Birmingham after Johnny Russell

Day

2 minutes ago, TopRam said:

So he gets 1 game??? And someone gets 4 years? Works well I guess, after the Pompey cup game we should of got rid of Pearce then!! 

Russell is better than Weimann end of the story. 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

Sometimes I honestly cannot believe what I read on here.

Its getting stupid now.

Haha same on social media too. Some people need to PAY ATTENTION properly at football matches. Friday night proved that we missed Russell on defensively wise etc and yes I was there at Elland Road. 

46 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

You make a very good point, and it reminds me (as you mentioned) of the Chris Martin saga. We were all so certain that another striker was about to come through the door and then....nothing :ermm: Who's to say we don't sell Russell and then not buy an adequate replacement? The way this club acts with transfers lately, it wouldn't surprise me.

That being said, the links to Sako (which could potentially resurface) and Wildschut (who I personally would deem an improvement on JR) are promising, and I'm fairly confident we wouldn't be entertaining selling JR without a better player being lined up in the wings.

Yep and I can fully understand why people are up for selling Russell if it means bringing in someone like Sako, but it's 2 years ago now since he tore apart this league. People are hoping we sign him and get that Sako rather than the one who's struggled to get in a Palace team who barely won any games during 2016. Russell has been crap lately, but I'd much rather have him in our match day squad than see him lining up for a fellow Championship team

37 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Russell is better than Weimann end of the story. 

Weiman has played many premier league games Russell hasnt your just stuck in 13/14 

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

Gabby Agbonlahor's played many Premier League games… as has Claude Davis. 

Means the square root of FA. 

He's better than Russell or was better when he played in the prem, I'm just saying weimann deserves a chance, if we get good money for Russell it's time he goes 

Russell is our second or third best wide forward. You would certainly want to select him and keep him ahead of Weimann and Blackman. Sadly no-one will buy these 2 awful purchases, we are stuck with them.

Therefore Russell fits into the category of player who you would only sell for a seller's price to help purchase a better winger.

I would suggest a seller's price is around £3m.  

1 minute ago, TopRam said:

The idiots saying Weimann should be sold are the same people that wanted Pearce gone before he got a proper chance! 

Here's a question. How many enquiries have we had in time he has been here without ever regularly getting in the team?

1 minute ago, sage said:

Russell is our second or third best wide forward. You would certainly want to select him and keep him ahead of Weimann and Blackman. Sadly no-one will buy these 2 awful purchases, we are stuck with them.

Therefore Russell fits into the category of player who you would only sell for a seller's price to help purchase a better winger.

Neither Blackman or weimann have had a proper chance FFS look what happened to Pearce

There are certain aspects of our club that we won't all agree on, this one being just one example.

As supporters we have to show faith that others employed by DCFC know what they are doing and we must trust in their decision making, no matter how ridiculous it may seem. 

I personally love JR and CB to bits, but they're time has come for pastures new IMHO. 

Just now, TopRam said:

Neither Blackman or weimann have had a proper chance FFS look what happened to Pearce

Weimann has made 40 appearances during which he has produced 2 good halves. Three different managers haven't thought he was good enough.

Blackman has made 21 appearances during which he has produced 2 good minutes. Three different managers haven't thought he was good enough.

Are you seriously suggesting keeping these two and selling Russell?

4 minutes ago, TopRam said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a ball-playing centre-half in the summer to replace Pearce. 

The side, style of play and system we have seen thus far under McClaren was a necessity to get us out of trouble. We'll be rebuilding ourselves into a controlling 4-3-3 again and thus need better footballers. We've already seemingly replaced our POTY thus far with a player more suited to the Mac 1 ideology. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Weimann has made 40 appearances during which he has produced 2 good halves. Three different managers haven't thought he was good enough.

Blackman has made 21 appearances during which he has produced 2 good minutes. Three different managers haven't thought he was good enough.

I agree they have both been given a chance and showed no sign of being good enough or of fitting into our system or style of play. It was a lot more difficult for Pearce as centre backs don't get subbed or swapped around nearly as much as wingers do. Weimann has certainly had more than enough chance to impress and is obviously down the pecking order.

I'd much rather sell Weimann or Blackman than Russell but you can't sell somebody that nobody wants to buy. Weimann and Blackman probably have contracts here they wouldn't get elsewhere and were unlikely to find someone willing to pay what we want for him and willing to match their current wages. I'd be tempted to sell Russell if we feel we have an improvement lined up to come in.

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Personally I'd sell all 3 if we could (albeit there aren't necessarily buyers for all 3) and buy someone else to battle with Ince for right wing and leave Anya and Camara for the left wing spot

Russell is an honest pro and a good player. But his final ball so often disappoints. I just think he's not quite good enough for where we want to get to

Weimann has shown flashes where he looks great. He could come good and I'd be happy if he got a chance and really seized it. But he's behind Anya and Camara for me right now

Blackman - hasn;t really had a chance but equally he came to play as a CF I think and we are overloaded there (particularly if Martin returns(

20 minutes ago, sage said:

2 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

I agree they have both been given a chance and showed no sign of being good enough or of fitting into our system or style of play. It was a lot more difficult for Pearce as centre backs don't get subbed or swapped around nearly as much as wingers do. Weimann has certainly had more than enough chance to impress and is obviously down the pecking order.

I'd much rather sell Weimann or Blackman than Russell but you can't sell somebody that nobody wants to buy. Weimann and Blackman probably have contracts here they wouldn't get elsewhere and were unlikely to find someone willing to pay what we want for him and willing to match their current wages. I'd be tempted to sell Russell if we feel we have an improvement lined up to come in.

Snap. 

1 minute ago, feisty said:

Personally I'd sell all 3 if we could (albeit there aren't necessarily buyers for all 3) and buy someone else to battle with Ince for right wing and leave Anya and Camara for the left wing spot

Russell is an honest pro and a good player. But his final ball so often disappoints. I just think he's not quite good enough for where we want to get to

Weimann has shown flashes where he looks great. He could come good and I'd be happy if he got a chance and really seized it. But he's behind Anya and Camara for me right now

Blackman - hasn;t really had a chance but equally he came to play as a CF I think and we are overloaded there (particularly if Martin returns(

Try comparing his assist record compared to other wingers in this league. 

Archived