FAC Round 4 - Leicester (H)

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

What can't you see, D_EL?

Look at b4 post in previous page (he did started a thread but mod moved to this thread) 

3 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Tired of his political views on Twitter. Disliked him since his crowing about the dodgy dealings involved in the 'rescue' of Leicester city. He criticises the FA and FIFA for being money centric yet that's what he is. He also makes his feelings known about things like refugees, well he's paid to yap about football so how does that make him a world authority on such things? 

Plus he gives me the creeps 

Because refugees fleeing warzones are human, and so is he. I'd say that qualifies him to display some degree of empathy, and I'd urge you to do the same. 

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Lets help our lads reach wembly 3 times this season and also getting our self promation to the premership and really put them on notice that derby are back and ready for glory once more. The sleeping gaints have woken up once again. We have beaten a very good west brom side and out played them from start to finnish.

Yeah let's go for the domestic treble.

11 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And Derby County got a "Hooray" from someone in the crowd when drawn out on BT Sport, and that was our only mention other than reading the tie out live, the usual teams got mentioned when reviewing the main ties afterwards.

BBC Sport News did the usual thing on Saturday night before Match of The Day, put all the shock results up and mentioned every other game except W.B.A 1 Derby County 2. At least I got to see the result, even if I was blind the BBC, Sky, BT and every other media form, would mean exactly what it currently means to me, nothing.

Maybe you could take this as a compliment as they didn't consider it a shock that the mighty RAMS beat them!!!!!

Just a thought

If we assume that it will be a TV game:

How about a pundit panel of players who have played for both teams in the past:

How about 

Sav Robbie  (Slight Derby bias)

Chris Powell (unlikely to be released by DCFC for media duties?!)

(So forget CP...)

Any other suggestions? 

Martin ONeil is a good pundit. (I think..but very pro Leicester )..has Nigel Clough sufficient clout to balance him or should we start looking at our ex's to stand up to M. (Apart from NP obviously )...

Shilts? 

If it's on TV ??@@!!

Lincoln have one of their biggest games coming up when they play Ipswich at home. Ten quid, two quid under 18's. Could easily have charged a lot more and amazed they haven't.

Surely Derby wouldn't go more than 25 for this one? I think 25 is steep but it's what they charged when Liverpool visited so fair enough.

2 hours ago, Err ram io said:

If we assume that it will be a TV game:

How about a pundit panel of players who have played for both teams in the past:

How about 

Sav Robbie  (Slight Derby bias)

Chris Powell (unlikely to be released by DCFC for media duties?!)

(So forget CP...)

Any other suggestions? 

Martin ONeil is a good pundit. (I think..but very pro Leicester )..has Nigel Clough sufficient clout to balance him or should we start looking at our ex's to stand up to M. (Apart from NP obviously )...

Shilts? 

If it's on TV ??@@!!

Matt Oakley. 

I'd never realised quite how much Leicester fans see Derby as a huge game. There are a few different anti-Derby chants on their thread about the FA Cup draw lol and the vast majority wanted Derby when they were chatting pre-draw. Bless.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'd never realised quite how much Leicester fans see Derby as a huge game. There are like 4 or 5 different anti-Derby chants on their thread about the FA Cup draw lol and the vast majority wanted Derby when they were chatting pre-draw. Bless.

I take it as a compliment. Be a great atmosphere!! 

Depends a bit where you were born, I grew up in a Leicestershire village where the vast majority were City fans. I didn't know Notts Forest existed til I lived in Loughborough. So the bin dippers always feel like big rivals to me. Also, of course, there was only steam radio and newspapers so didn't know much about any other teams!

14 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Fair enough. 

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Other than his shenanigans with his wife/women, I think he's one of the few credits to football. He's a really good anchor of a TV program, articulate, and intelligent in a way that very few ex-player pundits are (you only need to see what collymore has just posted on twitter to see an example of that). His football record in terms of goals and discipline is legendary.

and yes he is one of those currently maligned 'liberal elites' when it comes to his Twitter posts, but he doesn't take that onto MOTD with him, so you can choose not to follow him on Twitter and  if enough people agree with you and do the same he may shut up about 'refugees' and 'the murdoch press' etc.

but he does have the right to speak about those things and I quite like him for it.

like I say, agree to disagree, I'm sure I won't convince you. But I think, in essence he's a good man and I think the world could currently do with more of them, so I'll defend him.

There were also rumours of a call girl who committed suicied, with Gary Lineker allegedly being a party in the aftermath. Being careful of not to openly state something that could be libellous. I don't know whether you've heard this @Ewe Ram?

3 minutes ago, archram said:

Depends a bit where you were born, I grew up in a Leicestershire village where the vast majority were City fans. I didn't know Notts Forest existed til I lived in Loughborough. So the bin dippers always feel like big rivals to me. Also, of course, there was only steam radio and newspapers so didn't know much about any other teams!

Haha fair point. I was born and have always lived in Stockport so you lot in East Midlands I watch and let you all have a pop at each other then get it all translated 

Archived