A fridge too far

ramsbottom

You'd have thought Pearson could at least get his profile in the game back up by saying he didn't want the forest job.
I hope Nigel Clough doesn't go there, because he is the manager they need (not the one they deserve) - but I doubt forest would be patient enough to let him build.
He'd keep them up but be sacked within 12 months.
However, wed keep losing to them whilst he was there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come Huddersfield Town have three stars on their shirts? It goes without saying that they are a far bigger and better club than Forest, however they have never won the European cup. 

Is it because they have won the title three times? If so then we can have them as well.  

European Cup? Phuut! Who needs that. 

If Clough gets the job I wonder if the forest fans will develop memory loss again and forget they ever called him non league Nigel, just like they have no recollection of spending money or boasting they were the man city of the Midlands.

26 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

How come Huddersfield Town have three stars on their shirts? It goes without saying that they are a far bigger and better club than Forest, however they have never won the European cup. 

Is it because they have won the title three times? If so then we can have them as well.  

European Cup? Phuut! Who needs that. 

Three times in succession under the greatest manager of all time, Herbert Chapman. I'd say that's deserved.

I just can't believe he'd go there under Fawaz.

It made sense with a similar ownership group to what he'd worked with here, but not under the long lost Kuwaiti Chuckle Brother.

Don't do it Nigel, it won't just won't fly.

15 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think it's only Huddersfield and Arsenal who have won 3 consecutive 1st Division / PL titles

United have won three on the bounce twice within the PL era.

98/99, 99/00, 00/01 and 06/07, 07/08, 08/09.

Manchester United Premier League / Football League Titles

1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2013.

Also, Liverpool did it in the 80's so, the reason Huddersfield have 3 stars could be because they were the first to achieve the feat, 1924, 25 and 1926. 

Arsenal did it in the 30's, interestingly enough with Huddersfield's manager in charge.

I love google me.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

If Clough gets the job I wonder if the forest fans will develop memory loss again and forget they ever called him non league Nigel, just like they have no recollection of spending money or boasting they were the man city of the Midlands.

Non League who?

Surely not the Son of God ??

I'd be rubbish as a chairman, admittedly.

I mean, imagine being chairman, having a vision for the club and Nigel Pearson turning around asking for your full support to sign players like Vydra and Anya who you know full well simply don't fit the profile.

Fawaz backed his manager to sign three players on ridiculous wages. He either lets them and is later blasted for allowing such reckless spending, or blocks them and gets called up for interfering.

Part of me feels sorry for him if put in such a situation.

I obviously would never have hired Pearson. But going back to 2014/15, I would have told Mcclaren 'No' when he asked for Darren Bent.

Perhaps that would have tipped him over the edge and towards Newcastle and I would have ben blamed for the capitulation - or McClaren leaving.

Archived