FAC Round 4 - Leicester (H)

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

I'm bloody missing this due to a wedding grrrrrr. Least get to see the Burton game. Can we get them to keep the Burton game on the 28th so I can go lol hopefully it gets changed to either Friday night Sunday or Monday for TV haha 

Looking at the rest of the draw, I would say there is a good chance it'll be on TV. 5 or 6 ties out of 16 to be shown on TV

37 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Depends on where you see the Derby vs Leicester rivalry in the rankings. Leeds has usually trumped Leicester for me, with Forest being the big rivalry. But with us playing Leeds loads in recent years, sharing a division with them, Leicester has picked up a bit.

Firstly, I've got to silence all of these "Leicester fans" who appeared out of the woodwork since they won the league. People who didn't even like football before have suddenly taken an interest because they lived in Leicester once for about a year and so they've always had Fox blood in their veins.

Secondly, they won the bleeding Championship after well and truly sausageting us at the King Prawn Bowl with Nugent well and truly taking the piss. We now have Nugent in our side. That signalled a league double over us and they even knocked us out of the League Cup that year. We haven't played them since then and they've gone on to be Premier League champions. We can't leave the record like that, no matter how tenuous the rivalry.

Thirdly, they're responsible for Nigel Pearson being a thing. They created that beast and then allowed him to be unleashed on us. We must have vengeance. 

Not to patronise you Tony, but as a relatively new fan, maybe you've not had time to become fully acquainted with the bin-dippers. Just go to this game and believe me it won't take long to see why they need knocking down a peg.

Love it. Can't wait for this one.

Haha no worries Tombo.

It's a big draw - no doubts. I'm still fond of lower league clubs and would always prefer to get one of those, preferably away. Not because there is a high likelihood of progression into the next round but because I would like to go back to some of my old haunts with Derby.

I see teams like Leicester on telly every week and that over exposure has numbed the excitement of this draw out of me. I don't see Wycombe every week or Accrington every week other than highlights so it's something new.

I guess I'm just one of those oddballs. I'm more likely to go against Accrington than against a middling Prem side like Leicester. Yes they won the Prem and it was a scintillating achievement for which they deserve all the credit they've got but they aren't Arsenal or Chelsea who I also see on tv every week but they have got the big club worldwide status achieved over many years.

They are however another huge club only a few miles down the road and I'm sure it will be a competitive encounter.

Anyone hazard a guess on ticket prices though?

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Haha no worries Tombo.

It's a big draw - no doubts. I'm still fond of lower league clubs and would always prefer to get one of those, preferably away. Not because there is a high likelihood of progression into the next round but because I would like to go back to some of my old haunts with Derby.

I see teams like Leicester on telly every week and that over exposure has numbed the excitement of this draw out of me. I don't see Wycombe every week or Accrington every week other than highlights so it's something new.

I guess I'm just one of those oddballs. I'm more likely to go against Accrington than against a middling Prem side like Leicester. Yes they won the Prem and it was a scintillating achievement for which they deserve all the credit they've got but they aren't Arsenal or Chelsea who I also see on tv every week but they have got the big club worldwide status achieved over many years.

They are however another huge club only a few miles down the road and I'm sure it will be a competitive encounter.

Damn. Would've loved it if we'd got Wycombe - they're my no.2 team after DCFC!

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Haha no worries Tombo.

I guess I'm just one of those oddballs. I'm more likely to go against Accrington than against a middling Prem side like Leicester. Yes they won the Prem and it was a scintillating achievement for which they deserve all the credit they've got but they aren't Arsenal or Chelsea.

Fair enough, I get that. I had my eye on Lincoln away as that would have been a decent away ground to visit and not too much on the train (got to think about the budget these days!). Can't argue with Leicester at home as it could have been so so much worse for me not being able to get to most away games.

Tickets I'd guess probably about £30. Which is steep I know but that's how much it'd be if we played them in the league. This is an almost certain sell out on a normal day, never mind that we haven't played them in 3 years.

Just now, Ramshankered said:

Damn. Would've loved it if we'd got Wycombe - they're my no.2 team after DCFC!

Up the Chairboys!!

I have the distinction of inadvertantly breaking an advertising hoarding in the away end at Adams Park after using it as a drum all game and owned up and offered to pay for the damage afterwards and they said thanks for being honest don't worry they'll sort it!

Lovely stuff!

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Fair enough, I get that. I had my eye on Lincoln away as that would have been a decent away ground to visit and not too much on the train (got to think about the budget these days!). Can't argue with Leicester at home as it could have been so so much worse for me not being able to get to most away games.

Tickets I'd guess probably about £30. Which is steep I know but that's how much it'd be if we played them in the league. This is an almost certain sell out on a normal day, never mind that we haven't played them in 3 years.

Yeah Lincoln would have been great although I can't see them getting through the replay.

I won't be going if it's 30 quid. No chance. It's Leicester and FA Cup 4th round not a semi. I get they are champions but they aren't really a traditional big club who you would pay over the odds to see. Just my view anyway.

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

to be fair its pretty annoying seeing Spurs fans act like they are a massive club when if there were anywhere other than London they'd be irrelevant

So you're basically saying Spurs shouldn't act like a big club because if they weren't they wouldn't be?

They have to be favourites but we will be no walk over, let's see, we are capable of winning this. 

I have just been on their website and they want to sing that they are champions of England and they should as it's a great achievement, they also want to sing that it's something we will never be. 

Although we have been that twice .... it's was a bit ago but our name is there twice 

Archived