FAC Round 4 - Leicester (H)

Animal is a Ram

56 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Really?

an 'Odious creep'?

I'm interested as to why you think that?

I'm not a blind supporter of his by the way, but seems a bit strong..

Tired of his political views on Twitter. Disliked him since his crowing about the dodgy dealings involved in the 'rescue' of Leicester city. He criticises the FA and FIFA for being money centric yet that's what he is. He also makes his feelings known about things like refugees, well he's paid to yap about football so how does that make him a world authority on such things? 

Plus he gives me the creeps 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

They have to be favourites but we will be no walk over, let's see, we are capable of winning this. 

I have just been on their website and they want to sing that they are champions of England and they should as it's a great achievement, they also want to sing that it's something we will never be. 

Although we have been that twice .... it's was a bit ago but our name is there twice 

Not for much longer.

57 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Horrible place to take a kid as an away fan. Atmosphere is vicious 

Nah, always sit with home fans, no doubt they still have their squadies but the real evil ones have largely grown old.

My youngest ashamedly has been a mascot there at the 4-1 drubbing, all friendly banter around me though even when we scored and stood up.

Expect might have been harder if away this time, as tickets no doubt more in demand these days, with the new breed of foxes glory hunters; I'm sure these will grow weary in a few years though. 

One of my local pubs already buzzing for it.

And Derby County got a "Hooray" from someone in the crowd when drawn out on BT Sport, and that was our only mention other than reading the tie out live, the usual teams got mentioned when reviewing the main ties afterwards.

BBC Sport News did the usual thing on Saturday night before Match of The Day, put all the shock results up and mentioned every other game except W.B.A 1 Derby County 2. At least I got to see the result, even if I was blind the BBC, Sky, BT and every other media form, would mean exactly what it currently means to me, nothing.

15 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Tired of his political views on Twitter. Disliked him since his crowing about the dodgy dealings involved in the 'rescue' of Leicester city. He criticises the FA and FIFA for being money centric yet that's what he is. He also makes his feelings known about things like refugees, well he's paid to yap about football so how does that make him a world authority on such things? 

Plus he gives me the creeps 

Fair enough. 

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Other than his shenanigans with his wife/women, I think he's one of the few credits to football. He's a really good anchor of a TV program, articulate, and intelligent in a way that very few ex-player pundits are (you only need to see what collymore has just posted on twitter to see an example of that). His football record in terms of goals and discipline is legendary.

and yes he is one of those currently maligned 'liberal elites' when it comes to his Twitter posts, but he doesn't take that onto MOTD with him, so you can choose not to follow him on Twitter and  if enough people agree with you and do the same he may shut up about 'refugees' and 'the murdoch press' etc.

but he does have the right to speak about those things and I quite like him for it.

like I say, agree to disagree, I'm sure I won't convince you. But I think, in essence he's a good man and I think the world could currently do with more of them, so I'll defend him.

57 minutes ago, Duracell said:

So you're basically saying Spurs shouldn't act like a big club because if they weren't they wouldn't be?

I'm saying they only get talked about due to Arsenal look how they are covered compared to Everton, Spurs aren't a big club, big clubs win things on a regular basis

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

Depends on where you see the Derby vs Leicester rivalry in the rankings. Leeds has usually trumped Leicester for me, with Forest being the big rivalry. But with us playing Leeds loads in recent years, sharing a division with them, Leicester has picked up a bit.

Firstly, I've got to silence all of these "Leicester fans" who appeared out of the woodwork since they won the league. People who didn't even like football before have suddenly taken an interest because they lived in Leicester once for about a year and so they've always had Fox blood in their veins.

Secondly, they won the bleeding Championship after well and truly sausageting us at the King Prawn Bowl with Nugent well and truly taking the piss. We now have Nugent in our side. That signalled a league double over us and they even knocked us out of the League Cup that year. We haven't played them since then and they've gone on to be Premier League champions. We can't leave the record like that, no matter how tenuous the rivalry.

Thirdly, they're responsible for Nigel Pearson being a thing. They created that beast and then allowed him to be unleashed on us. We must have vengeance. 

Not to patronise you Tony, but as a relatively new fan, maybe you've not had time to become fully acquainted with the bin-dippers. Just go to this game and believe me it won't take long to see why they need knocking down a peg.

Love it. Can't wait for this one.

Tombo .. That is .... in a word ... Majestic ! You are a pure bred football loving wordsmith 

I'm a newish half fan but have breathed real football for many a year and what you said is, well, what real born fans think when games like this crop up. 

I am really looking forward to it .. Difficult, top class and then dial in local rivalry, crowd, noise 

funnily enough I Would love a night game .. Frosty, bitter cold, bright lights ... Yeah ! Real cup tie 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

the way he went about it, i'm told, wasn't very nice at all.

I didn't call him an odious creep, but I'd not be surprised if he's not as nice as his image seems to be.

I had a drink with him (and a couple of other people) once. He was quite likeable in person, despite the gin and tonic he drank, but he definitely isn't like his public "saintly" persona. I could say more but will restrain myself... legal reasons blah blah blah.

Lets help our lads reach wembly 3 times this season and also getting our self promation to the premership and really put them on notice that derby are back and ready for glory once more. The sleeping gaints have woken up once again. We have beaten a very good west brom side and out played them from start to finnish.

1 hour ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Fair enough. 

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Other than his shenanigans with his wife/women, I think he's one of the few credits to football. He's a really good anchor of a TV program, articulate, and intelligent in a way that very few ex-player pundits are (you only need to see what collymore has just posted on twitter to see an example of that). His football record in terms of goals and discipline is legendary.

and yes he is one of those currently maligned 'liberal elites' when it comes to his Twitter posts, but he doesn't take that onto MOTD with him, so you can choose not to follow him on Twitter and  if enough people agree with you and do the same he may shut up about 'refugees' and 'the murdoch press' etc.

but he does have the right to speak about those things and I quite like him for it.

like I say, agree to disagree, I'm sure I won't convince you. But I think, in essence he's a good man and I think the world could currently do with more of them, so I'll defend him.

I'm happy for anyone to disagree. I don't follow him on twitter anymore but he gets retweeted a lot. 

Often there is no logic as to why a man gives a woman the creeps. It just is. 

Archived