Forum Introductions

davenportram

Evening all. Used to post on the DET forum many moons ago and have been drawn out of long term lurker status as I've seen my 10 year old exposé of "tommy smith in buying a patio set from homebase so can't be moving on shocker" is still a cornerstone of many a transfer rumour thread.

Used to be a season ticket pride park regular and represented the mighty rams on the soccer am catwalk but am more sporadic these days. Looking forward to what's sure to be another roller coaster season though!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all. Used to post on the DET forum many moons ago and have been drawn out of long term lurker status as I've seen my 10 year old exposé of "tommy smith in buying a patio set from homebase so can't be moving on shocker" is still a cornerstone of many a transfer rumour thread.

Used to be a season ticket pride park regular and represented the mighty rams on the soccer am catwalk but am more sporadic these days. Looking forward to what's sure to be another roller coaster season though!

Welcome. I rely on patio sets for all my transfer rumours - far more reliable than Alan Nixon.

Afternoon all.

Been c0cking around lurking and making the odd post on this forum for 4 years and used to visit the DET forum. Finally gone for a first season ticket so feel it's time to crawl from the shadows and introduce myself.

Born in Wirksworth, lived in Chad for a few years and then moved to Leicestershire. As a naive kid I flirted with Aston Villa (Post 1982 European Cup) but on moving back to Derbyshire (Codnor) I started following the Rams under Cox in the old Second Divison. A not so proud member of the old Key Club, I became hooked on the halcyon days of Davison and Gee. Finest memory of the time was a Cox handshake on the pitch after the Plymouth victory that clinched the championship.

Derby goals vs Plymouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGp-sWElBhA (Cringed a bit at the team bowing before the board at the end, don't remember that!)

These days I'm a 42 year old Project Manager living in Leeds with a 6 week old baby. Been to a few home games and an away game per season for the last few years, but looking forward to hitting a whole (home) season for the first time. Parents and brother season ticket holders at Elland Road, so the five seasons or so have gone some way to healing the pain of that cheating **** Kewell diving for that penalty at PP. Probably my angriest moment as a fan.

Went to Grimsby and was slightly alarmed, but quietly confident we will make it this year!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in deep reflection for a long time and I'm back with a thirst for Derby County and puns. 

Am I in the right place? 

Yes!

Afternoon All,

Been lurking on the forum for a while, it's been a perfect distraction to pass time at work and I have finally decided to sign up. 

I realise I have misspelt Staffordshire, but I am going to embrace it and take it on the chin.  Looking forward to the big day tomorrow! COYR

Welcome Staffordshire, it's quite good this forum but you'll know that from the long time lurking, the mods are a decent bunch so if you want to change your spelling just ask one of them to sort it, I'm sure one of them will get around to it sometime. :)

Archived