Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's 5 posters who are "gutted" and one who is "guttered" ( lying in a gutter?) He's gone. Get over it and keep the faith

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

They are making some decent signings are Huddersfield.

Danny Williams 

Steve Mounie (striker) 

As long with Kasey Palmer(loan if reports are true) 

I.Brown for £8m 

Think they'll be fine in Premier League.

2 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

That's 5 posters who are "gutted" and one who is "guttered" ( lying in a gutter?) He's gone. Get over it and keep the faith

Don't get me wrong, I've got the faith. Sad to see him go, but looking forward to what it can bring.

Clubs like Burnley repeatedly sold their best players and replaced them with the same calibre if not better.

I trust we can do the same.

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

Never mind the loss to the club. I now have to change my avatar AGAIN

So far I've had Sam Rush and Tom Ince. The curse of my avatar atrikes again

Any requests for my next choice?

Sorry if I'm being thick, but how is your avatar based on Tom Ince?

3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

The tosser responsible for our transfer policy over the past 3 years ,not sure who that is but if I find out will you stick it up for me please.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Hughes - 6m 

Ince - 8m

14m received up front - 2.5m spent, 11.5m left for Gary to rebuild this team with a few other outs likely - will be interesting to see how this goes

I doubt they'll be anymore, unless they're loans.  I know we need to ship a few out, I know GR wants to ship a few out, but those two were our shining lights.  Nobody wants the rest...

Would of liked to see him stay but lets be realistic, players come, players go. Maybe we could of got a bit more money for him but I have seen this club sell the likes of Huddlestone, Christie, Riggott etc for peanuts. There are not many players like Le Tissier or Stevie G that stay at one club, I know Ince came here a couple of years ago but could you of seen in all honesty Hughes or Ince staying at Derby till they was 36? Ince was always going to attract Premier League clubs, we shouldn't be holding players back. Good luck Tom, all the best and thank you for the memories 

5 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Chris Baird, Kevin Phillips, Jason Shackell, Alex Pearce... Mel?

I think the reason it dragged on into July is that Ince features on the June page of the DCFC desktop calender. At least we got our money's worth there. 

Now we wait with baited breath to see who the 'very very good replacement' is.

Please don't be Nick Blackman....

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be the same amount of anger about Tom going as there was Will, particularly as Tom has been (arguably) a lot more effective recently.  Is it because he wasn't 'one of own', that the fee seems more realsitic or reasonable (although the number of fees I've seen for Will suggests nobody outside Derby or Watford really knows what we got) or is it that he just isn't as good a player and will be easier to replace... or a combination of all of the above.

Certainly not the end of the world that he has gone, nice bit of profit and the excitement of an exciting replacement ahead....

Just now, LazloW said:

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be the same amount of anger about Tom going as there was Will, particularly as Tom has been (arguably) a lot more effective recently.  Is it because he wasn't 'one of own', that the fee seems more realsitic or reasonable (although the number of fees I've seen for Will suggests nobody outside Derby or Watford really knows what we got) or is it that he just isn't as good a player and will be easier to replace... or a combination of all three.

Certainly not the end of the world that he has gone, nice bit of profit and the excitement of an exciting replacement ahead....

From my side of it, I think it's definitely the fee.

I didn't want either to go, but I also realise everyone has a price. I feel we got pretty close with Ince, but got our pants pulled down for Will.

19 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

David New Gent?

Archived