Forum Introductions

davenportram

jeeze what a job that is.

well this is front. This is the engine. This is the.........i'm losing you aren't I?

Try again........this is the mirror.....this is where you put your lippy on......this is the interior light.....you drive along with that on at night.......this is where you put your drink.......this is a space where you put your other shoes........

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Hey!

Long time lurker finally got around to joining.  Dunno why it has taken me so long tbh - I started reading when the George Thorne transfer saga was in full flow and have been visiting on an almost daily basis since!

So, a little about me... I'm the wrong side of 40 (just!!!) have lived in South Derbyshire almost all my life and have been a Ram since as far back as I can remember.  In my younger (freer) days I was a season ticket holder at both the BBG and PP but wife/kids/work (delete as appropriate) mean that's no longer possible - I still like to get there as often as possible however.

My claim to fame is that I won a fantasy football prize in the Burton Mail 10+ years ago and met both Brian and Nigel Clough at Eton Park whilst receiving my cheque - which may have been relevant a few season ago.  Now I'm just getting old and living on past glories!

Anyway, excited and optimistic for the coming season #COYR

Hey Hey!

Long time lurker finally got around to joining.  Dunno why it has taken me so long tbh - I started reading when the George Thorne transfer saga was in full flow and have been visiting on an almost daily basis since!

So, a little about me... I'm the wrong side of 40 (just!!!) have lived in South Derbyshire almost all my life and have been a Ram since as far back as I can remember.  In my younger (freer) days I was a season ticket holder at both the BBG and PP but wife/kids/work (delete as appropriate) mean that's no longer possible - I still like to get there as often as possible however.

My claim to fame is that I won a fantasy football prize in the Burton Mail 10+ years ago and met both Brian and Nigel Clough at Eton Park whilst receiving my cheque - which may have been relevant a few season ago.  Now I'm just getting old and living on past glories!

Anyway, excited and optimistic for the coming season #COYR

Welcome. But are sure you're in the right place? Living on past glories would make you a shoe in with the treetards.  

Welcome. But are sure you're in the right place? Living on past glories would make you a shoe in with the treetards.  

Oh dear lord...

*runs out and gets 'Super Rams' tattooed on his forehead to reaffirm his support*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Figured I should stick a post in here to introduce myself,

Derby fan currently living in Lichfield. Read the forums a fair bit recently so thought it was time to sign up and start getting involved.

I guess thats about it, thanks for having me!

Welcome. Awesome name, took me a while to get it but awesome.

Hi folks,

Derby fan currently living in Lichfield. Read the forums a fair bit recently so thought it was time to sign up and start getting involved.

Welcome mate. Nice name. Be aware that a lot of posters on here like to use puns.

Hi folks,

Welcome fella. keep close to me, StaffsRam, and Private Derby until they accept you......these Derby folk are a bit wary of outsiders!

Whats your story then, whats a sheepshagger doing in darkest yam yam land?

Used to live in Burton with my family who have been Derby fans as far back as I can tell. Moved this way with my missus as its easier for work. I still manage to get to most home games but the away days took a kicking as my missus filed them away under 'expensive and unnecessary'. 

Tell her that trips to the garden centre are "expensive and unnecessary".......

When some of the oldies on here talked about the DET thread closing in 2010 and this thread rising Phoenix-like from the ashes, was that the site run by a journalist called Chris?

If it was, I also used to post on matchdays and never understood why it suddenly ended leaving a huge void in my life filled only when my brother told me about DCFCfans.

I only ask cos I want to know.

I was Steve Brummie on there anorl.

Are we there yet?

When some of the oldies on here talked about the DET thread closing in 2010 and this thread rising Phoenix-like from the ashes, was that the site run by a journalist called Chris?

If it was, I also used to post on matchdays and never understood why it suddenly ended leaving a huge void in my life filled only when my brother told me about DCFCfans.

I only ask cos I want to know.

I was Steve Brummie on there anorl.

Are we there yet?

Chris Watson?

Archived