Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, ramblur said:

You very seldom hear of sell on clauses in respect of incoming players. If our maximum liability under sell ons rose by £8m in 15/16,it probably featured several players. Can you remember sell on clauses being mentioned in connection with the deals involving Shackell/Weimann/Butterfield /Johnson/Camara/Blackman ?

Nope, are they the only other options?!

Does the figure not include addons eg Butterfield fee quoted anywhere between £3m & £6m, Blackman fee quoted anywhere between £1.5m & £3.5m...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Danny Williams 

Steve Mounie (striker) 

As long with Kasey Palmer(loan if reports are true) 

I.Brown for £8m 

Think they'll be fine in Premier League.

They actually got Kasey Palmer on loan. 

Just now, Saul Pimpson said:

Does the figure not include addons eg Butterfield fee quoted anywhere between £3m & £6m, Blackman fee quoted anywhere between £1.5m & £3.5m...

Yes that's a good point. Some of those fees could rise if we had reached the PL. 

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Just ignore the more petty comments fella. There's certainly no 'hatred' from proper fans, just a sense of frustration really. I'll be keeping an eye on how the Terriers do this season and Tom in particular and wish your lot all the best.

That's the one! 

We're so fed up with our own failings we've forgotten how to be gracious to those who've striven and got over the line. 

Good fortune udders :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, ramblur said:

Thanks,and I may have been a bit fast out of the traps there,as he did go on to say something like 'if I don't know,very few on the planet will'. I'd have to say though that there'll be millions upon millions on the planet far more capable than me! So apologies to @VulcanRam

No worries, no apology needed, it was meant as a compliment, as was the "mighty", which you are, even if it's just on this board!

Just now, ramblur said:

You very seldom hear of sell on clauses in respect of incoming players. If our maximum liability under sell ons rose by £8m in 15/16,it probably featured several players. Can you remember sell on clauses being mentioned in connection with the deals involving Shackell/Weimann/Butterfield /Johnson/Camara/Blackman ?

Camara should be a deposit back arrangement like an old pop bottle :lol:

Just now, Saul Pimpson said:

Because the rise arose in 15/16,I've tried to include all those who were bought for fees in that year (and you can add Ince)

A sell on clause isn't really an add on to a transfer fee in that sense - it just means that a proportion of any future fee might ,sometimes depending on whether profit based or fee based,go to the original selling club.

If you take the Hughes sale,Gary said there were several add ons in the deal and also a sell on clause.

5 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

No worries, no apology needed, it was meant as a compliment, as was the "mighty", which you are, even if it's just on this board!

Yeh,i realised it was a compliment afterwards.Not been feeling great recently,and probably shouldn't be posting.I was tired and probably a bit tetchy. I'm off to kip in a few mins:(

3 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I understand FFP is only based on actual revenue and outgoings? Derbys core issue is a lack of non investor income (tickets marketing and the like) which is not sufficient to support player wages hence there is always going to be pressure to sell the best players in a three year cycle. Vydra and co looks poor business in that respect as it created a shortfall this year. To be a big club now it needs strong regular income....  DCFC struggles to compete in that league. It needs the backing of a major investor who can develop or tap into world wide marketing opportunities. Look at the teams who have developed and been succesful they all have that in common. 

1 minute ago, Ramleicester said:

I understand FFP is only based on actual revenue and outgoings? Derbys core issue is a lack of non investor income (tickets marketing and the like) which is not sufficient to support player wages hence there is always going to be pressure to sell the best players in a three year cycle. Vydra and co looks poor business in that respect as it created a shortfall this year. To be a big club now it needs strong regular income....  DCFC struggles to compete in that league. It needs the backing of a major investor who can develop or tap into world wide marketing opportunities. Look at the teams who have developed and been succesful they all have that in common. 

Income and expenditure (what was due to be paid/received in the year in question,as opposed to cash actually paid/received). Tbf our turnover is pretty good compared to most in the championship, it's just that it appears we went a bit ott on wages in 15/16.

If we are successful in the player (and hence wages/amortisation) cull proposed, we'll probably get back under £13m FFP on normal income/expenditure. 

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

'The issues' what do you mean by this?

Wumming a bit mate. No issues with Hughes at all.

On the other front I covered this off right early in the thread and his poor positional play, his absolute left sidedness and tantrums made him for me the first one I would've sold. Creativity Bah! Humbug!

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Danny Williams has just signed also, building a very good championship team for the season after next 

I think they'll be fine in the Premier League and will surprise some. 

Ince scored, good, important goals and more than justified his price tag when we signed him.

Personally hope he cracks it in the top flight and wish him all the best.

As fans we all hear rumours and tittle tattle about this player and that but from what I can gather he's got his head down and got stuck into his role here and not been any trouble.

Onto his replacement.

I recall Mr Rowett saying something along the lines of a very very good player coming in.

Hopefully this gets done soon, whoever he has in mind.

Just now, AmberRamber said:

Onto his replacement.

I recall Mr Rowett saying something along the lines of a very very good player coming in.

Hopefully this gets done soon, whoever he has in mind.

Very very high quality replacement according GR. 

Archived