George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I didn't see him coughing when he was losing the ball and playing missplaced passes?

This describes his contribution perfectly - he gave the ball away and played teammates into trouble. Cough or no cough, he looked poor. Regrettably I think we need to forget about him for a while to come yet.

3 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Was at the game last night watched George closely said to my lad he did not look well right after the first few minutes.Off the ball he was  coughing and rubbing his throat, was probably not a great idea from the coaching staff to ask him to play.

Why the f**k did they play him them?? 

Theres no way if he was that bad on the pitch he was right as rain in the dressing room, they must have seen he was struggling surely??

This club seems to lack a lot of basic common sense

50 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Theres no way if he was that bad on the pitch he was right as rain in the dressing room, they must have seen he was struggling surely??

I have played with a cough quite a few times, sometimes once you get into the game and your lungs are going and the adrenaline kicks in then you can quite easily do an hour, sometimes, like last night, it doesn't and just makes the cough worse. Better to start him see how he goes, if he can last an hour, great, if not then you can sub him off. If he was on the bench and they brought him on with 15-20 to go and he started to struggle then he would have to come off and it is a wasted substitute.

It is quite obvious he is doing what he can to get match fit. He has probably said that he thought he could last 60 mins.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Matches the fans then.

Archived