A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Fawaz "the reason we were in an embargo is because the manager bought poorly, gave wages that we couldn't afford"

After next question.

Fawaz "I will never blame anyone for what has happened"

???

Which one?

That would have been my next question, its a long list to choose from!

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Stay strong ramsbottom. Remember when they were bragging about how much they were spending and laughing at non-league Nigel signing lower league and scottish players for us.

Its dog eat dog out there,,,,,or Ram eat reddog even.....:lol:

The funniest thing about that is one of those Scottish players stuck a hat-trick past them when we gubbed them 5-0 under McLaren first time around :D

46 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Which one?

That would have been my next question, its a long list to choose from!

He didn't want to name names. But he didn't know they were going to be in FFP trouble until it was too late.

*cough*Billy*cough*

1 hour ago, David said:

They'll end up having to do what Leeds did when Celino first took charge and pluck someone from non-league obscurity, under the guise of being daring an innovative. 

Theyve already gone down the obscure foreigner route, and burnt that bridge. 

Serioulsy though, heckinbottom is right, who would go there. Maybe someone who is desperate for a return to management (please let it be jewel). 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

He didn't want to name names. But he didn't know they were going to be in FFP trouble until it was too late.

*cough*Billy*cough*

Maybe it was all a plan by agent Steve. 

Meitner way, if he's implicitly blaming Billy, it kind of rules out a third coming. 

It takes a lot for me to think highly of Natalie Jackson but that interview did it. Didn't hide away from him at all, absolutely grilled him. He had nothing in response.

It's all just so great. So so great. I hope he never leaves.

Comes across so bad in these, washing his hands of any blame. Banter aside I would be seriously worried as a Forest fan right now.

4 years in and talking of creating a structure at the club, hasn't been able to as his hands are tied due to the club being sold, behave.

CEO's walking, managers coming out refusing to work with the guy, Collymore believing nothing will change having spoken to him.

Bills not paid as you guessed it, that was someone else's job, unaware of breaching FFP yet you're the one signing the cheques!

The only stability he has brought the club is the Kuwait flag on top of the stand. 

Dark days ahead.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Comes across so bad in these, washing his hands of any blame. Banter aside I would be seriously worried as a Forest fan right now.

4 years in and talking of creating a structure at the club, hasn't been able to as his hands are tied due to the club being sold, behave.

CEO's walking, managers coming out refusing to work with the guy, Collymore believing nothing will change having spoken to him.

Bills not paid as you guessed it, that was someone else's job, unaware of breaching FFP yet you're the one signing the cheques!

The only stability he has brought the club is the Kuwait flag on top of the stand. 

Dark days ahead.

Fawaz's key messages for the interview basically boil down to admitting that he is an idiot with more money than sense, and that he'll try to be less stupid in the future. A kid who broke his Lego kit and has no idea how to put it back together. Amazing.

From the gump forum regarding Heckingbottom, this is why i dont feel any sympathy toward them:

"I disagree with this, no matter the state of the club. If a manager of Barnsley doesn't think its a step up to come to a club with two stars on its crest, despite off the field crisis, then it shows me they have no ambition or balls. No matter whats going on in the background a motivated, head strong and determined character could make us a success. Its not as big as task as what he has already achieved with Barnsley. IMO"

8 minutes ago, David said:

Dark days ahead.

It's not his fault but he isn't going to blame anyone else. I guess **** happens.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Dark days ahead.

claiming managers sign players and commit to wages that the club cant afford without any oversight/sign off from above = madness if true

the part about not  being able to do anything whilst potential deal talks were on-going is cobblers also, as anyone who has been close to that sort of thing will attest. There might have been a clause within the exclusivity agreement that the other party had a right to be consulted before material transactions take place but that would be about it. A potential buyer is not going to expect the asset that he is purchasing to be left to degrade in value for the period of negotiations.

The man sounds as though he's waaaaay out of his depth.

11 minutes ago, Derbados said:

From the gump forum regarding Heckingbottom, this is why i dont feel any sympathy toward them:

"I disagree with this, no matter the state of the club. If a manager of Barnsley doesn't think its a step up to come to a club with two stars on its crest, despite off the field crisis, then it shows me they have no ambition or balls. No matter whats going on in the background a motivated, head strong and determined character could make us a success. Its not as big as task as what he has already achieved with Barnsley. IMO"

You know how I was saying previously I almost felt sorry for them.  Now I don't, now they deserve everything they get... 

Archived