Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to him but in all probability he'll be back in the Championship in 2018. I think Huddersfields' problem will be that they won't score enough goals - really weak teams have dropped out of the PL, to be replaced by Newcastle (spending power) & Brighton, both with experienced managers.

1 hour ago, feisty said:

Ince sale in subsequent ffp year though?

Not sure I'm with you there-16/17 has gone,the projection would have been submitted in March,and because we've not heard anything to the contrary,we should assume we've passed.The only possible danger would be if the actual far exceeded the projection come Dec 1, but even then I don't see a problem because the 14/15 +15/16 actuals didn't take up too much of the available £39 (from memory only,about £14m).Incidentally, this shows that the Hughes sale didn't need to be in 16/17 -it didn't make much difference what year it was in,because both 16/17 and 17/18 are part of the current 3 year cycle (and we'd have been able to go over the £13m in 16/17 if we needed to).

Our fate in the current cycle will be sealed by the 17/18 projection ,to be submitted next March,and this is what we'll currently be working on,starting with the Ince sale (though the Hughes sale helps in terms of the whole 3 year, £39m cycle).

The only way the Ince sale could influence next year(18 /19)would be if an add on became payable then (ditto Hughes).

7 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Aresnal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, could argue for Villa too but they have been mismanaged

Chelsea and Man City both just have rich owners.

City were in League One not that long ago and Chelsea struggling to get crowds of over 15,000.

I still had hair last time Everton did anything of any note.  

I would say there are only 4 'big teams' in terms of league position, attendances and finances. Admittedly Chelsea and Man City look like joining the party.

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

There won't be any sell on clause for Ince - we met his "buyout clause" of £4.75m so there was no negotiation needed with Hull.

On reflection,and sorry to put a potential spanner in the works, but the buyout clause could have included a sell on clause for Hull,with no negotiation needed?

6 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Not sure I'm with you there-16/17 has gone,the projection would have been submitted in March,and because we've not heard anything to the contrary,we should assume we've passed.The only possible danger would be if the actual far exceeded the projection come Dec 1, but even then I don't see a problem because the 14/15 +15/16 actuals didn't take up too much of the available £39 (from memory only,about £14m).Incidentally, this shows that the Hughes sale didn't need to be in 16/17 -it didn't make much difference what year it was in,because both 16/17 and 17/18 are part of the current 3 year cycle (and we'd have been able to go over the £13m in 16/17 if we needed to).

Our fate in the current cycle will be sealed by the 17/18 projection ,to be submitted next March,and this is what we'll currently be working on,starting with the Ince sale (though the Hughes sale helps in terms of the whole 3 year, £39m cycle).

The only way the Ince sale could influence next year(18 /19)would be if an add on became payable then (ditto Hughes).

Thanks. Sorry I'm a bit slow on this. I do greatly appreciate your patience and analysis. 

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

Just watched the interview with Tom and a Huddersfield press bloke.... Ince saying how playing against them twice last season were hardest games and Huddersfield played the best football by a mile...... what a load of b******s! They were crap at Pride Park! (Bitter Redcar??)

It's typical footballer speak really, but yeah I'd have to agree... they were pants at our place. 

1 minute ago, feisty said:

Thanks. Sorry I'm a bit slow on this. I do greatly appreciate your patience and analysis. 

That's ok,it's going to take me time to fully get the hang of FFP,though at least we now know how it operates,without any guesswork. Also,when a new financial year has just started,you can easily 'mistake' years,until you're well into it.

28 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm very worried about us completely lacking in any creativity next season.

Is that it then? Do you mean to say the only creativity in the team was Tom? Are you the  guy that sits in the West upper that shouted bizarre comments when Ince wasn't played?

Pleased Huddersfield have now got the issues. Good deal GR.

Good luck to Tom. Selfish player but a massively effective player who produced some moments of outstanding quality in his time here. Worked harder than credited with too. 

Think he will fit in very nicely at Huddersfield. Think they've decent players beyond defence. But yep, defensively they will be ripped to pieces next season. Unless they recruit well there too. 

I hope this signals a more 'team' orientatated ethic at PP now. Less about the individual but more the 'unit' as a whole. Interesting times.

19 minutes ago, ramblur said:

On reflection,and sorry to put a potential spanner in the works, but the buyout clause could have included a sell on clause for Hull,with no negotiation needed?

That doesn't sound very likely as I've never heard of that occurring before!

8 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Is that it then? Do you mean to say the only creativity in the team was Tom? Are you the  guy that sits in the West upper that shouted bizarre comments when Ince wasn't played?

Pleased Huddersfield have now got the issues. Good deal GR.

'The issues' what do you mean by this? By creativity, I mean Hughes and Ince both leaving.

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

That doesn't sound very likely as I've never heard of that occurring before!

You very seldom hear of sell on clauses in respect of incoming players. If our maximum liability under sell ons rose by £8m in 15/16,it probably featured several players. Can you remember sell on clauses being mentioned in connection with the deals involving Shackell/Weimann/Butterfield /Johnson/Camara/Blackman ?

Finding a like for like replacement for Ince will be very difficult and costly. In my opinion our best bet would be to buy two very good 'proper' wingers to add to the team, instead of the inside forward style of player I'd class Ince as being.

We're losing a good player here but I really think we can come out of this a better team if we can strengthen on both flanks as opposed to only really looking dangerous on one of them. Maybe I'm just being extremely positive/naive about all this though! :lol:

Archived