Birmingham after Johnny Russell

Day

31 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I would sell 

Weimann 

Blackman

Keep Johnny

??

Don't you think weimann deserves a chance??? Russell's had 4 years and is getting worse not better 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an ideal world, we'd end the window with: Ince, Russell, Sako (if he came) and one other...perhaps Blackman. 

Realistically though we're highly unlikely to find buys for Weimann, Camara, Anya...why would anyone want them/pay the ridiculous money we paid for them? 

Just now, TopRam said:

Don't you think weimann deserves a chance??? Russell's had 4 years and is getting worse not better 

Yeah but he had one against QPR and was terrible tbf. 

Amazing how quickly people are writing Russell off. Some absoloute drivel's been spouted. 

The team isn't suited to Russell at the minute but it's looking as if we're going to rebuild the team into what we once were. 

At the level we're at you're always gonna need willing runners to help stretch teams, increase the tempo and to link up with your footballers. Unfortunately for Johnny and Bryso we don't have our footballers in the right positions anymore to allow them to flourish. But we will do. 

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Good to see Nugent has made a positive impact in your mind. After all, he's had enough chances. 

I don't believe he fits the system. So, we basically bought a 31-year-old striker for a few million on likely high wages to offer us something of the bench in the last 15 minues or so.

Like I said, keep him around as a squad player, but no way would I consider getting rid of Russell before him. At least Russell knows how to play the role in the system we use.

He might not be the best winger in the league, but he's a solid player.

39 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

There are about 15 current DCFC players in the squad tha I would sell before considering to sell Russell.

All day long, well I would for about 10 out personally

14 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

I'd sell if the money was right only had one relatively good season has no end product, the song 'johnny Russell runs down the wing for me' describes him perfectly in the sense that he just runs but does nothing else

It's great this sell if the money is right, well we have purchased when the money is wrong and got many poorer players

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Amazing how quickly people are writing Russell off. Some absoloute drivel's been spouted. 

The team isn't suited to Russell at the minute but it's looking as if we're going to rebuild the team into what we once were. 

At the level we're at you're always gonna need willing runners to help stretch teams, increase the tempo and to link up with your footballers. Unfortunately for Johnny and Bryso we don't have our footballers in the right positions anymore to allow them to flourish. But we will do. 

He's had over 3 1/2 seaons to impress. He has had his flourishes but never had a full consistent season. 

I agree that you need runners in the team to stretch the opposition. But Russell doesn't even do that anymore? He hides from the ball and doesn't take a defender on.

Needs to be freshened up.

Time to move on I'm afraid.

30 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Players I'd sell before Russell, in an order in which I get rid too.

Blackman, Weimann, Camara, Vydra, Weale, Shackell, Anya, Olsson, Bent, Hanson, Nugent, Bryson, Baird, Butterfield, Bradley Johnson - the last 7 I'd consider as solid squad players for the time being.

I'd look to get rid of the first eight this summer, certainly.

Thanks, apart from your suggestion of Nugent.... and maybe Vydra and Butters I'd tend to agree. 

28 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Players I'd sell before Russell, in an order in which I get rid too.

Blackman, Weimann, Camara, Vydra, Weale, Shackell, Anya, Olsson, Bent, Hanson, Nugent, Bryson, Baird, Butterfield, Bradley Johnson - the last 7 I'd consider as solid squad players for the time being.

I'd look to get rid of the first eight this summer, certainly.

Here's my list in order Blackman, wieman,camara,weale,Bent,Olsson, Hanson,butterfield,Johnson,Baird, ( and a chunk of the fringe squad people) I just don't think they are good enough or they are simply too old/rigid to do what we need.

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

You adapt and evolve...... Johnny has been here 3 and a half seasons..... he was our star signing at beginning of the end for Clough..... 

Flashes of brilliance agree..... 

If you can't adapt to another "system" of how to play football..... I'd go far as to suggest why are they a footballer in the first place.

I like Russell..... he is solid, but he just doesn't turn it on enough for me..... 

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't believe he fits the system. So, we basically bought a 31-year-old striker for a few million on likely high wages to offer us something of the bench in the last 15 minues or so.

Like I said, keep him around as a squad player, but no way would I consider getting rid of Russell before him. At least Russell knows how to play the role in the system we use.

He might not be the best winger in the league, but he's a solid player.

I may have read this wrong...

But are you saying here that you would rather get rid of Nugent than Russell?

The guy has played less than 30 minutes of football for Derby and you'd rather get rid of him for a player who constantly hides from the ball & hasn't taken on a player successfully in 18 months. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

You adapt and evolve...... Johnny has been here 3 and a half seasons..... he was our star signing at beginning of the end for Clough..... 

Flashes of brilliance agree..... 

If you can't adapt to another "system" of how to play football..... I'd go far as to suggest why are they a footballer in the first place.

I like Russell..... he is solid, but he just doesn't turn it on enough for me..... 

I do understand your viewpoint but in a season of transfer and balance chaos nobody has turned it on at all 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I do understand your viewpoint but in a season of transfer and balance chaos nobody has turned it on at all 

I'd say Ince has more often than not..... probably agree though with what your saying to be fair. 

Just now, Premier ram said:

i think we have to think really hard before we sell Russell , theres not many wingers around who will put in the hard work that Johnney does , tracking back helping his full back out etc , we sorely missed him against Leeds

Exactly.. 

Archived