A fridge too far

ramsbottom

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Nah, it took this long for their fans to bother coming up with a half hearted protest. Do you think they'd have the organisation to set up a whole new football team? And if they could, what makes you think promotion through the tiers would be a formality?

They'd all just go over to magpies and claim they were always county trun n thru and love the modernity and sophisication of meadow lane compared to the city of Kuwait ground.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

That's a different one, isn't it? I'm no twitter expert or even user! Surely Daveo is correct??

It is a different account to what David put up. The tweet about egg man is someone pretending to be Fawaz (sad I know) they have spelt his name wrong after the @, they have s and w the wrong way round.

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The real Fawaz is enough of a football chairman parody.

So we now we have a parody of a parody. ......is that a paradox?:lol:

Unfortunately not, but if someone made polite and and correct fake twitter account, that would be!

On 27 January 2017 at 13:09, ramsbottom said:

The big question is, would he actually want to manage them?  Remember he still holds a grudge at how they treated his Dad during his last season.  If there's one thing that people will agree on with Nige is that he has strong morals...

Until it comes to telling Polish footballers to go back to wherever they came from:ph34r:.

Nigel remembers how his dad was treated at the end, and the following scenario unfolds...

• Masterminds Burton to an impressive victory at QPR
  • Joins Forest
  • Buys a load of dross
  • Introduces a thing called 'tactics' to replace the usual 'hoof it to Alongerdongler', confusing the simpletons
  • Swaps Ben Osborne for Stephen Bywater
  • Forest get relegated
  • Burton survive
  • Leaves Forest
  • Re-joins Burton

Well done, Agent Clough

16 minutes ago, eddie said:

Nigel remembers how his dad was treated at the end, and the following scenario unfolds...

• Masterminds Burton to an impressive victory at QPR
  • Joins Forest
  • Buys a load of dross
  • Introduces a thing called 'tactics' to replace the usual 'hoof it to Alongerdongler', confusing the simpletons
  • Swaps Ben Osborne for Stephen Bywater
  • Forest get relegated
  • Burton survive
  • Leaves Forest
  • Re-joins Burton

Well done, Agent Clough

Sounds like when Redknapp joined Southampton from Portsmouth and back again.

39 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I bet most of the previous managers wanted that as well. Fawaz can tell him he'll have a role in choosing who's hired, but that doesn't mean he'll keep his word. 

Completely agree, Fawaz is a fraud and Nigel Clough should have learnt from his experience at Sheffield United not to work for moronic trigger-happy owners. I only hope he's entertaining the idea of moving to Forest to be polite to his former club.

I accepted a long time ago he would be Forest manager one day but he would be absolutely foolish to under the current circumstances - considering he could keep Burton up and the absolute mess that Forest is right now.

He's a good manager who's had reasonable success at all 3 clubs he's been to - he deserves better than this role.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

enlighten us? Pretty sure Nigel lost the players and fans with his poor management.

The owners have got through a lot of managers in a short space of time, they're clearly very difficult to please and should be avoided working for.

He had an incredible run to save them from relegation and almost got them in the play-offs. As well as this two incredible cup runs and a play-off place the next season. I wouldn't consider that poor management.

12 minutes ago, Jordy said:

The owners have got through a lot of managers in a short space of time, they're clearly very difficult to please and should be avoided working for.

He had an incredible run to save them from relegation and almost got them in the play-offs. As well as this two incredible cup runs and a play-off place the next season. I wouldn't consider that poor management.

Mostyn just doesn't like the bloke, and nothing will change that.

13 minutes ago, Jordy said:

Just now, eddie said:

Mostyn just doesn't like the bloke, and nothing will change that.

not at all, Sheff United were in a false position under Weir and it was no miracle to save them from relegation. They were pre-season favourites for promotion, but Weir was clueless, (think Nigel Pearson for us this season). The fact they they almost got to the play-offs would suggest they were NEVER serious relegation candidates.

Go and speak to Sheff United fans. He could and perhaps should have done a bit better and cannot feel hard done by.

Archived