George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

(For those amongst you who are young, this is a reference to the graffiti that appeared on walls in London in the late 1960s in the heyday of the band Cream stating that (Eric) 'Clapton is God')...

But what did he ever do apart from push his kid out a window a write a song about it?

(And the "Beano" album i suppose, and cream, and...)

On 13/12/2017 at 13:55, ramsbottom said:

Owen Bradley on Twitter 

Gary Rowett reveals Derby are in discussions with George Thorne's representatives about a new deal. #dcfcfans?

?

The medical team will be rubbing their hands in anticipation. It'll keep them in a job for a while.

15 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

Look, I don't want to be irrational or OTT about this BUT...

THORNE = GOD

Right then, debate over I think LOL

LR2

Let's get real 

Thorne is good  but think 

MacFarland

Todd

Hector

George 

Hinton

Mackay

Gemmill

I rest my case when it comes to = God 

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Let's get real 

Thorne is good  but think 

MacFarland

Todd

Hector

George 

Hinton

Mackay

Gemmill

I rest my case when it comes to = God 

Take relativity into account. Best Derby player in my 22 years (arguably the worst 22 years in our history mind). 

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

Take relativity into account. Best Derby player in my 22 years (arguably the worst 22 years in our history mind). 

When I go to Pride Park I hope to see players with intelligence and skill. Baiano fitted the bill perfectly and we have had a few players since that have given much satisfaction.

Thorne's debut showed immediately what a good player he is. The injuries he has had may mean he won't reach the peak we may have hoped for but his recent start showed he can still make a great contribution.

From the moment McLaren showed  interest in a permanent signing George has been fully committed to the DCFC cause and his work to get back to playing, despite setbacks, deserves great credit. Absolutely worth a contract extension 

8 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

I was lucky to watch Derby during the 1960s and 70s. Spoilt really when you look at us now 

Yep , we were spoilt ,

bloody good though wasn't it?

He came on at a time where Villa should have been throwing absolutely everything at us to get something from the game.

When he had the ball, it was as if there were no opposition players on the pitch. Anything other than a new contract would be insane.

Archived