Birmingham after Johnny Russell

David

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Doubt we will sell our best left winger.

If he is our best left winger, that doesn't say much for our other left wingers. Being the best of a poor bunch isn't a reason to keep him. If we adopt your thinking then we would never buy a player. He isn't good enough and we need to replace him 

22 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Depends on what they're offering, I think it'll maybe do him good, as much as I like him, his effort is undeniable, but his scoring record is less impressive recently.

Everybody's scoring record is poor this season! (Ince has done ok) We have no centre forward who allows us to press the ball resulting in a sedentary midfield and a defence whose first preference is to turn backwards 

we would be stupid to sell him he is our best left sided forward, and who would play on the right if Ince wasn't available? 

If we sold because we need the money then it would highlight immense stupidity of other signings and I don't think mac or the management team are stupid, Birmingham by all means buy wieman he contributes very little.

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I think Camara's and Vydra's performances the other night show just how important he is.

Be madness to sell him unless there is a huge improvement available, and there won't be for the price we'd get for him.

Don't worry we're getting Danny Rowe. Yes the Danny Rowe - Macclesfield 's Ronaldo. 

11 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

If he is our best left winger, that doesn't say much for our other left wingers. Being the best of a poor bunch isn't a reason to keep him. If we adopt your thinking then we would never buy a player. He isn't good enough and we need to replace him 

Well let's get rid of all the other ones who are worse first then can we? Or shall we just reduce our quality?

55 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Your right it doesn't does it. I never said he was a good one, just the best we've got. I've said for quite some time we need a better one

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Everyone has their price, but for Brum to buy it'd have to be very high. Probably £5m plus. Sellers market.

if we where to sell    imho    5million  we be a good profit return     should brum want or willing to pay £5 mill   ..but i sure the most players these days   are swayed via wages   :thumbsup:  

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Don't worry we're getting Danny Rowe. Yes the Danny Rowe - Macclesfield 's Ronaldo. 

So the club are dammed if we buy over priced journeymen on fat contracts and dammed if we pay a little for a lower league gem ... about time you supported a side in the top 4 of the premiership ..  then you can moan about only scraping into the champions league and having to go through the knockout stages ... jeez

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Gotta admit that I don't know much about this chap. However we've been down the route of splashing mega bucks on new players. Why not try and unearth a rough diamond from the lower leagues? 

Personally I think we should sell Russell as long as the price is right...for me he puts alot of effort in but just doesnt have the quality and for me is 1 of a couple of players we should look to move on. He seems to bust a gut for the first 20-30mins of a game then disappears for the rest of the match.

We have Camara Anya Weimann and Blackman all capable of playing in that position, yes Camara had a poor game vs Leeds but he didnt ever have an out ball when he had the ball. I think both Anya and Weimann can offer as much as Russell can if not more given a consistent run in the team.

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Personally I think we should sell Russell as long as the price is right...for me he puts alot of effort in but just doesnt have the quality and for me is 1 of a couple of players we should look to move on. He seems to bust a gut for the first 20-30mins of a game then disappears for the rest of the match.

We have Camara Anya Weimann and Blackman all capable of playing in that position, yes Camara had a poor game vs Leeds but he didnt ever have an out ball when he had the ball. I think both Anya and Weimann can offer as much as Russell can if not more given a consistent run in the team.

I personally think that they are are all worse than russell...his only problem is not having a Martin type to feed balls too and from around the penalty area....if Nugent can play anything like that Russell will be scoring and supplying the ball for him.

And if not,Martin will be back and the system is back in play again.

Russell hasn't stopped performing,the system we play isn't anywhere near complete at the moment 

No need to get rid of players who know how to play the d e ruby way and then  spend months training newbies who are no improvement.

Look at what we have lost this year in terms of players who fitted the way we play and then replaced them badly....some are perhaps better individual players but don't fit into the team so well.

I'd have Buxton and ward back right now if I could.

Archived