Birmingham after Johnny Russell

Day

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I'm not claiming to be ITK, but as I mentioned in the Lansbury thread I do live in Birmingham. I'm just relaying something that I've heard.

My flat mates boyfriends mate works at St Andrews and he told me that he saw an expensive car there yesterday with the number plate 'RUS E11'. He said that it had two stickers on the bumper.

One sticker said "Baby on board" and the other said "I DO have an end product and I definitely am a top 6 player, Derby have got into the top 6 two out of the three seasons I've been here, and I've been a key part of those teams, producing assists, goals, nice link up play and been an asset when defending. I'm only unpopular with some fans because I am so popular with little kids and grown men with IQ's below 80 who value 'running and work ethic' above anything else, not my fault I work hard, is it, ya fockin' jeb ends"

My mate said he'd have got a picture of it, but his phone didn't work because he's a fictional person with a fictional phone. As ever, I'm only telling you what I'm hearing here in Brum, please don't jump on me. Thanks, God bless.

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Right, I'm not claiming to be ITK, but as I mentioned in the Lansbury thread I do live in Birmingham. I'm just relaying something that I've heard.

My flat mates boyfriends mate works at St Andrews and he told me that he saw an expensive car there yesterday with the number plate 'RUS E11'. He said that it had two stickers on the bumper.

One sticker said "Baby on board" and the other said "I DO have an end product and I definitely am a top 6 player, Derby have got into the top 6 two out of the three seasons I've been here, and I've been a key part of those teams, producing assists, goals, nice link up play and been an asset when defending. I'm only unpopular with some fans because I am so popular with little kids and grown men with IQ's below 80 who value 'running and work ethic' above anything else, not my fault I work hard, is it, ya fockin' jeb ends"

My mate said he'd have got a picture of it, but his phone didn't work because he's a fictional person with a fictional phone. As ever, I'm only telling you what I'm hearing here in Brum, please don't jump on me. Thanks, God bless.

All sounds pretty plausible. Thanks for that. :D

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

how's about a winner against Leeds at home in McClaren's first game back?

I feel a Monty Python line quote coming on.....

1 hour ago, sage said:

No. In his time here. 

What he did 2 or 3 seasons ago is irrelevant if he is no longer able to perform at that level. And he hasn't been hitting the heights (depsite his effort) for 18 months. Even he said that last year he played below par

1 minute ago, feisty said:

What he did 2 or 3 seasons ago is irrelevant if he is no longer able to perform at that level. And he hasn't been hitting the heights (depsite his effort) for 18 months. Even he said that last year he played below par

Yeah he did, even though he was the what was it? 6th most constructive player n the championship or there about.

53 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Russell has done absolutely nothing this season apart from bring balance to the team that I will say cannot be underrated. However we cannot carry on with a player who contributes abolsutely nothing to our attacking play as one of our regular forwards, his decision making is too poor for a team looking for promotion, we need someone of the level of Ince on the other side if we want to go up and Russell is miles away from that

It's only this season that he's not been effective offensively. This is in a side which has been, for the most part, set up to keep a clean sheet and nick it with something special.

In 14/15 and 15/16 Russell directly contributed to 44 goals. Get Russell in a team that suits him and he produces. We were a team that suited him and it's as clear as day that we are rebuilding ourselves into something akin to what we once were and so will suit him once more. 

Half a season of bad form in a defensive team shouldn't be stopping people from seeing the bigger picture. People are far too quick to blame the player and not the circumstance, far too quick to write players off. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/5827/Stages/13644/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2015-2016

He was clearly talking about assists. He was 10th in the whole championship. Read it an weep.

Click the next page and he has no more assists than the 15th highest. Which isn't 6th.  Which given there are 24 teams in the league ain't all that.

He tries hard and he is a good player.  But he's just not of the level we need in my view

6 minutes ago, feisty said:

Click the next page and he has no more assists than the 15th highest. Which isn't 6th.  Which given there are 24 teams in the league ain't all that.

He tries hard and he is a good player.  But he's just not of the level we need in my view

So equal 10th. So even if you only had 2 wingers per team he is 10th out of 48. 

So why do you want to sell him ahead of Weimann and Blackman? 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

So equal 10th. So even if you only had 2 wingers per team he is 10th out of 48. 

So why do you want to sell him ahead of Weimann and Blackman? 

See earlier, I'd sell all 3 and buy a new right winger to compete with Ince. I'd have Anya and Camara battling for left wing; and Ince + AN Other on the right.

We have too many left wingers and not enough on the right

Would have to be a really good offer for us to consider selling him. I understand how his end product can sometimes be frustrating but he's a damn sight better than most of our other left wingers (which can I point out, is his third position after RW and Striker). Doesn't warrant half the hates he gets thrown at him; I'd much rather see Blackman leave first.

Archived