Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

Sad to see him go - hopefully we have another player lined up who can score some goals for us. 

On the bright side I can't see our kit being any uglier than that Huddersfield one he is wearing in the announcement pic.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

I wonder how much money GR has to play with. By our reckoning if Derby want to stay within FFP for this cycle there is only about £6m to spend after this sale. (Me and three fellow accountants in the office). Is that what this is all about? 

I wonder if the sales of Hughes and Ince would allow Rowett to spend a fair bit?

With the FFP amounts being split over a number of years, the x amount we got for the two players may allow Rowett to spend more than we raised.

Unless I got the wrong end of the stick with this whole FFP thing.

I'm very sad to lose Ince but I really do wish him the best of luck. Always gave 100% for the team (despite what some people claim) and I think he improved his game a lot in his 2 and a half seasons with us. Deserves a fair crack at the Premier League.

Not sure how we replace him though :( 

Ince has been decent for us, a bit marmite at times but good luck to the lad who must know that he is on a stepping stone after his one season at Huddersfield who I hope do better than the likes of Watford, palace,Bournmouth,Burnley - my goodness there are some crap looking fixtures in that league ! 

Decent money, but not magnificent by premiership stupidity levels

i hope we don't waste it on what turns out to be rubbish  

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wonder if the sales of Hughes and Ince would allow Rowett to spend a fair bit?

With the FFP amounts being split over a number of years, the x amount we got for the two players may allow Rowett to spend more than we raised.

Unless I got the wrong end of the stick with this whole FFP thing.

Spending it is one thing wasting it is a completely different matter but so far Rowett has done two decent incoming deals

the next one out is probably Christie which will be interesting to see what price we end up with for him

4 minutes ago, Nijul_cluff said:

Is it only me that thinks ince wasn't really that good and he can be replaced? 

If i am the only one then fair do's

He was decent but yes he can be replaced and maybe the team will click better rather than him trying to do everything up front like last season

Just now, Sparkle said:

He was decent but yes he can be replaced and maybe the team will click better rather than him trying to do everything up front like last season

Yeah exactly. No point calling for GR head until he gets a replacement and even then the season needs to start 

20 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Whether you like it or not, they're a PL club. Would you rather that we sold Ince to a much bigger club? Aston Villa perhaps?

A Premier League club for one season. I don't see them lasting any longer than that.

2 minutes ago, Nijul_cluff said:

Is it only me that thinks ince wasn't really that good and he can be replaced? 

If i am the only one then fair do's

Ermmmm? I'm kind of half and half ,, I don't think he deserved the lazy tag some gave him as I think he worked hard ,, I reckon he is also a decent lad with decent attitude not the sulky spoilt brat some ladled him ,,decent player but I think hes an individual type player and I do believe we can improve the team with a cheaper less rated type Player that is more of a underrated provider ,,, course I may be wrong and we don't replace his individual goals with more spread round the team goals ,, interesting times and gr has the balls to build his own team and be judged on it .

that said ,best of luck tom ince and hope it works well for him , I've not got a bad word to say about his time at our club

Just now, Andicis said:

A Premier League club for one season. I don't see them lasting any longer than that.

But none the less they're are a Premier League club at present and ince must have wanted to go, so you can't stop him and you can't blame the club for selling him, 

2 minutes ago, archied said:

Ermmmm? I'm kind of half and half ,, I don't think he deserved the lazy tag some gave him as I think he worked hard ,, I reckon he is also a decent lad with decent attitude not the sulky spoilt brat some ladled him ,,decent player but I think hes an individual type player and I do believe we can improve the team with a cheaper less rated type Player that is more of a underrated provider ,,, course I may be wrong and we don't replace his individual goals with more spread round the team goals ,, interesting times and gr has the balls to build his own team and be judged on it .

that said ,best of luck tom ince and hope it works well for him , I've not got a bad word to say about his time at our club

I haven't got a bad word to say about him either, just don't think he's irreplaceable that's all. 

3 minutes ago, Nijul_cluff said:

But none the less they're are a Premier League club at present and ince must have wanted to go, so you can't stop him and you can't blame the club for selling him, 

I don't blame Ince for wanting to have a crack at the Premier League, I just think that he could have at least got a position on a stable PL club, as opposed to a dead cert for relegation.

2 minutes ago, Nijul_cluff said:

I haven't got a bad word to say about him either, just don't think he's irreplaceable that's all. 

Agree , I don't think he's irreplaceable either

Just now, Andicis said:

I don't blame Ince for wanting to have a crack at the Premier League, I just think that he could have at least got a position on a stable PL club, as opposed to a dead cert for relegation.

Maybe nobody else was in for him? 

Archived