A fridge too far

ramsbottom

36 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Doubt Nigel would be stupid enough to work for an idiot like Fawaz, although if he does it'll end in tears. 

Pearce mk 2. 

BTW apologies for not showing face, I've been adapting to my new job and living arrangements, not had as much free time for chatting **** online.

Change user name to Red_AWOL with immediate effect. Four weeks Colchester glasshouse.:thumbsup:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

I've never known Burton block an approach, the chairman seems a good boss in that respect, and they usually recruit well to their managerial position (Rowett, JFH). If it was denied I think we'd have heard already.

I was thinking more along the lines of Clough being torn between loyalty to Burton and wanting to go to Forest. If Burton block the approach it takes it out of Nigel's hands and I don't think Clough would be overly upset about it.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Tapatalk don't have all the forums abilities that's why, they've destroyed that app with all the layout changes whilst removing features at the same time.

Plus it leaves security holes in the site

Agreed, it is ***** now. The layout is very user unfriendly aswell 

Burton have granted Forest permission to approach Nigel now it seems.

Pretty sure NC and Ben Robinson must be wetting themselves "go on Nigel! go and have a listen to what nonsense he comes out with.."

When Clough came to Derby he knew it was a big job but that he had the backing to rebuild the team no matter how long it took, and he ended up the third or fourth longest serving manager in the league didn't he? Zero evidence that Fawaz would afford him the same luxury. In fact nothing but evidence that he WOULDN'T!

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

It's not gonna happen. 

Like another poster has said it'll be a Steve Evans type character. 

You know it's slightly unfair coming on here and being MORE negative about Forest than we are... Rather takes the fun out of it for us...

I feel like I need to give you a warm cup of Bovril, a pat on the back and some words of encouragement

I think it's 50/50, supposedly meeting with Burton chairman today. I think it will hinge on what Fawaz says, if you spent most of your playing career at Forest like Clough did I imagine you'd put a lot of thought into the offer of managing that club, despite what is going on around it.

If he goes I think Burton will stay up, he almost derailed their promotion last season. The guy is just a below average manager. Never learns. All the piss take we got for hiring him, just like the piss take for our Prem season and they hired the mastermind twice. He walked away with 2 huge payoffs.

The day Fawaz leaves will be a sad day, he's been a constant source of entertainment.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

You know it's slightly unfair coming on here and being MORE negative about Forest than we are... Rather takes the fun out of it for us...

I feel like I need to give you a warm cup of Bovril, a pat on the back and some words of encouragement

Eugh not Bovril, stuffs rats. Coffee please

5 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Serious question -  could Forest actually disappear?

I imagine worst case scenario it would still do a Wimbledon, as its fans would set it up from square one again. But imagine not playing them for maybe 3/4 seasons?

Nah, it took this long for their fans to bother coming up with a half hearted protest. Do you think they'd have the organisation to set up a whole new football team? And if they could, what makes you think promotion through the tiers would be a formality?

Archived