Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well fair play to Tom I Guess. Have to say I think he'll be missed unless we have a fairly stellar signing tucked up our sleeve. I've plenty of time for Johnny Russell and I think Anya's ok but I can't see either of them fully filling the void left by Ince's departure. That said, if a player wants to go I suppose there's not much one can do about it really :(

1 hour ago, lichfieldterrier said:

Hi, Huddersfield fan in absolute peace I hasten to add! Just wondered why there's a sense of hatred towards us as a club on here especially after the Ince signing. Labels such as 'tinpot' etc being banded about when we have just achieved Premier League status on an absolute shoestring budget. We've never had the luxury of endless money like you guys who have tried and failed to buy promotion on numerous occasions. Why wouldn't Ince want to come to us? We have a superb owner/chairman and coach who seems to be able to get the best out of any player. Plus you'll find that Premier League status doesn't bother many a Town fan. If we are there for one season then so be it, the money will keep us going for years which is the main thing. The Championship is the new Premier League if you ask me when you look at the teams in it and the competitiveness. Personally I don't hate any club other than Leeds ? Good luck for your forthcoming campaign, should be interesting with Rowett. Think it's going to be one of the hardest seasons ever in the Championship this season.

Just ignore the more petty comments fella. There's certainly no 'hatred' from proper fans, just a sense of frustration really. I'll be keeping an eye on how the Terriers do this season and Tom in particular and wish your lot all the best.

31 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Just watched the interview with Tom and a Huddersfield press bloke.... Ince saying how playing against them twice last season were hardest games and Huddersfield played the best football by a mile...... what a load of b******s! They were crap at Pride Park! (Bitter Redcar??)

David Wagner is straight out of the Uwe Rosler school and remember how Wigan(?) managed to g-r-i-n-d out results against us. That said, I'm sure Wagner also has other systems that he will call upon once he has a better calibre of player. I suspect there will be a lot of pressure on Ince's shoulders next season to be their spark and that's the bit that reveals Ince's Achilles' heel...he loads pressure onto himself because arguably his pater feels he is the best player on the planet. 

Hi, Huddersfield fan in absolute peace I hasten to add! 

Welcome

Labels such as 'tinpot' etc being banded about when we have just achieved Premier League status on an absolute shoestring budget. 

I think some fans still associate less wealthy clubs with a status as a 'tinpot' - Bournemouth would be in the same boat since they have no fans

We've never had the luxury of endless money like you guys who have tried and failed to buy promotion on numerous occasions. 

Not the kind of statement one makes if they come in peace fella - I somewhat inflammatory statement - However true it may be

Why wouldn't Ince want to come to us? We have a superb owner/chairman and coach who seems to be able to get the best out of any player.

You have Premier League status - And by all accounts a very good manager - However I think people are questioning whether you can survive in the Prem and suggestions are that Brighton and Newcastle are probably going to be much better equipt to do so - In which case why would Ince want a single season getting hammered every week?

Hope for your sake that's not the case - It's unpleasant to watch - We know

Think it's going to be one of the hardest seasons ever in the Championship this season.

I think last year was harder - Brighton and Newcastle were standout and we had a LOT more clubs comeing from nowhere to challenge last year than usual - All the playoff teams plus Leeds - And then still had the other fancied pre-season favourites like Villa and Wolves to deal with

Think this season the relegated teams are weaker and there isn't anyone overly scary in the league - Think Villa will be more of a force than last year though

So we have officially sold our only unsellable player.

Come on then rowett. Who's the quality replacement that was promised?

i guarantee he does not score as many or assist as many as ince has in the last few years. Really has knocked the optimism for next season out of me so could do with some exciting signings.

Reasonable fee I think.

Good move for Ince as, like Hughes, he should get game time.

Personally think he is a bit of a one trick pony and will get found out by better quality full backs in the Premier League.

Honestly don't think we will miss him, think we will see goals and assists spread more evenly around the team.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Just watched the interview with Tom and a Huddersfield press bloke.... Ince saying how playing against them twice last season were hardest games and Huddersfield played the best football by a mile...... what a load of b******s! They were crap at Pride Park! (Bitter Redcar??)

Huddersfield were certainly very unambitious at pride park... Got an early goal and then just defended like mad. Nearly worked too if they hadn't riled butterfield into scoring an equaliser.

theres no hatred for Huddersfield but they do remind me of the Rams going up in 2007 and we know how that ended up. Ince has flirted briefly with teams in the prem, at hull and palace, and I think this will be another brief flirtation and a bit of a waste for him.

i see Huddersfield have said the fee was undisclosed at derbys request. The Rams have said its a club record.

but with so many fees being undisclosed what does that mean. Hendricks fee was £10.5 million. I don't believe we will have got more than that for ince and so it must be based on the assumed contingent fees kicking in, which as I say I don't fancy with Huddersfield being certs to go down. 

Just now, Andicis said:

I said when selling Hughes to Watford how f*****g embarrassing it was.

This tops it. We lost our best player to Huddersfield. Embarrassing.

Next you'll be telling us how winning the league 40 years ago is somehow relevant in 2017. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Next you'll be telling us how winning the league 40 years ago is somehow relevant in 2017. 

They were league one in 2012. They are now taking away our best players. We've been over taken, by a smaller club, with smaller funds. That's not really good enough, it's not even about the size, it's about how poorly we've used our investments, and recruitment. 

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Huddersfield were certainly very unambitious at pride park... Got an early goal and then just defended like mad. Nearly worked too if we hadn't riled butterfield into scoring an equaliser.

theres no hatred for Huddersfield but they do remind me of the Rams going up in 2007 and we know how that ended up. Ince has flirted briefly with teams in the prem, at hull and palace, and I think this will be another brief flirtation and a bit of a waste for him.

i see Huddersfield have said the fee was undisclosed at derbys request. The Rams have said its a club record.

but with so many fees being undisclosed what does that mean. Hendricks fee was £10.5 million. I don't believe we will have got more than that for ince and so it must be based on the assumed contingent fees kicking in, which as I say I don't fancy with Huddersfield being certs to go down. 

FTFY

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I said when selling Hughes to Watford how f*****g embarrassing it was.

This tops it. We lost our best player to Huddersfield. Embarrassing.

Whether you like it or not, they're a PL club. Would you rather that we sold Ince to a much bigger club? Aston Villa perhaps?

Archived