.

stick around, join in, and then you may even find a few Lincolnshire folk who use the forum too.

(try not to bump old threads up the forum though ;))

​Give him a break , Mr Boyce , where else can he introduce himself , other than 'Forum Introductions' ?

Hello all...

I'm Glen.. originally born in Derby but living in the south since I was about 2. Been a Rams fan for my sins, since the year dot, mainly down to my Uncles influence - my fam originate from the Draycott/Long Eaton area. Sadly a  bit of an armchair supporter - mostly due to my crappy old retail job and weekend working. 

Been reading the forum here n there for a little while, finally decided to register.

Sadly like everyone devastated with the last 1/3 of the season, but seems things are looking up for next season eh? New manager, new signings.. a new era? :)

#coyr

Hello all...

I'm Glen.. originally born in Derby but living in the south since I was about 2. Been a Rams fan for my sins, since the year dot, mainly down to my Uncles influence - my fam originate from the Draycott/Long Eaton area. Sadly a  bit of an armchair supporter - mostly due to my crappy old retail job and weekend working. 

Been reading the forum here n there for a little while, finally decided to register.

Sadly like everyone devastated with the last 1/3 of the season, but seems things are looking up for next season eh? New manager, new signings.. a new era? :)

#coyr

Fatal mistakes on first post.

1) saying you come from the South

2) suggesting you are an armchair fan

3) admitting to being called Glen - everybody is now thinking I bet he got called Glenda at school.

Anyway, you poncey plastic, I for one am glad to have you on board.

Shirley x

Morning.

Long time lurker .. came across the site about a year ago .. read a post by Boycie which made me laugh out loud and i've regularly sneaked back.

Name deliberately ambiguous! Live just off Sir Brian's road over the border in Nottinghamshire - but also i MAY not actually support DCFC. Perhaps another local team.But did go to BBG a few times with my dad.

Work in adult education ... cultural studies and community courses - always looking for tutors if you fit the bill, for example currentl need someone to teach basic car maintenance to women (!!!!!)

jeeze what a job that is.

well this is front. This is the engine. This is the.........i'm losing you aren't I?

Archived