Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

5 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You seems to struggling understand what Russell do on the pitch.. We missed him BIG TIME on Friday night against Leeds on defensively wise. That's a fact. 

I can't remember the last time he beat his man or made a run forward, he defends well because he spends most of his time trying to get the ball back after he's lost it 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

This seems like it is becoming common with us. We undervalue our players. Just because a player is of no value to us doesn't mean they are valueless. We as fans and the club seem to want to receive fees for players that are consistent with 3 seasons ago but are willing to pay today's actual valuations. 

You totally missed what I said . It's not that were under valuing our players . But if a player is out of form and never really been in it apart from a brief golden spell how can we demand a high fee ? It just doesn't work like that.

9 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Means one of two things, vydra is being moved to the wing and we're signing a striker (or the return of martin). Or we've got a deal in place to sign a winger 

We have anya, camara and Russell for LW  so it doesn't mean we're necessarily  moving vydra or signing another LW.

I reckon we'll sell Russell too and get a LW in. Even then we can't play 3 LW

51 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Spot on mate. 

4 different managers who see him in training every day. 

I think he would have got a run under Pearson tbf, but got injured just before the Brighton game and didn't regain fitness until his last 3 games, in which he started 1 and came on in the other 2.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Is that anyone that has a different opinion to you?

Why would you say that?

Opinions are fine, even opinions that are diametrically opposite to my own.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

You totally missed what I said . It's not that were under valuing our players . But if a player is out of form and never really been in it apart from a brief golden spell how can we demand a high fee ? It just doesn't work like that.

I didn't miss it one bit. It happens and often. People pay for a variety of reasons. Past form/success and potential. I don't think we can demand a high fee, the likes of which we paid. Doesn't matter how well he does on loan either. We won't receive equal to or more than we paid for him. We should just sell. The worst part of it all is we seem incapable of landing Deadwood on loan (almost) while we just ship off our own on loan on a whim. Just pissing away money. 

31 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I didn't miss it one bit. It happens and often. People pay for a variety of reasons. Past form/success and potential. I don't think we can demand a high fee, the likes of which we paid. Doesn't matter how well he does on loan either. We won't receive equal to or more than we paid for him. We should just sell. The worst part of it all is we seem incapable of landing Deadwood on loan (almost) while we just ship off our own on loan on a whim. Just pissing away money. 

OK so if Weimann went permanently now. We would get what £1million give or take ? Losing £1.5 million . If he does well at Wolves, and they want to sign him you think he's still going to go for the same price as he would now ? If he goes and bangs 4 or 5 in for Wolves and puts in some good honest performances ( which he's more than capable of) were going to get at least our original investment back . It's just the way this fickle transfer market works . You've got to think too loaning players out is not what it used to be ? There are massive loan fees paid between clubs . Look at the Martin deal . £3.5 million for a season . 1 season !! Then we get him back give him a new contract and he's worth even more money . 

18 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

OK so if Weimann went permanently now. We would get what £1million give or take ? Losing £1.5 million . If he does well at Wolves, and they want to sign him you think he's still going to go for the same price as he would now ? If he goes and bangs 4 or 5 in for Wolves and puts in some good honest performances ( which he's more than capable of) were going to get at least our original investment back . It's just the way this fickle transfer market works . You've got to think too loaning players out is not what it used to be ? There are massive loan fees paid between clubs . Look at the Martin deal . £3.5 million for a season . 1 season !! Then we get him back give him a new contract and he's worth even more money . 

Too many assumptions. 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Obviously a reason he doesn't start 

Of course but you could say the same about hundreds of players up and down the country out of favour, doesn't mean they are bad players. 

You only need to look at Pearson with Martin and Hughes to show how managers can get it wrong.

As McClaren said himself, Weimann is a good player however we have too many that are similar, Weimann may have been the only one to have interest shown in him. 

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

He played on the left that game didn't he ? 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He actually played on our left that evening with Russell on the right 

Ah, had it in my head he'd played more central behind Martin. Old age ***** with my memory.

22 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Never looked like getting a chance for us. Another one that doesn't really fit.

For me he's just not a footballer. He can run fast but seems to have a very limited vision and awareness. I hope it happens for him at Wolves but he's just doesn't suit the Derby way. 

Archived